Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

JUly 11th release?

Where the hell is our beta keys if release is so near? Flame all you want. We were conned into buying subscriptions and mags with a promise to beta and the game releases in 2 weeks?

"I'm not a racist...I only hate stupid people..."-SinisterCB

Comments

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by SinisterCB

Where the hell is our beta keys if release is so near? Flame all you want. We were conned into buying subscriptions and mags with a promise to beta and the game releases in 2 weeks?

No Sigil employee has ever promised a July release.  In fact the devs have never promised any release date.  All along all they have said is that they hope the game will be released sometime in 2006.  Recently they have changed that and said they hope to release this Winter which they have said could mean either December or the 1st quater of 2007.  Gaming sites always put release dates early for the purpose of generating pre-sales from people that don't take the time to learn about the game.  When the gamesites put a May release the Vanguard devs said no they are wrong and that will not be the releasde date.  When the gaming sites changed their release date to July again the devs said these people are dead wrong.

In regards to the magazine.  As soon as the magazine was announced the devs said in many many posts that most likley these people will not get into game for a long long time meaning somethime this winter and they said most likley they won't be in until open beta.  All the magazine does is gurantee you a spot at some piont in beta.  Nothing else.  Many fans have posted FAQs in regards to the magazine.  No one ever promised you anything in regards to the magazine.  It only takes a few seconds to educate yourself.  Long before the magazine was released there were a millon threads where you could have found the above information with no effort.

I don't mean to be harsh but there already are a millon 7/11 threads I don't see the need to make a new thread when it would only take you a few seconds to educate yourself.  I suspect many of these threads are bring made by soe haters in attempt to cause confusion and flame the game.

• SinisterCBSinisterCB Member Posts: 302

Originally posted by Zippy

Where the hell is our beta keys if release is so near? Flame all you want. We were conned into buying subscriptions and mags with a promise to beta and the game releases in 2 weeks?No Sigil employee has ever promised a July release.  In fact the devs have never promised any release date.  All along all they have said is that they hope the game will be released sometime in 2006.  Recently they have changed that and said they hope to release this Winter which they have said could mean either December or the 1st quater of 2007.  Gaming sites always put release dates early for the purpose of generating pre-sales from people that don't take the time to learn about the game.  When the gamesites put a May release the Vanguard devs said no they are wrong and that will not be the releasde date.  When the gaming sites changed their release date to July again the devs said these people are dead wrong.
    In regards to the magazine.  As soon as the magazine was announced the devs said in many many posts that most likley these people will not get into game for a long long time meaning somethime this winter and they said most likley they won't be in until open beta.  All the magazine does is gurantee you a spot at some piont in beta.  Nothing else.  Many fans have posted FAQs in regards to the magazine.  No one ever promised you anything in regards to the magazine.  It only takes a few seconds to educate yourself.  Long before the magazine was released there were a millon threads where you could have found the above information with no effort.
    I don't mean to be harsh but there already are a millon 7/11 threads I don't see the need to make a new thread when it would only take you a few seconds to educate yourself.  I suspect many of these threads are bring made by soe haters in attempt to cause confusion and flame the game.

/sigh

Never amazes me.

If you actually have a copy of the magazine issue in question, simply read it. Might I suggest , sloooowly. I have one right in front of me. To hype and make suggestions such as the magazine and SIGIL did (they are in it together) is wrong. Put a date on it so people won't be mislead.

As for being an SOE hater, my opinion of SOE has not a damn thing to do with the fact that millions of people who bought the mag or sub were mislead. You, or anyone for that fact, defending CG or SIGIL regarding this makes me wonder.

• SinisterCBSinisterCB Member Posts: 302

Official word from John Larberg-GM Verityn Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    .......THERE IS NO JULY RELEASE!!!

• ColaCola Member Posts: 402

Ahhhhh, whats that smell.. . . .. . . . . .

smells like. . . . .. .. .. .

. .  . . . ..... . . .

S

O

E

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by Zippy

No Sigil employee has ever promised a July release.  In fact the devs have never promised any release date.  All along all they have said is that they hope the game will be released sometime in 2006.  Recently they have changed that and said they hope to release this Winter which they have said could mean either December or the 1st quater of 2007.  Gaming sites always put release dates early for the purpose of generating pre-sales from people that don't take the time to learn about the game.  When the gamesites put a May release the Vanguard devs said no they are wrong and that will not be the releasde date.  When the gaming sites changed their release date to July again the devs said these people are dead wrong.

/sigh

Never amazes me.

If you actually have a copy of the magazine issue in question, simply read it. Might I suggest , sloooowly. I have one right in front of me. To hype and make suggestions such as the magazine and SIGIL did (they are in it together) is wrong. Put a date on it so people won't be mislead.

As for being an SOE hater, my opinion of SOE has not a damn thing to do with the fact that millions of people who bought the mag or sub were mislead. You, or anyone for that fact, defending CG or SIGIL regarding this makes me wonder.

I am not sure what your babbling about. 

If you bothered to look at the any of the Vanguard forums prior to purchasing the magazine you would have seen 5 millon threads with Brad McQuaid telling people over and over that purchasing the magazine does not get you into beta anytime soon, that there is no promise other than you will get in before the end of beta and most likley you will not get in until the very end of beta.  Brad and the devs went out of their way to answer questions and let people know what to expect.  Sigil has no control over how the magazine spins it.  But at least they went of their way to let the fans of the game know what to expect before the magazine was released. 

What exactly would you have lied Sigil to do here.  They told everyone what to expect before the magazine came out.  Brad even started a thread linking a copy of the magazine cover and correcting what was said there.  A developer has little control over what a magazine prints and is darn lucky to get their game on the cover.  What exactly do you want them to do.  Common sense will tell you that magazines will spin their headlines and do whatever they can to sell their magazine.  Most game developers would not have gone to thefforts Sigil did to inform their fans beforehand what exactly to expect before purchasing the magazine.

No one can help you if you buy things on blind site without educating yourself.  You will constantly be dissapointed when you buy things without any idea of what your getting yourself into.  But I guess someone who posts a thread on message board when there are a number of the same exact threads just below it is either simply not able to read or simply cannot be bothered to read. 

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

Congratulations on making yourself look like an idiot on a public forum. Tell you what, if the game releases in July I will personally reimburse the cost of your subscription.

image image

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

The July 11 release date that people are coming up with might be from EBgames website. They have it listed there for July shipping. It has nothing to do with SOE. If it was SOE it would have been released by now

I never saw anything from Sigil saying that it would release in July.

Also that Beta key was a bit messed up the way they did that. (IMHO) I realize that it is in the little print but they should have advertised it as a chance to get in (in larger print) If I remember right the mag says download the client and log in. I think there was a misunderstanding between the mag and Sigil.

• VengefulVengeful Member Posts: 473