Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CGM-post here if you were scammed

2»

Comments

• Parsifal57Parsifal57 Member Posts: 267

Originally posted by NerdyChick
    I dont think the hypse was misleading.  I dont have a copy of the the magazine or the ad, but I don't believe it said that the CGM code would get you into Beta immediatley.

So you don't beleive something and yet have no proof of it one way or another, way to go to shoot yourself in the foot
  • Parsifal57Parsifal57 Member Posts: 267

Originally posted by Zippy

Originally posted by Binny45

Hehehee, welcome to the world of Sigil/SOE.
    EQ1, depsite being a great game, hyped many things, only to deliver much later than announced or not at all (Class balance anyone?). 
    On a serious note, yes, if you read the fine print, you'd be considered for the beta at a later date.  However, through clever marketing, you, me and about 99% of people that saw the big blazing letters "GET INTO BETA! BUY THIS MAG!" (I'm not quoting here folks, but you get the idea!), yes I can see where you would feel decieved.
    I didn't buy the magazine because I'm a loyal subscriber to PC Gamer, and to be honest, an invite to Beta for buying a magazine seemed too good to be true.  And you know, if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

If you read the dev quotes or had the checked the official forum at all you would have seen there were no promises that you would get into beta anytime soon.  In fact Brad McQuaid responded right away and said these people most likely would not be in beta for quite sometime most likely not until the last stage of beta.  Its not a scam they were totally up front from the day the magazine announced the get into beta advertisement.  Because of the numeropus threads about CGM many people made CGM FAQ's for prospective purchasers which were listed in a thread here on mmorpg.comand in numerous threads on the official forums long before the magazine came out.

Beta has not delayed nor was there anything ever promised to anyone who puirchased the magazine other than at some point you will get into beta if you register the code.  But again they were totally up front and said that beta invite will most likley be a long ways away.

So you are saying that the people who feel misled would have had to read the Vanguard forum 'after' buying CGM to find out what was implied by the CGM marketers was not in fact true ? The forum response made by brad was after several days of complaints/questions about this very issue.

Having a timeline to events may help before you post misleading statements, whilst it looks like all the information was there at the time of CGM issue, most of it has been added later as an attempt at damage control. People who feel they were misled by CGM should at the very least be able to get a refund of the cover price.
  • pingofdeathpingofdeath Member Posts: 83
    welcome to reality.  things don't always go as planned. 

Insert generic anime quote/My Chemical Romance lyrics here.

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

haha this game isnt even out yet and look at the controversy.

Fanbois protect the fine print, ppl feeling scammed,  others smashing their head off the keyboard in disdain.....i'm just not sure which category I'm in. 

For me the candle of hope is out for this game so I'm kinda sitting back and wathcing with amusement.