Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting/Screenshot problems

nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Hi all.

I mostly access this site from 2 computers, my one at work (an old POS), and my one from home (more current, not a POS).

While at work, I can see all the screenshots in the games section, and I can post in the forums NO PROBLEM.

When I get home, however, many of the screenies do not ever load, it is as if they are not there.  When I want to read the forums, I have no problem.  But when I try to POST, the text entry box never appears.  The page finishes loading, but it isn't there.

My comp at home has:

windows xp pro, ati radeon 9600, 1 gig ram, 2.26 ghz pentium 4, directx 9.0b

If there are any known issues with this stuff, or you know (or have any ideas) as to what could be causing these problems, I would greatly appreciate a reply!

Thanks ahead of time!

Flon Gerg

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

It sounds like an issue with the WYSIWYG editor (the enhanced version).  This control uses ActiveX and extensive DHML.  For this reason it only works in IE 5+.

Also, you need to make sure that all of your security settings allow ActiveX controls to run.  If you are running a firewall program (ZoneAlarm or Norton Firewall) these can block ActiveX controls as well.

If you don't want to change your settings, you can always just go into the "Your Account Settings" area and change your defauly editor to the BBML editor.

Let me know if you still need assistance!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

thanks for the reply admin.

i am running norton internet security, but i checked the settings, and it is set to allow all activex activity.  i have 5+ in ie.

i tried using the bbml option, but nothing happened.  it all looked the same.  last night i was able to get an error message, but the text is black like the backround, so i had to highlight it to read it.  of course i forgot to send it to myself here at work, so i'll have to post it tomorrow (duh me).

again, any ideas are appreciated:)

thanks again!

Flon Gerg

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

Yes, please post it...that will likely tell me what is going on.

Thanks!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

the error message reads as follows (in black on black):

The file editjs.cfm did not load properly. Make sure the the inc attribute is specified correctly
    Current Value: inc=/activedit/inc/

if that means i gotta do something specific to fix it, just lemme know what it is.

Also, admin, this is really appreaciated!  We all got better things to do then help motards with their computer problems:)  a thousand thanks for your help!

Flon Gerg

Ok, that is a security issue.  It is not allowing the DHTML editor to pass in its registration info.

Just try disabling your firewall and see what happens.  Also, there is no way you are getting that message with the standard editor.  Go into your profile, update the editor to BBML and make sure to save your changes...

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

WILL DO!

thanks a million admin. if all goes well, tonight i'll drop a post in the thread letting you know it worked!

you guys ar enot only helpful, but patient as well, so thank you:)

Flon Gerg

I AM AT HOME AND POSTING TO THE BOARDS.

THANKS ADMIN YOU GUYS RULE!

Flon Gerg

Sweet image

Glad we could get you online :)  You should be able to adjust some settings in your firewall and allow that stuff through...but disabling it temporarily is always a good test to see if it is the culprit.

What about the screen shots?  Those still not work?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

with the screenshots, some are there, and when i hover my mouse over them, i get the pointy hand link, others are just black boxes with no link or picture.

1, i have yet to check and see if i am not getting screens at home that i am getting at work

2, i have not resolved my firewall issues yet, still working on that, just using the bbml atm.

i'll keep you posted if i have problems, but now that i can post to the forums, i'm a happy man hehe

Flon Gerg