Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long did you play horizons?

also what race were you?  what server did you play on?  what was your character(s) name if you remember?

I played dawn server, now order after the merge.  My character was a level 100 warrior sslik known as Pero Salmon.  I played from late december '03 and stopped playing in october '04.

Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online

Comments

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599

Good Lord I can't remember server name or even my charatcers names now .  I played for about 6 months when it was first released.  Had a Fiend archer type that I added druid to and then some spirit magic later on.  Was fun at the time but got tired of the same old same old.  I didn't like crafting and it seemed the game catered more to the crafting crowd.

• sartoriussartorius Member Posts: 199

Can't recall the server name, nor the name of the race but I was a feline Monk, played from release to about 5-6 months...when I realized they weren't going to fix the Monk class after neutering it and were keeping the Reaver class as the Gods of the game I threw in the towel.

Oh, and the character's name was Ale 

"Death is a dignitary who when he comes announced is to be received
    with formal manifestations of respect, even by those most familiar with him."
    - Ambrose Gwinnett Bierce

• AllotropeAllotrope Member Posts: 25

I have no idea what server, but I was playing at launch. I was a hardcore spellcrafter and managed to be the highest level spellcrafter on the server until one day I just found it too much trouble to log on.  The grind was just utterly mind numbing (20th level mage dodging  70+ level mobs to mine stone - it took forever to get a load of stone, and  longer to get the wisp essence)

I do recall that several guilds helped me out with  enchanted gear and tools so I could craft  higher tier spells than would otherwise be possible (Whatever Tier (4?, 5?)should not have been available till  level 80, I was doing in the mid 70's) . One guild had the unfortunate acronym of  SOL if that rings any bells. That guild started a major drama war when they pulled a secret all-nighter and buit a bridge opening up a new city site.

• EaglecrysEaglecrys Member Posts: 4
    I am still playing horizons as a dragon. I started out on the twilight server until the merge of course. I have always played a dragon and even now have not played a ped. I enjoy the community there and the game play was great I am just running out of things to do. I will go back to it again though.

Dont trash it till you tried it. Even then if you hate try to make something better yourself.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077
    1 Month in Beta... Made the mistake of believing the devs when they said that many features would be added for release because they didn't want us to "see everything" during beta.

3 months of release because I foolishly believed the devs that "new things are coming soon".

Then 2 separate free trials, I have another key sitting on my PC waiting for a few months to use it.

So far HZ is still just an 'ok' game in my opinion.  It's not a BAD game... but it's not worth $15 a month either.... I might go back to playing it for $9.95 a month... but only if I wasn't already enjoying AO, PS and GW along with beta testing Inner Sphere Wars (MMO BattleTech).

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• Jd1680aJd1680a Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by Elnator

So far HZ is still just an 'ok' game in my opinion.  It's not a BAD game... but it's not worth $15 a month either.... I might go back to playing it for $9.95 a month... but only if I wasn't already enjoying AO, PS and GW along with beta testing Inner Sphere Wars (MMO BattleTech).

Horizons isnt $15 a month.  its $12.95/ month and you could get it for $9.95 if you pay for a year subscription.

Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

I played approximately 12 hours.     

I managed to convince the store I bought it from that it wouldn't work on my pc and while they wouldn't give me a cash refund I was able to exchange it for store credit.

• FinduilasFinduilas Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by Jd1680a

also what race were you?  what server did you play on?  what was your character(s) name if you remember?
    I played dawn server, now order, as a sslik known as Pero Salmon for eight months.

I played on Wind, which became Unity.

My char was an elven Ranger, mid 70s, when I quit, by the name of Finduilas. I played from early Jan '04 to Dec '04.

• rubulator2krubulator2k Member UncommonPosts: 43
    played 2 months... found the game boring... /shrug
  • PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

I played dawn server, now order, as a sslik known as Pero Salmon for eight months.

I actually tried it last week but couldnt go any farther with it. I played on the Chaos server as a satyr.

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• OpheleaOphelea Member Posts: 85

I actually tried it last week but couldnt go any farther with it. I played on the Chaos server as a satyr.

What stopped you after a week?
  • PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

Originally posted by Ophelea

What stopped you after a week?

Not really sure just didn't click with me, I did like the tutorial and when I made my way into town,I started to lose interest. Met some nice people though

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• nightmare237nightmare237 Member Posts: 14
    i tried this for about 1 day
    it was boring and the graphics were not good

• KlausWKlausW Member Posts: 165

Originally posted by nightmare237
    i tried this for about 1 dayit was boring and the graphics were not good

You're entitled to your opinion, but, dang, you could say DisneyWorld is boring and ugly if all you look at is the parking lot.

Guildleader, Mithril Council, Chaos

Originally posted by KlausW

Originally posted by nightmare237
    i tried this for about 1 dayit was boring and the graphics were not good

You're entitled to your opinion, but, dang, you could say DisneyWorld is boring and ugly if all you look at is the parking lot.

But but but...

I like parking lots! I collect pictures of them!
  • NaniboujouNaniboujou Member Posts: 14

I played for a few months at the beginning of this year.  I was a satyr on the Chaos server.  I was loving the crafting system a lot, and the varied landscapes and mobs were great.  I stopped playing because, for me, there stopped being a point to any of it...nobody needed crafted items, there was little or no conflict anywhere in the game world and thus little or nothing for people to "rally around", and all the events were aimed at higher level players.  I really really wish they'd introduce some conflict and at least make crafted items degrade with time or use. 

A few minor changes would make this a top game.  As it is I'd rather play this than the vast majority of the MMOs out there.  Nice and fun.

Originally posted by Naniboujou

I played for a few months at the beginning of this year.  I was a satyr on the Chaos server.  I was loving the crafting system a lot, and the varied landscapes and mobs were great.  I stopped playing because, for me, there stopped being a point to any of it...nobody needed crafted items, there was little or no conflict anywhere in the game world and thus little or nothing for people to "rally around", and all the events were aimed at higher level players.  I really really wish they'd introduce some conflict and at least make crafted items degrade with time or use. 
    A few minor changes would make this a top game.  As it is I'd rather play this than the vast majority of the MMOs out there.  Nice and fun.

Keep watching. Some of the changes you'd like to see are coming. Not "soon" but coming.
  • PietoroPietoro Member Posts: 162

Originally posted by Naniboujou

I played for a few months at the beginning of this year.  I was a satyr on the Chaos server.  I was loving the crafting system a lot, and the varied landscapes and mobs were great.  I stopped playing because, for me, there stopped being a point to any of it...nobody needed crafted items, there was little or no conflict anywhere in the game world and thus little or nothing for people to "rally around", and all the events were aimed at higher level players.

Same reasons I left after three months. And given how long it takes for changes to happen, I'd rather find another game, than wait months/years for what HZ promises to add 'someday'.
  • EldryrEldryr Member Posts: 5

I play horizons since exactly 2 years. I made 2 breaks, one of it a little longer. ;) I came back and I have a lot of fun again.

I started playing on Earth-Server with a Dragon as my Main (my reason to buy and play horizons  ) . Today it isn't a question on which server Europeans play, we play on Unity and I can say for myself not only a Dragon a brave dwarfen crafter as well.

So let us see what the future brings. Horizons is still a game with future ! Give us the announced Addon

• dand3dand3 Member Posts: 241

Six months of Beta, then Expanse until merge, and Order latterly.  Inactive, still subbing.  Saris (feline) ranger, with shaman and spiritist, 80 healer, armorer, and 98 fitter.  Always Kulamata.

I liked the way the multi-classing worked out with the ranger; made him a very complete and well-rounded ranger. 

Many players mix up crafting, construction and adventuring, although some do one of those almost exclusively. 

Some classes are fairly limited (specialized) although multiclassing can add variety; ranger is a generalist class, that can do a lot of things fairly well, but none excellently.

• FraginnFraginn Member Posts: 2

I played dawn server, now order after the merge.  My character was a level 100 warrior sslik known as Pero Salmon.  I played from late december '03 and stopped playing in october '04.

i was a dragon, no idea what server, NO idea what my characters name was...

but, no im SERIOUS, i probably played for about 20 minutes EVER before quitting. my cancellation was successful.

• ShatterShatter Member Posts: 172

Beta tested it for a few months then played for 1 month and realized that the game should still be in beta and not have been released yet. So i quit.

• snickelsnickel Member Posts: 41
    Played a gnome mage and multicrafter on the European shard, that was called Ice at that time and later merged into Unity -- I think for somewhat more than a year. Left Unity and started from scratch on the american server Order again with a gnome mage, have been busy with him for about 6 months now I guess. Still having fun (else I wouldn't do it).

• fawdownfawdown Member UncommonPosts: 186
    I played about a month in beta.  I really couldn't get past the necessity to have to craft my nukes before using them.  It seems to be a huge time sink before actually getting to the good parts of the game.  

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008
    Originally posted by Elnator

1 Month in Beta... Made the mistake of believing the devs when they said that many features would be added for release because they didn't want us to "see everything" during beta.

3 months of release because I foolishly believed the devs that "new things are coming soon".

Then 2 separate free trials, I have another key sitting on my PC waiting for a few months to use it.

Are you enjoying Inner Sphere wars?  (are you allowed to say?)