Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official books of the period between SW3 and SW4?

TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161
Hey everyone,

I just watched Revenge of the Sith and really felt like knowing more about what happened to Leia Organa after she was left in care of Bail and his wife on Alderaan. Is there any offical books that cover this period, what she was like as Leia Organa - her upbringing, offical duties and her political career?

Thanks!

Comments

• phosphorosphosphoros Member Posts: 512

Nope, I haven't seen any books dealing with Luke or Leia's life as they were rugrats.
    The books during that time mostly focus on aduly characters, Vader, Obi-wan/Yoda, etc...

• freebirdpatfreebirdpat Member Posts: 568

There is a bunch of Star Wars Expanded Universe books that might cover that area a bit, but probably not by much. All of the ones I have read happened after ROTJ though. There is a timeline for the books around somewhere that might point to books inbetween those times.

• TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Hmm yeah ok. I'll check the official webpage to see if i'll get lucky. Thanks!

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508
    The only one that happens between Ep III and IV that I know of is Rise of Darth Vader. But its about Vader. There is a little bit about Obi Wan at the end though.

Kai

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
     Books are one thing but what is Geoarge Lucas vision for the period between 3 and 4?   Only the Live action series now in preproduction will provide the answer. l

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

You should be able to find an updated time line in the first few pages of the recently released Star Wars: Legacy of the Force' by Aaron Allston.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• jrgambitjrgambit Member Posts: 157
    I know there are 3 books dealing with Han Solo's life that are out.  (and they are really good)

But I dont know of any that deal with Leia, sorry.

--------------------
    SWG - Killed by $OE
    WOW - Retired
    Playing WAR

• OspekOspek Member Posts: 11

The Han Solo books are excellent.  A.C. Crispin is the author.  Those were the books I was reading back in March, 2003 to get myself excited about SWG.  And not a Jedi to be seen....

Leia appears in one of them as a little girl bouncing on daddy's knee during a holocall, if I recall correctly (and I found that scene horribly contrived), but that's about it.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by Ospek

The Han Solo books are excellent.  A.C. Crispin is the author.  Those were the books I was reading back in March, 2003 to get myself excited about SWG.  And not a Jedi to be seen....

Leia appears in one of them as a little girl bouncing on daddy's knee during a holocall, if I recall correctly (and I found that scene horribly contrived), but that's about it.

Oh yeah.. those Solo books rocked.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• azhrarnazhrarn Member Posts: 817

Originally posted by Shayde

Originally posted by Ospek

Oh yeah.. those Solo books rocked.

Yeah, they were pretty hot... when Crispin wasn't having simple continuity errors like forgetting the names of ships between books and neglecting to properly reference character work from the official novels written by other authors.  She's good at evoking sentiment and sucking you into a story, but she's a lil iffy on keeping stuff straight.