Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE email letter

DistilerDistiler Member Posts: 416

Comments

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    And so SWG limps into it's 3rd year with a whimper.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Some privateer ship :p

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670
    Yeah!  Who wants to bet me there'll be a lot of people resubbing just for this?! 

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Beam me up Scotty!

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

"No more need to drive to the nearest Shuttle Port"

ROFLMAO!!!

Yeah, because that was SO hard. I mean, I was just SO upset about it.

I love how this game keeps getting further & further away from complexity, and closer & closer to instant-gratification. I mean, come on... how hard is it to drive to a SP... these vehicals shouldn't even be IN the game...period. Real Iconic...

Oh, and doesn't it seem like they are trying to "trick" those who have quit that target lock is back? The way it's worded is a bit vague on the system...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• CymekCymek Member Posts: 340

Originally posted by Obraik

LOL...they really busted the artists out on that one didn't they..... ::::18::

• DistilerDistiler Member Posts: 416

Originally posted by MX13

Oh, and doesn't it seem like they are trying to "trick" those who have quit that target lock is back? The way it's worded is a bit vague on the system...

Yes, that is real **edit**. Tricking customers into resubing making them think it's pre-nge targeting system.
  • IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Wasn't the ability to call a shuttle supposed to be a faction perk at one point?

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

Oh, and anyone else notice that all of the Iconic characters at the top are in their Ep4 attire, accept our Iconic Officer/Spy, who's dressed in her EP6 Jabba's Tart outfit? I wonder why that is?

Originally posted by IcoGames

Wasn't the ability to call a shuttle supposed to be a faction perk at one point?

It was, and it was cool as heck for an Imperial (it was a Lambda Shuttle), but it didn't do anything, it just landed.

Oh, and anyone else notice that all of the Iconic characters at the top are in their Ep4 attire, accept our Iconic Officer/Spy, who's dressed in her EP6 Jabba's Tart outfit? I wonder why that is?

Officers are whores?

Anyway, I'm glad I have a spiffy TIE fighter for my instant travel vehicle not some beat up public transport bus :p

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    Why didn't they just call it a Hearthstone and get it over with?

Yeah.. getting to a shuttleport/starport was just freaking impossible, wasn't it?

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Originally posted by Shayde

That's not very Star Warsy Iconic.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• UbermanUberman Member Posts: 340

It was, and it was cool as heck for an Imperial (it was a Lambda Shuttle), but it didn't do anything, it just landed.

Oooo... now that's good game design.   What a bunch of idiots. 

Why do the designers of this game not understand that meeting people at a shuttleport was part of the community of the game?  Taking a few minutes to talk to a stranger while waiting to leave, that will now be gone (probably was already, I suppose, because there just aren't enough people in-game to meet a stranger at a shuttleport).  So, taking off from anyplace you are on a planet instead of going to a shuttleport...another excellent attempt at destroying what little community that is left.

Or perhaps...is it the effect of a cause?  Are there now only shuttleports at NPC cities?  Are there no more player cities with active shuttleports?  Hmm...

• UbermanUberman Member Posts: 340

Originally posted by Shayde

Bingo!

Give that man a cigar. 

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

Originally posted by Cymek

Originally posted by Obraik

LOL...they really busted the artists out on that one didn't they..... ::::18::

/rofl

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

• oreyioreyi Member Posts: 121
    So long trying to have a large population to maintain our shuttleport, and now it's useless :p

Maybe they want to purgue the servers without people complaining about large cities being downgraded :)

• xPaladinxPaladin Member UncommonPosts: 741
    i wonder if the privateer ship is usable on Kashyyyk.

$5 says it isn't.

-- xpaladin

[MMOz]
    AC1/2, AO, DAoC, EQ1/2, SoR, SWG, UO, WAR, WoW

Originally posted by Uberman

Oooo... now that's good game design.   What a bunch of idiots. 

Now, that's the sad thing. You had to buy a device from a Faction Recruiter (Colonels only) that was ONE USE ONLY, and very expensive. On TC, when you called this shuttle in, it not only landed, but a squad of ST's appeared (about 20) and you could give their leader commands (the basic / commands). For those that know Pre-CU, a squad of ST's could beat down the best players. They never got the commands to work right (you'ld tell them to attack, and they would all start running around in circles) so they only added in the feature that a shuttle would land, and when people started complaining they removed the device. Another cool idea thrown away.

• WufaWufa Member Posts: 132
    Yeah this is not what I wanted. I mean does anyone remember standing at a starport with 10-15 other people waiting for a transport, and the interactions there? I used to have fun just hanging out in the starport talking to people. Someone was always sellign something or running around naked, or doing something do entertain the rest of us while we waited for the transport. Now sure when youwere in a hurry it sucked, but for the most part it wasn't that bad.

So again the caretakers of this game crap on the community aspect, and just focus on the "fast paced" action.

I honestly wonder if these guys ever played the game, and if they did I am pretty positive they never ineteracted with anyone or made any friends what so ever.

• OspekOspek Member Posts: 11
    But does it come with the half naked female mannequin torso in the back?

Originally posted by xPaladin
    i wonder if the privateer ship is usable on Kashyyyk.

$5 says it isn't.

The current ones you get with the starter kit don't, so you would be right :p

• njmbergernjmberger Member Posts: 19
    Hmm, I wonder about something.

Why didn't Luke just get his instant travel vehicle when he got lost at Hoth? This would save him a trip down to Wampas cave. Or Ben and Luke on Tatooine, instead of having to take that long ride to Mos Eisley. I simply don't get it. I mean, it is Starwarzy isn't it, so it had to be available in the movies didn't it? If so, why don't we ever see it.

Boy am I glad they ever got the idea to make this game more starwarzy. Without it we would have been lost. I just love the starwarzy stuff in this game now, like everyone being equal, like the fact that you travel instantly, like the fact you can kill a rebel (npc) as an imperial without getting attacked by rebel pc's. I just love what they turned this game into. And I didn't even play pre-cu (but I am glad I never tried it).

(Just to make sure everyone understands me correctly. I am extremely sarcastic when writing the above. Extremely!! And I would love to try swg pre-cu, possibly after the promised balancing of combat (don't remember its name), that turned to the dark side and ended as CU)

One more thing. Wasn't the instant travel vehicle a gift for those that purchased the starter kits? If so, if anybody bought the starter kits just to get the instant travel vehicle, and they still got it, wouldn't they feel ripped off (I know I would). But then again, soe is the company that brought us the starwarzy nge, so I suppose their business ethics isn't exactly rolemodel for good behaviour.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Dang , I don't get spam e-mai from SOE anymore .

And if I did , I would be laughing my ass off - This is no 3rd year anniversary of SWG which ended twice already with the CU and  the NGE unless this is SOE's way of annoucing a rollback - which I doubt highly.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

Haha, yes, you can add sexism to the long list of SOE's crimes against humanity. Rofl.