Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goddamnit.....

I resubbed.... sorry.

Couldn't help but chase that dragon.... I know.... I'm not helping our plight.... but I HAD to see if my house was still there lol. It's been buggin me.

P.S..... cancelled sub to make myself feel better... still waiting for patching... regretting the 15 bucks I just threw down the toilet...

P.P.S..... Anyone else do this crap yet? or am I the only dumbass who has?

Comments

• ColaCola Member Posts: 402

Your prolly not the only dumbass

• kymekyme Member Posts: 411

Originally posted by lordstarwolf

I resubbed.... sorry.
    Couldn't help but chase that dragon.... I know.... I'm not helping our plight.... but I HAD to see if my house was still there lol. It's been buggin me.
    P.S..... cancelled sub to make myself feel better... still waiting for patching... regretting the 15 bucks I just threw down the toilet...

This foolish thing has to stop. I wish I could slap you . Stop feeding the BEAST!
  • OuchmuchOuchmuch Member Posts: 340
     If the only reason you resubbed was to see if your house is still there then it is very much a sure thing you threw that money away because there are houses still up from people that I knew left 2 or more years ago, I don't know that a single house has been removed from the game since launch.. unless the player took it down themselves.

Every time someone like you resubs, SOE looks at it like a success and makes them think they are doin the right thing.

If you really love playn the NGE then you should resub.

If you did it just to check to see if your house is up??????

W  T  F  ?

• lordstarwolflordstarwolf Member Posts: 53

Ok, not just for the house.... I really have no intention of playing the game on a permanent basis untill we get classic servers...(pre pub 9 classic, not just pre nge). 

I did it because of the article I just read... because I fecking MISS SWG.  I'll relearn to hate it all over again, but I still wanted to gaze upon my junk (now useless) and see who still plays (our guild webbie hasn't had a new post since january). 

sorry... couldn't help it.

• GorairGorair Member Posts: 959

IT not that bad ...

hell while you're there give it a try maybe your love of star wars can overcome SOE's hatred for you and you might have a bit o fun ?

at least log on and spam some kinda macro in theed or something .. use ALL of that 15$ of power you have purchased.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• SinisterCBSinisterCB Member Posts: 302

I resubbed.... sorry.

LMAO!!!! No. I'm sure alot of people have. Just for the same reason. I thought about it but thought again. If I ever did go back, I'd want to start all over. I had 26mil on me when I cancelled but I'm sure that is all gone by now.

"I'm not a racist...I only hate stupid people..."-SinisterCB

You're right... screw it lol. Anyone need a message sent ingame? anything you'd like for me to look at? lemme know. I pissed away 15 bucks... but I guess it could benefit someone. loggin in now to check it out

• GorairGorair Member Posts: 959

You're right... screw it lol. Anyone need a message sent ingame? anything you'd like for me to look at? lemme know. I pissed away 15 bucks... but I guess it could benefit someone. loggin in now to check it out

youy know you can set up a pay -pal account and charge a dollar donation to make posts on the real swg forums for us banned people ...

maybe make your 15$ back.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Rofl!!

My chars were deleted... guess that shows me lol. really did waste 15 bucks.

Rofl!!

I dont mean to laugh but um .  . . .  . . . . .

LOL

• cumbomcumbom Member CommonPosts: 544

I resubbed.... sorry.

I did, yesterday.

SWG RIP
    moctodumegws
    Can't WAIT!

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Rofl!!

And that's why I'd never delete my characters when I leave a game :p

Edit:  Ooh I've hit 2006 posts :D

• feldrinfeldrin Member UncommonPosts: 210

I resubbed.... sorry.

Thank you! I have been fighting the urge to resub for the last few days and your posting has helped me through a very dark time. My credit card is safe.

I don't claim to be right, I'm just posting.

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956
    I went the route of the 10 day trial.

Did it on a new account and boy was i ever dissapointed.

Man, SWG had such great potential even from day 1.Yeah it was buggy as hell but you could see the potential 1 or 2 years down the road.

But what i experienced was such a letdown.The whole iconic profession thing was just stupid.It felt like i was playing KOTOR or something?

Very odd.

I really cant beleive they dunbed down that game as much as they did.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363
    everytime you resub, Smedley slaughters a puppy.
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

So far I havent fell into the abyss quite yet. The only way I will come back if SOE actually paid me for the months I have been gone in this game. That would be around when CU was implemented to the system.

• poizenviperpoizenviper Member Posts: 67
    I know how you feel. Ive been thinking of re subbing just to check if my stuff is still there. and to just look at my ns 3 mod arm band. and my full suits of doc, chef, and armor suits, sniff, honk....  But so far ive been holding off!.... damn its hard to totally give it up.  errr, soe you blow.
  • BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002
    It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't see one of these posts go up every day. And hell, these are just the people admitting it.

Am I the only who quit the NGE once?

• VastarVastar Member Posts: 176

Originally posted by Bissrok
    It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't see one of these posts go up every day. And hell, these are just the people admitting it.

I took my buildings down before I left. I didn't want to screw a current player by having my stuff in their way. As a nice side effect, I have nothing to check beyond my character which really died a long time ago of... unatural causes.

I never enjoyed SWG combat and crafting is shot so what would I do? Run around shop- er... stand at the bazaar shopping? Being a billionaire isn't any fun if there's nothing to buy.
  • ZaushZaush Member Posts: 371
    My HD crashed, and when my data was copied over to the new one, I had to reinstall my applications and games. I chose not to reinstall SWG. I am glad I did not becuase I have been tempted a couple of times. 

• kymekyme Member Posts: 411

I quit CU once!

If anyone wants to try this trash try the 10-day trial. You are just prolonging $WG's survival.

• kairaenekairaene Member Posts: 256
    I resub every 3 months or so to check things out and check on our guild/city.   I dont think your the only one.  I spend a month adding my thoughts to the forums then I cancel.  /shrug  

• capnjoshcapnjosh Member Posts: 14

I subbed back in January before I knew exactly what the NGE had done.  When I logged in to reactivate my account, I saw the marketing hype for the NGE and what I read made my gut go cold, but I held my breath and thought it couldn't be all that bad.  (Since I had quit shortly before the CU I had not kept up on SWG, so I was going into it cold... in fact, I didn't even know there was a "New Game Enhancement" even in the works until I reactivated my account).

Anyways, I did my darndest to give the new UI the benefit of the doubt, but I found it so frustrating (especially coming from City of Heores) that I simply could not continue playing the game.  It was akin to the feeling you get playing a game on an old 14 inch monitor.  *Note I do not enjoy console-based First Person Shooters for the same reason, so take it as you may, though maybe it provides some further insight into the decision to implement the NGE.

Whatever the case, I played some over the next three days, observing how Dantooine was empty, Coronet was desolate, and I felt I was cruising through a ghost town with all the empty houses.  Granted, SOE had suspended the maintenance requirement due to hurricane Katrina, but everything seemed empty still.  I heard everyone was on the new planets, but since I hadn't purchased the expansions I couldn't go there.  Oh well.

On an interesting note, after my crushing experience with this last login to SWG I proceded to hit the official SWG forums, and the most consistent complaint I saw was that there was not enough content- as in missions to do, theme parks to conquer.  It struck me then that SOE may have successfully transitioned their customer base to the WoW-type hack 'n slash, transient, short-term enjoyment FPS crowd.  Whereas before the base was long-term character development, role-playing, virtual/alternate world folks who were fascinated that you could almost "live" in this virtual world, the new base was the console and l337 FPSers interested more in "short-attention" gaming sessions (think 10 minute rounds in Quake III rather than multi-month character development).

• LilTLilT Member Posts: 631

i did!

(but i quit the cu twice  )

For the Horde!