Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of the worst MMORPG's on the market. Don't touch these!!

13»

Comments

• ShiinekoShiineko Member Posts: 161

Originally posted by Novaseeker

Originally posted by Jhughesy

Whatever happened to the virtual world concept?!

[sarcasm]

wut?

d00d, u r so lame!  don't u have liek a girlfrend or wut?  i mean i just wanna kill stuff, virtual world is for peeps who has no life.  get a life, d00d!

virtual world is so ghey ...

[/sarcasm]

That's why, to be honest.

If you people cannot understand that this was a joke, then I think you should probably take a knife and stab yourself in the eye.  Notice the little [sarcasm], in which he is saying it is not his own words? HUH? DID YOU SEE THAT? NO? STAB YOURSELF NOW.  Especially you, Joel.  I hate you and your stupid advertising of "There"

Why don't you go back to "There" and stop spamming about it on these forums.
  • -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    World of Warcraft hands down.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• RollinDutchRollinDutch Member Posts: 550

Originally posted by Glemoran

Originally posted by Tortimer
    I have to agree with almost everthing Gameloading said about EVE.  It is IMHO the worst MMORPG out right now.  I know there are a lot of people enjoying EVE but for the life of me I don't understand how.
    Really? I've never played EVE but I admired the game very much (the screenshots I saw were great!:) and I was about to try it...I think I will though, just in case...who knows? maybe it will fit my playing style.

Because of how open-ended and hostile it seems to be to new players, its a very easy game to get frustrated with and hate.
  • MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

Originally posted by Joel1120
    Um, exuse me? I'm about to go into serious rant mode! You don't talk about virtual worlds like that in front of me, seriously. Especially since I play one and am very passionate about it.

Or else what? Yeah, exactly...now shut your mouth.

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

This is all arguable. I'll try to point at some games that I think are the cream of the cr*p.

RYL: This game is not completely horrible, but it's more than a few generations behind the current MMORPG crop, both in America and Korea. You can find better quality among free Korean MMORPG's, which is honestly sad for a game that charges a fee. Basically, you had a foreign publisher pick up a game from Korea for next to nothing, then republish it in the west to make a few bucks. They were either ignorant or greedy, but the end result is the same.

The Matrix Online: I'd say the combat system here was both good and bad. I enjoyed interlock at first, but it had some flaws. What killed MxO was the fact that the game was severely lacking in almost every other area. You'll hear a lot of people talk about the community and RP holding it up. I played MxO when its community was at its peak. Let me show you an approximation of the quality of most MxO RP.

[Twenty people have gathered for no reason at a hardline. This is what you hear.]
    killRgURL: You zionist fools [Yes, some people use this term to describe the people from Zion. Just to make it clear, even those redpills working for other factions are still from Zion.]
    Artemis: You robot fools
    killRgURL: Whos a robot
    Jakos: Robots? I want a robot
    BobZePigman: I like ..... macaronikill .... kill................................... zion robots
    Artemis: Yes, kill Zion
    killRgURL: I thought u were from zion
    BobZePigman: I m so high
    Artemis: No I work for the Merrill Lynchian [You will never find anybody who can spell Merovingian in that game.]
    killRgURL: But everyone is from zion
    Artemis: I am from Chicago

You probably think I'm exaggerating, but nearly every time I saw people RP'ing, it was worse than this. Maybe you had a good scene behind closed doors, and that's fine. The fact is that the bulk of it was bullsh*t.

Face of Mankind: Anybody who currently plays Face of Mankind will tell you that everything but the RP sucks about this game. I'll agree with most of that statement. It's a terrible shooter in every technical sense. The graphics are horribly dated, and the way your character moves and fires his weapon is inferior to just about every shooter released since Wolfenstein 3D. Even if we assume that there is quality RP happening (think again if you really believe this), you are still paying for a RP chatroom inside a horrible shooter.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, let me add a few more things that will probably draw some argument. As a disclaimer, this is all opinion, so there's no need to refute anything I've said.

Star Wars Galaxies: Many people say the major changes implemented by SOE killed this game. Honestly, who is anybody kidding by saying that? The NGE might have driven off many old veterans, but many of the servers were ghost towns long before the major changes. I started playing back before CU, NGE, or any of the Jedi garbage saw the light of day, and I remember finding huge towns with absolutely nobody in them. In fact, I barely found any people online at all. Why had they left? I don't know for sure. If I had to guess, I'd say it was partly because the combat in SWG was a horrible, clumsy joke. The only MMORPG I've played with a worse combat engine is Face of Mankind. The story and quest lines were also lackluster. The biggest killer was probably the rampant bugs which existed throughout every single day of the game's life before any major change, coupled with the awful customer service and incredibly slow pace of code change. That leaves you with two strengths. The profession system seems to have been something many people liked. The bigger strength, in my opinion, was that SWG probably provided the most capability I've ever seen in an MMORPG for players to create an economy and world to play in. The fact that I saw whole self-sufficient towns built entirely by players, even if nobody was in them, knocked my socks off. Unfortunately, those things were not enough to save the game from its developers. SWG is not dead yet, but it was at one time thriving, and it could have been much, much more.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Dungeons and Dragons Online (D&DO)

Rising Force Online (RFO) - the only game possibly worse then D&DO.

Nothing else out there even comes close to the uninspired, unimaginitive, lack of any sort of creativity piece of sh** garbage these 2 games are. (of the games I've tried)

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

You've never played Face of Mankind, Torak?

Originally posted by Kurush

You've never played Face of Mankind, Torak?

nope, I sure haven't. I should amend my last post to say "of the games I've tried".

• GlemoranGlemoran Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by Shiineko

[sarcasm]

wut?

d00d, u r so lame!  don't u have liek a girlfrend or wut?  i mean i just wanna kill stuff, virtual world is for peeps who has no life.  get a life, d00d!

[/sarcasm]

If you people cannot understand that this was a joke, then I think you should probably take a knife and stab yourself in the eye.  Notice the little [sarcasm], in which he is saying it is not his own words? HUH? DID YOU SEE THAT? NO? STAB YOURSELF NOW.  Especially you, Joel.  I hate you and your stupid advertising of "There"

Why don't you go back to "There" and stop spamming about it on these forums.

Well, if this was an irony I must apologize: Excuse me! Probably my sense of humour is lost in space somewhere.
  • ColaCola Member Posts: 402

SWG  =  the WORST

• flea1flea1 Member Posts: 250
    hmm wow after your first 60

rf online lin 2 = grinders from hell

uo since ea destroyed it

irth online FLUSH

saga of ryzon lack of pvp and a grinder

shadowbane sb.exe

free asian games hehe amuseing for 1 day then remove

Orky Name Generator, only at www.bigchoppaz.com

• Xix13Xix13 Member Posts: 259

WoW - took MMORPG gameplay back in time. So much potential and offers such a limited style of gameplay.
    Auto Assault - fun for the first day and then feels like a single player game.

Auto Assault is a lot of fun, but you've got to find a nicely populated guild.

After what SOE did to SWG, I'll never touch that one again.  Except, of course, for a pre-CU EMU server. 

-- Xix
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Why, oh WHY, didn't I take the BLUE pill?'"

• hadzhadz Member Posts: 712

I'd play almost any game if I was paid to do so, however, there are a few that would be on...but only as minimized programs in the background (ie. I'd just leave 'em sitting there to log time and get paid ::::18::)

They would be:

EVE - actually, doesn't everyone just leave this game in the background while doing something else anyway, if I was getting paid to do it, then it'd be almost worth running it.

DDO - after finishing all the content in beta in about 3 weeks, I could now just run it in the background without ever having to do anything in game...easy money :)

WoW - though I like it (sort of) it really does feel too much like work after a certain point (ie. do the same stuff over and over again, whilst nodding and being polite to your workmates when you pass them on the way to your next task) so being paid for it would be appropriate.

EQ2 - again I liked it (sort of), but it felt like work much much earlier than WoW.

AO - never thought a game could be MORE boring than work, but this one is.

Lastly, EVERY free (generally asian-styled) game I've ever tryed. Runescape and a few others would obviously be included here.

On a different note, the free2play game, GW is the best online game of all time...if I could be paid to play that I'd NEVER "work" again.

• nmalthusnmalthus Member CommonPosts: 98
    Dark & Light tops my list as worst MMO on the market or possibly ever.
  • RollinDutchRollinDutch Member Posts: 550
    If the choice was between lighting myself on fire or playing runescape again, I'd grab the kerosene.

I also got very bored of CoH's one-dimensional gameplay very fast, and would probably never play that again. When the fun part of the game is over after you click "Create Character", youre in trouble.

Kurush

Star Wars Galaxies: Many people say the major changes implemented by SOE killed this game. Honestly, who is anybody kidding by saying that? The NGE might have driven off many old veterans, but many of the servers were ghost towns long before the major changes. I started playing back before CU, NGE, or any of the Jedi garbage saw the light of day, and I remember finding huge towns with absolutely nobody in them. In fact, I barely found any people online at all. Why had they left? I don't know for sure. If I had to guess, I'd say it was partly because the combat in SWG was a horrible, clumsy joke. The only MMORPG I've played with a worse combat engine is Face of Mankind. The story and quest lines were also lackluster. The biggest killer was probably the rampant bugs which existed throughout every single day of the game's life before any major change, coupled with the awful customer service and incredibly slow pace of code change. That leaves you with two strengths. The profession system seems to have been something many people liked. The bigger strength, in my opinion, was that SWG probably provided the most capability I've ever seen in an MMORPG for players to create an economy and world to play in. The fact that I saw whole self-sufficient towns built entirely by players, even if nobody was in them, knocked my socks off. Unfortunately, those things were not enough to save the game from its developers. SWG is not dead yet, but it was at one time thriving, and it could have been much, much more.

I agree with you 100% on the state of the game before the changes. Players here on this site talk about SWG pre-cu like it was the "holy grail" of gaming. SWG was bombing out long before CU and NGE. It was a Bol grinding hell.

SWG was a pure piece of poo in any form. I'm playing it right now (again) and I'm shutting it down....again. Its not the worse game out there but its close. Mainly because of the revamps. You see, they just revamped the combat again this week. Its more annoying then anything else. Every 6 months or so you gotta relearn and readapt to a "new and improved" game. You class / skills may or may not be there, your items may or may not work, some feature you use often may or may not exsist, you may or may not be able to group or solo (yes they have messed with the viability of both, up until now in NGE it was a solo game, now its back to group....in CU it was group focused)....... its insane. You really don't know what game you are going to be playing month by month. 

The skill system they HAD was far superior to this crap class thing they have now. Half the classes are not even fleshed out yet. There is no reason to play anything but a Jedi or Bounty Hunter as those 2 profressions are the only one to ever get worked on. Jedi.....something that do not even exsist in the timeline they set the game in.........lol, dont get me started.............

The game is a comedy of errors and bad calls.

• ivan50265ivan50265 Member Posts: 67
    I gotta say SWG. That was a game I played way too long, and I left pre-cu. The game was never any good. From the crappy combat to going to quest vendors to level as well as the starport spamming of merchants. I'll for sure never go back, and shouldn't have gone there in the first place.
  • gfboixxgfboixx Member Posts: 108

Well you can't label all asian made games as horrible. Some are good you know, like... uhm... that one game.... and uhh.... uhm.... that other game... ::::01::
    All asian games, especially korean games, attempts to put in some quests in the game, but fail miserably and always ends up becoming a grinding game. I guess one of the reasons are because thats all koreans do. Grind. Except for korean americans, because we just don't find that fun. We don't just play starcraft either. Amazing, I know.

On another note, I actually find Runescape interesting. Might not be worth the time for some people, but its still playable.

The games I would definitely stay away from however are Dark and Light, Sims Online, and Mourning. Its either unplayable or I start to sleep while I play them.

• 7Fold7Fold Member Posts: 318

I probably wouldnt play EQ again if they payed me, unless it was alot of cash, enough to overcome what I make now. Not because it was a bad game, but I just cant handle that time of grinding timesink again,.

Worst games- Lineage 2 and Final Fantasy Online. Lineage 2 because the grind is something that is laughable hard, And final fantasy for the same reason, plus the fact that it just dont feel like final fantasy,.

Oh Ya, and Ultima after the butt munches took over and changed it to Diablo 2.

Seriously I havent found a game I have really loved since 1998 Ultima online, thats the closest I have seen a game come to model a virtual world. I think im going to puke if the next game I decide to play I have to hear spammed " LEVEL 20 HEALER LOOKING FOR GROUP "!!!!!  like ever game since EQ was made.

• paadepaade Member Posts: 471

Originally posted by Glemoran

[sarcasm]

wut?

[/sarcasm]

Virtual world is interesting also as concept, but only for smart people...and since you just "wanna kill stuff" (boy, you never went to school? or school is "ghey" too?) I guess you have no idea what "smart" means

oh, the irony...
This discussion has been closed.