Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW sinking in the site ratings

Comments

• finalhourfinalhour Member Posts: 63
    well duh that's cuz wow sucks
  • devillioneldevillionel Member Posts: 2

Such a nice formulated, well-thought opinion.....Playing GW, ey? CS got to boring for you?

In any case, all this 'wow is dropping in numbers stuff'....Maybe. But 1.11 is around the corner; people will re-activate. Expension coming up. This game will keep going strong for a long, long time to come. And even if the numbers are dropping, WoW still has more players online at the same time on a regular sunday then EQ 1 and 2 together have in their entire player base, at the HIGHpoint of their respective memberships.

• MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

Bunch of new posters in this thread. People making sock puppet accounts just to add their 10 cents here?

• XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

Originally posted by Xenduli
    Not entirely sure where you get 4210 and 6181 from. There is no "accurate reflection" of the entire MMO market, but these site ratings are a pretty good gauge and I don't understand why they are so readily dismissed. Yes results may be tainted, but what survey doesn't have some tainted results. At least I tried to explain why ratings fell or why WoW can't keep players rather than bang on about subscriber numbers.

Here is a comparison, try using a webpoll from Sean Hannity's (a conservative talk-radio host in the US) site as a basis for saying "this is what the majority people think". MMORPG.com rankings are good for finding out what the majority of people who voted on MMORPG.com liked about a game.

• ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472

"Who will hit 70 first?. "

Mancow - currect record holder for fastest to 60 both in /played hours as well as real life hours. Unless he has a purpled out hunter someone might beat him to 70 though.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by devillionel

Such a nice formulated, well-thought opinion.....Playing GW, ey? CS got to boring for you?

In any case, all this 'wow is dropping in numbers stuff'....Maybe. But 1.11 is around the corner; people will re-activate. Expension coming up. This game will keep going strong for a long, long time to come. And even if the numbers are dropping, WoW still has more players online at the same time on a regular sunday then EQ 1 and 2 together have in their entire player base, at the HIGHpoint of their respective memberships.

lemming. 

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

Originally posted by C.L.O.U.D
    You all complain about this game and say its the worst ever, but ikno you have all heard this thousands of times but it cant be all that bad with so many players.

so if hitler controlled let's just pretend 2/3rds of the world, and forced everyone to choose between joining the nazi party or dying; then we could say the majority of humanity is nazi -- how can nazis be all that bad?

makes as much sense as the above argument.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

Originally posted by Pride7

Don't feed the troll that isn't smart enough to know WOW has grow each month since launch.

lemming.  post something of substance to support your argument about why a game is good/bad.  only people with stock in a company should use subs/boxes sold as an argument for "mah game eez betta than j00r gam".

great game, has XYZ pros.   sucky game has ABC cons. 

so i can say, american idol gets more votes every season, wowzers batman, they must be the bestest show of all time, just look at the numbers.

if the growing votes doesn't equate bestest show ever, then your statement makes as much sense as supporting "this is why a game is good".

take your sign, sit down.

• ZoayZoay Member Posts: 24
    Well, I don't have time to read the whole post atm, so I dunno what's been said but  I just
    want to say a few things..

Someone said that that not all players are hardcore players, that's why they stick to wow..
    uuh, hello? wow is ONLY for the hardcore players.
    Blizzard seems to think that their subscribers pay for the time they spend online instead of
    monthly-based subscriptions, seeing how, well, almost everything in wow consumes ALOT
    of time. If you want to get Rank 14 in pvp, you can't take a 2 day break, 'cause then you'll
    drop in rank instead of gaining it. You really DO need to play 24/7 to achieve rank 14.
    and the raiding isn't much better, seeing that if you miss out on a few raids everyone else
    in your guild will have a big lead on you on DKP.

Yet, this is still not the biggest reason that I dislike WoW (yes, I have several 60'is myself).
    No, the worst thing about it is that it's run by Blizzard, which have by far the worst
    customer support that I've ever seen. And their attitude against their paying customers
    is even worse. It's basically "yeah, so Ragnaros is bugged and didn't drop sh*t, and we won't do anything
    about it to help you so your gonna stop playing, who cares? we have 6 million customers besides you paying
    us!"
    Now I'm not saying that ragnaros drops being bugged is a reason to stop playing, but it's an example of
    how much they care about their customers.

And also we have how they handle bugs, before you could join AV que's as a group, but not anymore.
    It was bugged, so people below lvl 51 could sometimes get into AV because someone with the right level put
    the group in the que, so instead of FIXING this bug, they simply just removed the feature to join as a group.. nice going blizzard ! (you can still join as a group in AB and WSG though)

~~ The one and only from the sundsvall elite ~~

• bes3rkbes3rk Member UncommonPosts: 59
    WoW is easily the most over-rated game of all time. I'm glad to see people are coming to their senses.

• ZoayZoay Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Shazzel

"Who will hit 70 first?. "

Mancow - currect record holder for fastest to 60 both in /played hours as well as real life hours. Unless he has a purpled out hunter someone might beat him to 70 though.

And oh yeah, seeing this post reminded me of one more thing.
    When Europe launched there where 2 guys that were pretty even in reaching 60 first,
    but then Blizzard suspected 1 of them (the guy that was in the lead) of cheating, since
    he leveled TO FAST in their eyes.. so they suspended his account until they could do an investigation,
    so the other guy reached 60 first. GG
    (afaik they didn't have any evidence for it, so they based their suspicion on him being fast)

This was a long time ago though, so I dunno if any more evidence came up later on, but I remember
    everyone talking about it during the launch ^^

~~ The one and only from the sundsvall elite ~~

• Pride7Pride7 Member Posts: 289

Originally posted by dtox

Here are the facts about WOW:
    - In the top 5 best selling PC Games every week since it launched over a year ago.
    - Has the most subscribers in the US and Worldwide by a wide margin.
    - Is the #1 rated/reviewed MMO on the market.
    While it may not be the best MMO to a few members on this board, it is #1 by a wide margin in every category that counts.  While WOW haters may try to impart their opinions about the game on others realize that is only their opinion, anything else is factless fiction.

Top 5 selling ? Can agree with that untill a month ago, now they dont sell at all. Not a singel copy for the last month has been sold in the stores I went to, they even droped the price to close to nothing. Now this can be a sign of two things. Most ppl already have the game or there is just not enough interest in the game anymore.

Whether you agree with it or not makes little difference, that is a FACT (I know the WOW haters are unfamiliar with this word). 

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152601.html

Originally posted by Xenduli

Just because you agree with this sites rankings doesn't make them an accurate reflection of the entire MMO market. You are correct about the OP being related specifically to this site but I think you will see the majority of the rebutals have been to those that said WOW can't keep players and isn't gaining any ground in the US. The fact is a bigger percentage of other MMO subscribers are registered to this board than WOW subs. How do I know this? Simple...
    Eve has 4210 reviews on this site. As of May Eve has approx. 121k subscribers, that would mean 3.5% of their current subs reviewed the game.
    WOW has 6181 reviews on this site. As of May WOW has approx. 6.5M subscribers, that would mean less than .001% of their players reviewed the game.

Not entirely sure where you get 4210 and 6181 from. There is no "accurate reflection" of the entire MMO market, but these site ratings are a pretty good gauge and I don't understand why they are so readily dismissed. Yes results may be tainted, but what survey doesn't have some tainted results. At least I tried to explain why ratings fell or why WoW can't keep players rather than bang on about subscriber numbers.

6181 is the number of people that reviewed WOW on this site.  4210 is the number of people that reviewed Eve on this site.

You say things like "WOW can't keep players" yet you can't prove it, if you want to say "in my opinion I don't like the game" that is fine but the facts show they can keep and grow players on a weekly basis.  Saying anything else as fact is simply ignorant.

- In the top 5 best selling PC Games every week since it launched over a year ago.
    While it may not be the best MMO to a few members on this board, it is #1 by a wide margin in every category that counts.  While WOW haters may try to impart their opinions about the game on others realize that is only their opinion, anything else is factless fiction.

Top 5 selling ? Can agree with that untill a month ago, now they dont sell at all. Not a singel copy for the last month has been sold in the stores I went to, they even droped the price to close to nothing. Now this can be a sign of two things. Most ppl already have the game or there is just not enough interest in the game anymore.

Whether you agree with it or not makes little difference, that is a FACT (I know the WOW haters are unfamiliar with this word). 

your fact has what to do exactly with how the game plays?  with how fun it is?  with whether it's still fun for casual gamers after lvl 60?  with whether or not there's mission/quest variety?  with whether there's just boring static dungeons or if there are dynamicly changing dungeons offering new and different challenges each time?

just wondering what this fact has to do with how people rate a game.   don't think i've seen many reviews that say "hey, this game is the best because a LOT of people play it~!!"

beholdest thou  --  the lemming, once thought to be but an animal, but now it takest on a human form.   -- book of Ezoran, chapter 8 verse 4

Originally posted by LeGray
    just a thougt: wow caters the casuals - most casuals have something better to do than sit in front of a pc and farm when its warm outside ;) the numbers ARE dropping. maybe not much and only seasonal, but they are dropping. most ppl I know canceled their account and wait for more info about the expansion and if its worth reactivating. depending on the games coming out this fall they'll spend their money on another game (you can call that a trend what I hear in my guild and guilds other ppl I know). btw, good post about the virgins up there ;)

The only numbers that are dropping are the reviews on this site (which are pretty meaningless).  Saying they are losing numbers as in subscriptions only proves how out of touch and how willing this audience is to accept the facts.

Originally posted by damian7

your fact has what to do exactly with how the game plays?  with how fun it is?  with whether it's still fun for casual gamers after lvl 60?  with whether or not there's mission/quest variety?  with whether there's just boring static dungeons or if there are dynamicly changing dungeons offering new and different challenges each time?

just wondering what this fact has to do with how people rate a game.   don't think i've seen many reviews that say "hey, this game is the best because a LOT of people play it~!!"

beholdest thou  --  the lemming, once thought to be but an animal, but now it takest on a human form.   -- book of Ezoran, chapter 8 verse 4

My fact has everything to do with what the poster said "He said he didn't agree that WOW was one of the top 5 selling games" (pretty sad I had to point that out to you).  I showed him while he doesn't agree the truth is supported by facts. 

Also to answer your question about how people rate WOW - Don't forget WOW is the #1 rated MMO on the market (another fact).

My fact has everything to do with what the poster said "He said he didn't agree that WOW was one of the top 5 selling games" (pretty sad I had to point that out to you).  I showed him while he doesn't agree the truth is supported by facts. 

Also to answer your question about how people rate WOW - Don't forget WOW is the #1 rated MMO on the market (another fact).

Don't feed the troll that isn't smart enough to know WOW has grow each month since launch.

lemming.  post something of substance to support your argument about why a game is good/bad.  only people with stock in a company should use subs/boxes sold as an argument for "mah game eez betta than j00r gam".

so i can say, american idol gets more votes every season, wowzers batman, they must be the bestest show of all time, just look at the numbers.

if the growing votes doesn't equate bestest show ever, then your statement makes as much sense as supporting "this is why a game is good".

Post something of substance?  That is ironic seeing as you can never post any facts.  Come to the harsh reality that WOW is the #1 rated MMO on the market.  Actually it is #3 of all games according to Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/misc/top100_score.html). 

I am afraid I have some more facts...

On Gamespot WOW is the #1 MMO with 26k reviews, that dwarfs the 6k on this site now doesn't it :)

As for the "here is your sign comment" that is rich coming from the guy that didn't know  Over 1 year and 19 months were the same thing! LOL

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

so who decides what is the best game and what isn't.

the proffesionals? the press? both of them have given WoW the highest rating in mmorpg world
    the mmorpg players? They also rated WoW as best mmorpg.
    You? for yourself yeah,but your opinion will never be more then your own.you might rate WoW is a bad game. but that doesn't make it a bad game.

your fact has what to do exactly with how the game plays?  with how fun it is?

Before you speak you really should do some research...  Let's compare how WOW rates vs. Eve the #1 MMO on this site in FUN,

EVE = 7.7
    WOW = 8.6

Your WOW jealousy has hit a new high, step back from the keyboard sit quietly and take a long hard look at your life.

your fact has what to do exactly with how the game plays?  with how fun it is?

Before you speak you really should do some research...  Let's compare how WOW rates vs. Eve the #1 MMO on this site in FUN,

EVE = 7.7
    WOW = 8.6

Your WOW jealousy has hit a new high, step back from the keyboard sit quietly and take a long hard look at your life.

you sit here and say sales = fun.  how does that make the first bit of sense?  hate, love, neither have ANYTHING to do.  you're making no sense.

feed the lemming well, and watch it consume itself.   --book of Ezoran chapter 26, verse 19

Post something of substance?  That is ironic seeing as you can never post any facts.  Come to the harsh reality that WOW is the #1 rated MMO on the market.  Actually it is #3 of all games according to Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/misc/top100_score.html). 

I am afraid I have some more facts...

On Gamespot WOW is the #1 MMO with 26k reviews, that dwarfs the 6k on this site now doesn't it :)

As for the "here is your sign comment" that is rich coming from the guy that didn't know  Over 1 year and 19 months were the same thing! LOL

still a lemming with nothing to say.

you HONESTLY don't see the difference between saying "a little over a year" and "19 months", do you?  you're that asinine? 

game putting out a new expansion in over a year (13 months), hey, normalcy there.  game putting out an expansion around the two year mark (19 months + 4 or 5 more), not quite normal, jacked up.

but you don't have the intelligence to understand that AFTER i stated that a few times?

wow.  but you're right, whatever, go on being a brilliant asshat.

do not hesitate to kick the heathen in the groin whilst they falter, looking for others to hold them up as their lack of logic destroys them inwardly.   --book of Alana  chapter 36 verse 2

because this thread is called "numba one sales" right?

didn't ask how people rated wow did i?  was i talking to you directly and asked why you put something completely nonsensical like "numba one sales" "numba one subs" as REASONS why a game is good?

shame you actually have nothing other than "numba one sales/subs" to support why YOU believe it's a great game.  i've listed reasons it's good and reasons it sucks.  yet you are unable to support your OPINION that it's a great game -- so are you just a troll living in mommy's basement looking for people to try and confound with your irrefutable (in your mind) logic?  are do you honestly just have no actual opinions on the game and gameplay for this game?

wait upstream and the salmon shall come to you.  waste not your energy chasing down those fish which desire to not be caught.  it is the wise fisher that allows the fish to come to him.   --book of ezoran chapter 22 verse 38

• mistermaskmistermask Member Posts: 2
    I think it comes from the fact the game is fun from level1to 60, and then it gets boring, as you need to do the same things again and again for months

Originally posted by LeGray
    just a thougt: wow caters the casuals - most casuals have something better to do than sit in front of a pc and farm when its warm outside ;) the numbers ARE dropping. maybe not much and only seasonal, but they are dropping. most ppl I know canceled their account and wait for more info about the expansion and if its worth reactivating. depending on the games coming out this fall they'll spend their money on another game (you can call that a trend what I hear in my guild and guilds other ppl I know). btw, good post about the virgins up there ;)
    The only numbers that are dropping are the reviews on this site (which are pretty meaningless).  Saying they are losing numbers as in subscriptions only proves how out of touch and how willing this audience is to accept the facts.

quoting numbers time and again only proves that you either haven't played the game, or you can't articulate an intelligent review of said game so that you can defend how great the game is.

interesting.

the slayer of men comes not boldly in the day; rather it stalks it's prey in the darkness, patiently waiting for the eyes to close and breathing to steady, patiently waiting for it's kill.   book of ezoran chapter 7 verse 2.

• lsutiglsutig Member UncommonPosts: 92
    coming to think this site is for nothing but people who DONT play MMORPG's rather then people who do.