Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lucas to make "Star Wars Episode 7: Jedi Academy"!

VexinVexin Member Posts: 297
"George Lucas' LucasFilm production company today announced that they have signed Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher to make the next and final installment in the 'Star Wars' movie series, tentatively titled 'Jedi Academy.'  Episode 7 follows the life of Luke Skywalker as he struggles to rebuild the Jedi Order following the defeat of the Emperor, the destruction of the Death Star (really this time), and the death of his father, Anakin Skywalker.

"In a statement issued by Mr. Lucas, he cited the exceptional opportunity to bring closure to the series because 'luckily, the principal actors are all still alive' and were 'now at the right age for the time period of the film.'"

(No, it's not real, but it'd be cool, and you gotta know the thought's crossed his mind.  )

--------------------------------------------------------------------
As ye SOE, so shall ye weep.

Comments

• lordkaslordkas Member Posts: 78

Dude! not cool! I was all OMG then I saw it was a joke. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

But like you say it would be cool. ::::20::

Lothor Crestingwalker
    Corbantis
    SWG Vet
    Subbed 7-19-03
    Cancelled various times
    I hate the NGE

• VexinVexin Member Posts: 297

Originally posted by lordkas

Dude! not cool! I was all OMG then I saw it was a joke. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Sorry. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    As ye SOE, so shall ye weep.

• maxdomaxdo Member Posts: 284
    as much as i would love a new star wars moive i dont think they should make one with the OT charcters or the PT charcters cause of all the books if he made  his verson of the jedi acadamy books then any star wars book from jedi acadamy and on would be like well non cannon
  • basaltbasalt Member Posts: 84
    anyway george lucas wouldn't even dream of making another star wars film cos it would spoil his whole double trilogy theory but it is a nice thought

i wish i had a rabbit

• ghettochildeghettochilde Member Posts: 50
    It wouldnt spoiil anything...he just makes up some new crap everytime he changes something then says thats what he always had in mind anyway...so he could just do that again...
  • HavokRainerHavokRainer Member Posts: 6
      I was really excited lol, i wish they would do it.
  • keke`keke` Member UncommonPosts: 33

Originally posted by ghettochilde
    It wouldnt spoiil anything...he just makes up some new crap everytime he changes something then says thats what he always had in mind anyway...so he could just do that again...

Actually the Star Wars saga is in 9 episodes. Lucas just, officially,
    decided not to make the last 3. If he did, however, it's true what Vexin says- It would be about Luke rebuilding the Jedi Order, but eventually turning bad himself.
  • UlafUlaf Member UncommonPosts: 33

I could not take another 3 star wars movies I would just have to miss them or catch them on DVD.

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144
    Thank goodness that was a joke, the last three movies he made were bunk.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    It'd be sweet as hell, thats for sure. Unfortunately Harrison Ford said he'd never do another SW film. Which is to bad cause he'd get payed a buttload of money!

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

Whatever storytelling magic Lucas had poofed sometime after the last Indiana Jones movie.  The Star Wars prequels were so bad one would think they were written by someone who had no idea what Star Wars was.  Which is very sad since Lucas wrote both original and prequels.

Between the mess that is SWG, the awful prequels and that 90% of star wars console games suck.  I think Lucas needs to either (1) retire or (2) go to film school.

Lucas was originally going to pass the star wars saga on to another writter/director, but then decided not to. He definately should have :p

Ep: 1 was crappy.

Ep: 2 was an average scifi film.

Ep: 3 was actually quite good. A lot more drama, less 'maniquin' acting. But as others have shown, just how good can you act when your set is nothing but a big green room with nothing actually in it. I think the reason the older movies were better is because they were shot on location, where as the current ones, not a one had barely a single sceen that wasn't just one big greenroom.

• ENialisNailoENialisNailo Member Posts: 11
    Actually, there is a book serious called Young Jedi Knights (they are shorter books but not geared towards kiddies) that is about how Luke has started a new academy. I read the first 8 or so a few years back and they were quite good.
  • VyavaVyava Member Posts: 893

Originally posted by Fion

Ep: 3 was actually quite good. A lot more drama, less 'maniquin' acting. But as others have shown, just how good can you act when your set is nothing but a big green room with nothing actually in it. I think the reason the older movies were better is because they were shot on location, where as the current ones, not a one had barely a single sceen that wasn't just one big greenroom.

EP3 was only good for about 10 minutes and if you saw it in the theatre you could see the quality change for the single real around the transformation....followed by a drop in quality immediately after the scene finished. Not a lot of effort was put into the rest of the movie at all IMO. Saw it once in a theatre, most likely won't again until it is on TV or something.

The orginals were good because they didn't have the budget the new ones had. Lets face it, bankruptcy breeds creativity. It also wasn't trying to be perfect and those little errors and such are what make it fun. Watching something perfect is boring and flat.

I partly agree with you. I think the writting and acting was better through most the movie simply because it was the last and they had to do it as best as possible.

But yes, it is rather clear that 80% of the budget for the movie was put toward that one major scene that lasted nearly half the length of the movie all by itself.

The classics, are definately the best. I dont know if low budget begets creativity, but strife certainly does. :) In my mind the only movies ever made better were the Lord of the Rings trilogy, 3 decades later, and I doubt someone will top LotR for another 30 years. :)