Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto Login Script

Admin,

I was just wondering if it's possible to allow your website to setup a cookie for regular members so that he doesn't have to login on this site everytime he wants to post something.

Sites like Gamespot.com sort of do that. I rather find it very convient since the site let me to automatically login.

Also whenever you try post something long, you realize that you've already logged off and everything you typed became volatile. Why is that?

Cheer.

Comments

• Odin1985Odin1985 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 342

theres an autologin feature, you need to look in the account settings

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Coder, Webmaster and Modeler

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man?s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Coder, Webmaster and Modeler

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Originally posted by higgsboson

Admin,
    I was just wondering if it's possible to allow your website to setup a cookie for regular members so that he doesn't have to login on this site everytime he wants to post something.
    Sites like Gamespot.com sort of do that. I rather find it very convient since the site let me to automatically login.
    Also whenever you try post something long, you realize that you've already logged off and everything you typed became volatile. Why is that?
    Cheer.

Yes, go to the "Your Account Settings" area and check the autologin feature.

As for the long post issue.  This is caused from a "session timeout" basically if our server does not hear from you in 30+ minutes in cancels your session.  Our servers have to reserve a decent chunk of RAM to track and manage each users session.  With 1000+ visitors per hour this memory adds up quick. We cut them to conserve resources.  We are planning on converting the "Inbox" counter in the upper right to a inline frame that will auto-refresh every 5 or so minutes...this will keep your session alive as long as your browser is open.

In the mean time, punch the "Preview" button every once in a while or copy/paste to another app before posting something REALLY long...

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.