Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worried about LoTRO? Check here!

This is a great list of vids and interviews on LoTRO.  Watch them all, THEN tell me you think this game is gonna flop and I will think you're nuts.

LoTRO!

Watch all the demo's and movies, I think all fans will be excited to see how far the game really is pre-beta.

Comments

• jobsjobs Member Posts: 16

I am so excited about this game, but still hold a lot of skeptisism based on how most other MMORPG's have turned out.

Sure, they promise to be different, but so did every other MMORPG on the market.

I will likely end up giving it a go though.

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Originally posted by jobs

I am so excited about this game, but still hold a lot of skeptisism based on how most other MMORPG's have turned out.
    Sure, they promise to be different, but so did every other MMORPG on the market.

Same here. I was so hyped about DDO, and was devastated by how crap it was. If I try LOTRO, they better make it bloody good, or I'm going to come knock on their door.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• paadepaade Member Posts: 471

Originally posted by Althesh

This is a great list of vids and interviews on LoTRO.  Watch them all, THEN tell me you think this game is gonna flop and I will think you're nuts.

LoTRO!

Watch all the demo's and movies, I think all fans will be excited to see how far the game really is pre-beta.

right. Its a known fact that videos and screenshots made for marketing the game always give a good, objective view of how the game truly is. You really opened my eyes here, im a new man now

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Originally posted by paade

LoTRO!

right. Its a known fact that videos and screenshots made for marketing the game always give a good, objective view of how the game truly is. You really opened my eyes here, im a new man now

You forgot:

</sarcasmOff>

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• AltheshAlthesh Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Anageth

Originally posted by jobs

Same here. I was so hyped about DDO, and was devastated by how crap it was. If I try LOTRO, they better make it bloody good, or I'm going to come knock on their door.

I really never saw anything exciting or heard anything I liked about DDO except for the name.  When I tried the 10 day beta, I canceled my pre-order.  It was poop on a stick to put it best.  I would be 100-1 this game will be nothing like DDO.  As far as GROUNDSHATTERING NEW I doubt it will be like that, but it will be fun.  Turbine is a little off the wall compared to Blizzard in it's gaming structure and content and they are big fans of constantly adding new things to a game to keep it interesting.  So I look forward to having a lot more content to start off in LoTRO, with lots of content updates to come in the future after it's release.  After seeing the screens and videos at least *I* am really impressed with where they are before even going into beta.  The game COULD flop but I think they have too much time/money invested to let this one be a DDO repeat.
  • DabbleDabble Member Posts: 1,043

Yeah looks great at this early stage.

Love the stealth animation.

This is my first post in this forum so forgive me if I sound stupid, but.....

Is this a straight up PVE game or will there be pvp too?

• Perdition_ukPerdition_uk Member Posts: 181
    It's purely PvE, no PvP at all. Promotional vidoes always look good, because... well, they are promotional videos! I'll be holding off ordering this given turbines performance with DDO. Watching with interest though.

To be honest, even with Vangard now under the dreaded umbrella of SoE, with things like Vangard and Conan coming out at the same time or before LOTR will have to be extremely special not to bomb.

I don't know about Vanguard, but AoC is going into beta very soon and projected release is end of 2006, begining 2007.

I dont think LOTRO is anywhere near that, no?

Also....

An mmo that is purely pve in this day in age?

I dunno about that....

• Perdition_ukPerdition_uk Member Posts: 181

Originally posted by Dabble

I don't know about Vanguard, but AoC is going into beta very soon and projected release is end of 2006, begining 2007.
    I dont think LOTRO is anywhere near that, no?

According to the games list here they are both Q4 2006 releases. That's all I'm going by, you could be right.
  • harrisondharrisond Member Posts: 60
    hey as a lotr fan i really excited about this. the lotr world can be made into a great mmo with the right people involed.
  • DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

Also....

An mmo that is purely pve in this day in age?
    I dunno about that....

They announced that LOTRO will have PvP last month. It will be consensual pvp though, no all out pvp.

Sorry but can you clarify "consensual?"

For example, will there be pvp servers or pve servers?  Or will you have to "flag" yourself for pvp?

Consesual pvp could be just dueling, really.

Thanks for your response.

• Kud-DukanKud-Dukan Member Posts: 34

For example, will there be pvp servers or pve servers?  Or will you have to "flag" yourself for pvp?

It will be more than dueling, but they will NOT have PvP servers.  They have hinted that we may be able to take control of NPC characters and fight with them as well (Orcs, Trolls, Uruk-Hai, etc)
  • GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657

Originally posted by Kud-Dukan

It will be more than dueling, but they will NOT have PvP servers.  They have hinted that we may be able to take control of NPC characters and fight with them as well (Orcs, Trolls, Uruk-Hai, etc)

Pardon me but how do you know it will be more than dueling? They have not given any specifics on what form the pvp will take other than. Other than the hint of monster play.

It will be 100% consensual

PvE will be the main focus of the game

PvP will be eldar play (what ever that meens)

This is all they have said about it on the official forums. Everything else is speculation on the players part. I have been in many debates on the official forums with pro pvper's and anti pvpers since the announcement. I would suggest going to the officail forums to find out about the pvp and the game.

imageimage

• sbowlingsbowling Member Posts: 37

Watch them all, THEN tell me you think this game is gonna flop and I will think you're nuts.

It's Turbine. If anyone can screw this up, they are the ones. Look at everything else they've done, especially DDO.
  • elitwebbelitwebb Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by sbowling

Watch them all, THEN tell me you think this game is gonna flop and I will think you're nuts.

It's Turbine. If anyone can screw this up, they are the ones. Look at everything else they've done, especially DDO.

Word ^