Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new E3 video up at IGN

Here

Seems similar to a one released before but better quality.

Comments

• cheggelundcheggelund Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Yeah, I've seen it before. Nice with the added resolution though.

I guess I can't get enough AoC information. Hopefully the beta will start soon.

-Chegg

• ExhaultedFisExhaultedFis Member Posts: 8
    watch the 600 mb one :) really nice quality :) 

• NeloodNelood Member Posts: 11
    Anyone else notice the gentlemen presenting the game is using an X-box 360 controller, that he shows at about 5:09 in the 23 minute video?  Have they announced a console release?  If so, I question the depth...

N E L O O D

• XeniusXenius Member Posts: 25
    wont be released on console afaik. and you can play the game with gamepad. thats why he is holding one etc..

Fish of tommorow

• NeloodNelood Member Posts: 11

I'd rather it be PC than console; since console MMOs seem to be lacking.  I did find some rumor information from gamespot's AoC section that said the following:

"...The Norwegian studio has struck a deal with the estate of Robert E. Howard, the late author of the Conan stories, to make it the sole developer of Conan MMORPGs until 2018. The deal applies to both PCs and next-generation consoles, further fueling rumors--and hopes--that the title will be coming to either the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. Funcom also has the rights to extend the deal by five years, if it so chooses, to 2023."

and

"...Then, 'a question was asked about if they were thinking about other platforms than PC...then the spokesman [Bjorn Sundquist] made a kauf [sic] gesture saying *kauf*Xbox360*kauf*.' (Emphasis added.)"

To be selfish; I hope they produce this game solely for PC.  Rumors claim SWG-NGE was designed for consoles and that has left a bad taste in my mouth.

N E L O O D

• XeniusXenius Member Posts: 25
    "We are definitely planning on having Age of Conan on one or more
    next-gen consoles. Exactly which remains to be seen, but reaching out
    to a broader audience is a stated goal for Funcom.

Playing with the gamepad at E3 was done to underline the difference in
    combat approach, with hands-on action combat as much as to hint at
    next-gen consoles. You can play the game on PC with keyboard and mouse,
    or with joypad; the choice is yours. Personally, I prefer access to
    both." quote taken from Gaute. found at bymitra.com

they wont say which console it is hitting, but its coming somewhere heh :) i am going to stick to PC on this one for sure.. maybe have a gamepad though.

Fish of tommorow