Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Travel.

ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
Hi. Does anyone know what this games gonna be like with travel? Is it instanced or Seamless, a combo? I don't really understand this "shard" thing their talking about hehe.

Comments

• McShaneMcShane Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by Valentina
    Hi. Does anyone know what this games gonna be like with travel? Is it instanced or Seamless, a combo? I don't really understand this "shard" thing their talking about hehe.

Travel between the Shards (chunks of the blown-apart world), will be zoned, but players will be on the Shardship and will have to defend it from attacking NPCs for a few minutes (I'm assuming this will be instanced).

Ancestral Quests will surely be instanced. But I'm not sure about other quests, like ones that have you go into a dungeon or something.
  • sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606
    I've heard some rumors about mounts that will be avalible to players. This game has some great potencial..

• Freeze_TCoSFreeze_TCoS TCoS CMMember Posts: 15

Each Shard is designed as one big level with instances for certain dungeons, player and guild housing, shops and taverns. Travel between the different Shards can be done by booking passage on one of the Shardships that can travel through the Deadspell Storm. Players with some cash to spare can book a cabin that offers them safe and almost instant travel. Players low on cash or prefering to save their hard earned money can enlist on the Shardships as crew. Travel will be cheap but the player will have to work during the passage to keep the Shardship safe from the many dangers that the Deadspell hides.

Hope this helps.

Freeze

www.tcos.com

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606

Kewl,

Would be fun though if they had like flying dragons or somthing that we could costomize to your liking like the way there talking about the "dress to impress"

• Freeze_TCoSFreeze_TCoS TCoS CMMember Posts: 15

Well,

you might want to read up on the Spellborn forums on www.tcos.com. The game has this breed of creatures known as Vailyrians. There are rumours that they could very well appear as flying mounts in the future. Imagine big scale PvP battles on flying mounts in the Deadspell Storm... cool stuff. You can find some concept art on them in the website's artwork section http://www.tcos.com/downloads/?type=1&lng=en 

This has never been officialy confirmed though..

Freeze

www.tcos.com