Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

free level counter

Greetings,

I was wondering my free level counter is off by 2 days.I should get a free level on Mon and now it says I had almost 5 more days to go.

Other people said they were geting a 6 day for next level.

I filed a /report and have heard nothing yet

I am on a Lancelot.

Any and all help welcome

Thanks

Comments

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

I know that the servers population and realm population are a part of the calculatio when giving your a date for your free level. So it could be changing dynamically. Like for instance, on Monday, there are 100 people on your server with 50 people on your realm. So you have to wait 7 days for a free level. On Wednesday your Server is 300 but your realm is 25 so you get like 2 days until your next free level.

• nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

Sidebuster is right. Free levels are ultimately dependant on your realms population. The lower the population the sooner you get one. The standard is every 7 days. Your realm probably has a lot more players than the other two realms on your server, so they amount of days needed for a free level probably increased.

Look on the bright side though. At least your getting free levels.

• cygnusX11cygnusX11 Member Posts: 2
    OK thank you for the info.
  • SorcerousKhanSorcerousKhan Member UncommonPosts: 164
    What's all this about free levels? Do you actually get granted a free experience level in this game? If so....why?

• razziellerazzielle Member Posts: 162

Free levels dont change that drastically.  Mythic takes a poll of on each server about every 3-5 months and figures out who is overpopulated, underpopulated, or right on.  This then changes the wait time between free levels.  Underpopulated gets a 3 day wait between free levels, regular gets 5 and over gets 7.

Just because your free level says you will get a level 5 days or whatever doesn't mean you will actually get it.  You have to make atleast one level on your own between these or else people would roll a toon and freebie him all the way to 48 and that would just be lame now wouldn't it.  So if you don't make a level then the freebie doesn't come into effect until that level is made then the countdown down starts over again for your next freebie up until level 48.

Check the herald, they may have just done this survey recently and rechanged all the times.

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

Originally posted by Riceman
    What's all this about free levels? Do you actually get granted a free experience level in this game? If so....why?

yes you do. every 4 to 7 days or so depending server/realm you get one free lvl, if you have gained a lvl legit during that time.

why? im not sure. but its a nice gift :D

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    As has been stated you get a free level every certain amount of days (2-7) if you have earned a level.  It stops at level 48. 

The reason why was to make leveling easier as well as decrese the time it took to get you ready to RvR.  At one time leveling forever so adding a free level if you earned one was one of the means they choose to speed up leveling.  This was seen as a means of helping out new players.  They would have 50% less time in theory to get to level 50. 

• miccavmiccav Member Posts: 33
    I noticed that you can decline the free levels. Is there a title or anything you get for declining them and doing it the traditional way? I kinda enjoy the grind in MMOGs.

EQ1 - Shaman & Cleric 1999-2003
    Others Played: AC1, AC2, AO, EQ2, EVE(Beta Tester), SWG(pre-NGE/CU), Guildwars, TSO, MxO(Beta Tester), Lineage 1, Lineage 2, WOW, COV/COH, DDO, Vanguard(Beta Tester), DAOC, Tabula Rasa

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686
    The free level system is simply a way to help out the under-populated realms on uneven servers. The side that needs help more gets their levels a tad faster than the others.

There are no titles or anything for declining the free levels, basically the option is there for the people who want to stop at level 24 or some other specific level and stay in the Battlegrounds for a while.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."