Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta-Tester Testimonials

nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

I think there should be a section for every game (pre-release) where beta-testers can keep the rest of the community informed of the state of the game.

The hype section is very good, although I'd like to see what the beta testers in particular are thinking, and not people basing decisions on what the dev team has up on the site promoting their game.

I understand the tricky part here would be verifying who is really a beta-tester, but there must be a way to determine that (I assume the MMORPG staff is represented in every beta).

This would be a place more for articles than posts.  We all know the inherant flaws in the forum system, and this would give gamers the opportunity to hear the positive and negative things about a game pre-release WITHOUT the flames, fights, and other things that seem to go on all the time in forums.

Just an idea:)

Flon Gerg

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

Comments

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    They kind of can't do that...they can't discuss anything about beta...most games have you agree to non-disclosure....if you break it they will boot you from beta!

--------------------------------------------

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Good point.

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869
    yeah....I realised that shortly after posting that.  Basically, I'm in beta for wish and freeworld, and on the forums, its all "hey guys, you can use screenshots, write articles, just send us the URL to them" and blah blah blah.  but then you go to sign into the game, and bam, there's the beta usage agreement.  i went to sign in last night after making that post, and all i could say was, "Dammit."

Flon Gerg

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.