Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need help finding the name of an old school (PC) game!

Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

You guys might know.

The game goes years back around the time of the game Number Muncher. The game is a tank game but it's in non-shaded polygons with a black background. You can play in first person or overhead view. I might have been playing this either on a Apple II or Macintosh. You can select from I think 3 types of tanks and it went somthing like this:

Speed: Fast

Armor: Low

???: ???

Speed: Normal

Armor: Medium

Speed: Slow

Armor: High

I really want to know what the name of this game is. I have been searching high and low and I know maybe you computer guys can help me.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
|
RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Comments

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Oh yeah it was on a PC with color. Can't remember if the Apple II had color or not. If it didn't then it was a Macintosh.

|

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Would it be by chance the old tank game that could be played on the internet called "Avara"? It was released around 95 or 96 I think.

- Zaxx

don't think so. The polygons wernt shaded so it's like looking at a 3d figure of lines.

|

Oh hell... I know what game you are talking about now I think...

LOL. I played the game on my old Commodore 64 I do believe and it was VERY popular.

Battlezone. With the see-thru wire-frame objects and tanks and you could use the big blocks as like boulders to hide behind etc.. hehe. When you got shot, the screen cracked up and when you shot an enemy, it shattered into pieces. This game is really "old school" but was definately a fun game. It was released by Atari way back in 1980!! It was later released on many computers like the Apple, the Mac, the TRS-80, and later the PC.

This has to be the game you are thinking of! ::::01::

- Zaxx

I did some search on that game and it looks very very similar to one of the versions. Can you do an overhead view in one?

|

Man it's been a long time since I played my old Commodore 64. I was thinking about it, and your OP where you said Armor: medium, Speed: fast, etc made me think more and more that it wasn't actually Battlezone. I had an old game for the Commodore 64 that was like Battlezone with the wireframe enemies etc and blocks and all but it was a lot better then Battlezone actually. I believe at the beginning of the game, it game you a "briefing" of the enemies known and gave spinning shots of all your enemies and the details which showed the Speed: Medium, Armor: light kinda statisistics for each kinda of enemy. Some of the enemies were even flying plane type things. I think the screen turned red when you got hit or something too. Like I say, it was a lot like Battlezone, but a lot better with a lot more variety of enemies and stuff.

I did a quick search on google with no success.

So I finally went down to my basement and got out my old box full of my old Commodore 64 and about 200 disks lol. I connected the damn thing to my TV to find it still works. One of my disks of illegally copied games one of my friends gave me back in the day is simply titled "Games 5" and has several games on it... one of which is the game I am thinking of. It's name is "STELLAR 7". After searching that on google, I see that it also was made on the Apple and other computers.

Here's a link that also gives names of very similar variations of "Stellar 7":

Stellar 7 and other variations of that game

I'm sure you can find more info on that game as well thru google.

Maybe that's the game you are seeking?? Heh If not, I think I am running out of answers bro. lol.

- Zaxx

I can't seem to find it yahooing it either. It's not Steller 7 though. When I usually can find these kind of games I cant. Thanks for the help so far. I'm going to keep trying.

|

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170
    Are the polygons textured?