Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It can only get Better?

Comments

• Reneh84Reneh84 Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by LilBoPeep

This line of crap is the most desperate of ppl trying to convince other ppl that a pile of poo is actually some brownish blackish mixture of the gods ambrosia that was gifted down from atop the Mount and given to all the unworthy who have not been saved. ITs a pile of crap. period.
    oh and Rene -- D&DO smooth as silk. RFO stable and with all features (their box reminds me of DNLs claims- isnt half of what was it REALLY was). Auto Assault - smooth as silk = those are just the most recent releases. Why do you insist on comparing it to the biggest share of subscriptions in the market. Simply because it does command the biggest share? Nice BIG dreams. By the logic of the systems employed by DNL, this game is horribly horribly designed.

1 DDO- a smooth as silk instance fest, you do what they want when they want, No freedom, and isnt          
               the entire game world one city?

2 RFO- Didnt they have a million dollar contest they had to cancel because of massive exploits?
              seems to me a million dollars is a pretty big thing to not hand out

3 Auto Assault- Interstate 76 Online, Whoooo! 

See?  i can bad talk about pretty much any game you throw at me, because every game has it's flaws, either in core design or naggy little bugs,  DNL's Core design is golden, and if you thought any different you wouldnt be reading this right now.

I'm comparing it to the big guys to show even the biggest and best can mess up, 
    what's the point of saying that Era Online had a buggy startup, or that Graal or EUO are missing features?

• ArremusArremus Member Posts: 656
    HahaHAHAhahaha... haHAHAhaaa...ha...
    There are actually people so blinded by their own fanboism that they're vermently supporting this absolute travesty of a 'release'..?
    This 'release' cannot even be compared to Horizons. Horizons released smooth as a bikini-clad volleyball player sliding down an oil coated slippery slide compared to this absolute horror.
    Image an old 1980s amplifier is Horizons. Now rip the cords out of it, pull off the knobs, belt the crap out of the case... and you've got the D&L Signature Model.

How in living hell can you defend this 'release'? Do you not realise how much damage this f**king game is doing to the MMO genre? Do you not realise that F*ckeditupagainARLAND have set the genre back 5 years by allowing something this full of holes onto the market as a 'released' product?

This D&L release right here gives very good ground for some sort of 'World Online Gaming Content vs Promises Before Release Regulating Body' or some shit. I mean it, if this kind of absolute crap is going to be passed off as a release worthy game, there needs to be some independant body in place to say "Oh no you fucking won't Sunshine," and lay down the hammer.

Ok you make out as though D&L is a big release with big ideals and a big focus, big gameworld etc etc *wank wank*, just imagine Microsoft released the new OS and decided to throw it out 12-24 months early with half the features missing and the other half that did make it in are incomplete or just completely don't make sense.
    Now would you be happy with that? Is that a fair release? Would you be happy to pay the full $300 or whatever for it, knowing that it will only get better?

People, wake the f**k up from your fanboism and realise you've been sold one huge big lie.
    If you continue to pay for it, all you're doing is supporting the production of half assed, non-realised MMO games. Which in turn will set the precedent for more.

Two big thumbs up to you. Right up your f**king nose.

"(The) Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude." - George W Bush.
    Oh. My. God.

• Originally posted by Jackdog

Edit just went over to the offcial forums. Seems as if the game opened up for the griffon and other pre orders. the original poster was right it has gotten better.

Yeh it has , now ppl are swimming through town that was built over water, dont stop and talk to the quest guy cuz the system thinks youre swimming so you drown, people still crashing, mobs attacking at the newbie spawn pt even while game still loading,disconnections, not knowing how skills or crafting works until you spend pts on it to see if it works, if it doesnt, well, try something else and blow all your pts and make another one and keep trying until SOMETHING works, (oh and some griffons didnt get their mount like promised) , charged goth for repair that doesnt repair, GMS still testing in out of the way areas (still testing in a released game, live?), people still crashing, disconnections, travel as a low level to try and find which vendor sells which ingredient (wtf is that? you need a low level to buy some ingredients but the low level has to travel to find them and guess what happens? dead), unreadable icons, lag still at starter town (same as SOG) so imagine this game with alot of players in it and the amount of lag during a siege, etc. etc., banking is still messed up, griffons getting pioneer benefits, pioneers getting no benefits, reserved names stolen, people still crashing, regens not working, disconnections, looting is still messed up, xp is fooked, weapon classification is fooked (bow is melee 0.0 ) , quests send you to nowhere, people still crashing, disconnections.......

Yeah uh huh, wayyyyyy better....... 

• nexus42nexus42 Member Posts: 288
    One of the truisms of the human experience is that the hole can always be dug a little bit deeper.

...Pika

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by Arremus
    There are actually people so blinded by their own fanboism that they're vermently supporting this absolute travesty of a 'release'..?
    This 'release' cannot even be compared to Horizons. Horizons released smooth as a bikini-clad volleyball player sliding down an oil coated slippery slide compared to this absolute horror.
    Image an old 1980s amplifier is Horizons. Now rip the cords out of it, pull off the knobs, belt the crap out of the case... and you've got the D&L Signature Model.

How in living hell can you defend this 'release'? Do you not realise how much damage this f**king game is doing to the MMO genre? Do you not realise that F*ckeditupagainARLAND have set the genre back 5 years by allowing something this full of holes onto the market as a 'released' product?

This D&L release right here gives very good ground for some sort of 'World Online Gaming Content vs Promises Before Release Regulating Body' or some shit. I mean it, if this kind of absolute crap is going to be passed off as a release worthy game, there needs to be some independant body in place to say "Oh no you fucking won't Sunshine," and lay down the hammer.

Ok you make out as though D&L is a big release with big ideals and a big focus, big gameworld etc etc *wank wank*, just imagine Microsoft released the new OS and decided to throw it out 12-24 months early with half the features missing and the other half that did make it in are incomplete or just completely don't make sense.
    Now would you be happy with that? Is that a fair release? Would you be happy to pay the full $300 or whatever for it, knowing that it will only get better?

People, wake the f**k up from your fanboism and realise you've been sold one huge big lie.
    If you continue to pay for it, all you're doing is supporting the production of half assed, non-realised MMO games. Which in turn will set the precedent for more.

Just wanted to say excellent post. in particular I enjoyed the visuals of the oiled volleyball player, and the bit about the hammer. Truly a 5 star rant  kudos

I miss DAoC

• Originally posted by Reneh84

This line of crap is the most desperate of ppl trying to convince other ppl that a pile of poo is actually some brownish blackish mixture of the gods ambrosia that was gifted down from atop the Mount and given to all the unworthy who have not been saved. ITs a pile of crap. period.
    oh and Rene -- D&DO smooth as silk. RFO stable and with all features (their box reminds me of DNLs claims- isnt half of what was it REALLY was). Auto Assault - smooth as silk = those are just the most recent releases. Why do you insist on comparing it to the biggest share of subscriptions in the market. Simply because it does command the biggest share? Nice BIG dreams. By the logic of the systems employed by DNL, this game is horribly horribly designed.

1 DDO- a smooth as silk instance fest, you do what they want when they want, No freedom, and isnt          
               the entire game world one city?

the point is a near perfect release, with all systems go. Thats what we are talking about.

2 RFO- Didnt they have a million dollar contest they had to cancel because of massive exploits?
              seems to me a million dollars is a pretty big thing to not hand out

the point is a near perfect release with all systems go. Thats what we are talking about.

3 Auto Assault- Interstate 76 Online, Whoooo! 

the point is a near perfect release with all systems go. Thats what we are talking about.

See?  i can bad talk about pretty much any game you throw at me, because every game has it's flaws, either in core design or naggy little bugs,  DNL's Core design is golden, and if you thought any different you wouldnt be reading this right now.

ITs the core design that is messed up! graphics, combat, crafting, fxp, sxp, cxp, mobs, quests, the CORE mechanics (just check the boards, the settlers are in now and an explosion of crashing and disconnects, what do you think is gonna happen on the 5th?

I'm comparing it to the big guys to show even the biggest and best can mess up, 
    what's the point of saying that Era Online had a buggy startup, or that Graal or EUO are missing features?

exactly. It cant be compared to the others because the others are simply way too high out of the league for Farlan.Near perfect release, all systems go.  Professional, competent, experienced and in NO WAY were the releases then as bad as this one. With only 100 max at launch alone there is no other laughable claim in MMO history.

• Originally posted by Jackdog

Just wanted to say excellent post. in particular I enjoyed the visuals of the oiled volleyball player, and the bit about the hammer. Truly a 5 star rant  kudos

LOL agree  I like the "oh no you wont Sunshine" myself...LOL

there is so little content right now because the game just came out, this game is

This is either IK or Black. Soo fricking obvious.

Thing is they are only helping to bump the threads that show the truth and the desperate attempts by the fanbois to cover it all up.

• Reneh84Reneh84 Member Posts: 6

This is either IK or Black. Soo fricking obvious.
    Thing is they are only helping to bump the threads that show the truth and the desperate attempts by the fanbois to cover it all up.

i hope you enjoy being wrong, because you're just so good at it, i am not IK or Black or whoever else you may think i am

i just hope you know you're quoting smooth startups to games that are quite simply not very good, My point was that a smooth startup doesnt guarantee a good game, bad startups dont mean it's a bad game, but you missed that eh?

Oh, and before you start making metaphors about how dark and light is like a fire melting the proverbial cheese block of good MMO's  or whatever,  just stop the ranting.

if this game fails miserably then we'll never hear from it again,  it simply wont recover,  if it gets the patches it needs over the next 2 months then you know you'll be singing it's praise, and the whole point of this thread is if it will get better,  so since they're releasing a patch tomorrow, i guess you just lost the whole argument

• NaarNaar Member UncommonPosts: 165

so since they're releasing a patch tomorrow, i guess you just lost the whole argument

Spoken like a true non-beta-tester....The only thing that keeps this game as 'stable' as it is right now is the lack of patches. NP3 has a long and honored history of causing more problems than they fix with 'patches' esp ones that included any kind of content, as few and far between as they were....

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Nice to see so many gullible people exist in the MMO world.

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604

Originally posted by Reneh84

i hope you enjoy being wrong, because you're just so good at it, i am not IK or Black or whoever else you may think i am
    okay I can admit if Im wrong if you arent IK, or BS, or Xanth or even Lix for the matter. Your argument has the same ring, same tone and same words as IK, BS or Xanth and its simply taken in the same light.

i just hope you know you're quoting smooth startups to games that are quite simply not very good, My point was that a smooth startup doesnt guarantee a good game, bad startups dont mean it's a bad game, but you missed that eh?

What you seem to want to get across is that altho you PERSONALLY dont like the games, the NEAR PERFECT releases dont matter one brain cell towards the devs competence, experience, customer relations and overall professionalism

Oh, and before you start making metaphors about how dark and light is like a fire melting the proverbial cheese block of good MMO's  or whatever,  just stop the ranting.

who the hell are you to tell me or anyone on this board to stop anything? Its a POS game with an oh so obvious desperate dev team and delusional fanbois. Period. Whats the old saying......A sows ear dressed up to look like ........is still a sows ear. Period. People are NOT going to shut up about the hilarious, outlandish antics of not only the fanbois but the developers themselves. ITs incredibly addicting comedy at its best.

if this game fails miserably then we'll never hear from it again,  it simply wont recover,  if it gets the patches it needs over the next 2 months then you know you'll be singing it's praise, and the whole point of this thread is if it will get better,  so since they're releasing a patch tomorrow, i guess you just lost the whole argument

sorry, havent lost any argument at all. The current state does not foretell a 'successful" launch. EVen NOW there are players that are limited access -- so the servers have yet to be honestly stressed. DNL will keep it up its "limited access" in allowing all who wish to log in simply to avoid the crashes. The facts remain the whole game itself is incomplete, unfinished, untested as is this new "patch" that you are trying to say is gonna clean up even the most basics of the game. The "patch" itself contains untested material!!!  Releasing a game, in the CURRENT market, at the state that DNL is in, is wholly entirely unacceptable. Trying to pass off a "in a few months your money MAY be worth it" is the absolute lowest of the low. No matter which you TRY to work this, its a failure in every aspect.

EDIT: PER IRC -- this is a server patch and it will not be fixing 'some of the problems'

So whoever you are pretending not to be, this glorious patch is about what?????

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by brostyn
    Nice to see so many gullible people exist in the MMO world.

PT Barnum was a wise wise man. Home shopping Network, email phishing, crap MMORPGs LOL. Damn it's too bad I am a honest man, I could be rich.

BTW looks like the DnL spin team is busy busy busy withall their little alts on every gameing forum they can find, proclaiming this flawless launch,

I miss DAoC

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by Cholayna

sorry, havent lost any argument at all. The current state does not foretell a 'successful" launch. EVen NOW there are players that are limited access -- so the servers have yet to be honestly stressed. DNL will keep it up its "limited access" in allowing all who wish to log in simply to avoid the crashes. The facts remain the whole game itself is incomplete, unfinished, untested as is this new "patch" that you are trying to say is gonna clean up even the most basics of the game. The "patch" itself contains untested material!!!  Releasing a game, in the CURRENT market, at the state that DNL is in, is wholly entirely unacceptable. Trying to pass off a "in a few months your money MAY be worth it" is the absolute lowest of the low. No matter which you TRY to work this, its a failure in every aspect.

The one thing many ofthe these hopefully fanboys fail to realize is that game cannot be built overnight.  Give DnL a competent developer that actually pays its devs real money on a regular basis and this game would be years away from being in a release ready form.  But put the game in the hand of Farlan where who knows if they even have one dev that is being paid and one can only guess how long it will take them to make this game rlease ready.  We are not talking years here but decades.  It is pretty fair to assume that the Farlan devs cannot generate content at one third or even one quarter the pace of a professional dev team.  They simply don't have the expereince,skill,  money or manpower.  Expeting this game to be in a playable form anytime this year or next year is quite unrealstic.  I would go further to argue that they could not get this game in arelease form before 2010.

Blind faith and merely wanting the game to be good will not make Farlan work any faster.  They simply just don't have the time, skill, money opr manpower to ever make this game anything but a very bad incomplete game.

• tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020

Originally posted by Jackdog

BTW looks like the DnL spin team is busy busy busy withall their little alts on every gameing forum they can find, proclaiming this flawless launch,

If that's what's causing the sudden new people around here and their posts I'll save them some time and tell them now, you are in the WRONG part of town.

IK's cool, even admitted this game blows. He isn't that guy. 

uh huh. Yup! Righto! Yeppers! Spot on!

"Today after patching, I just crash out after a few seconds. "

"The srvdir.xml containing the neccessary md5 and filesizes for the comparative checks are missing these files"

"GTZ Packing Error :: Compression error"

"What didn't they mess up?"

"User login ID not found? "

"problem logging in"

"try to log back in i get to the character selection screen i go to click on something and it restarts my computer"

"Im getting into game and then 10 seconds later crash to desktop"

"I have deleted and reinstalled DnL from scratch and have tried it on a second PC - same results "

"Problem getting file from server. Please try again later."

"this is just unplayable and to charge people for the privilege of playing a game that is clearly still in beta is a rip off"

"Getting the patcher freezing then after terminating saying it's patched and saying file error"

"I cannot log in the game"

"It says not such account name"

"my Patcher is not downloading res.npz, res.str and DnLg.exe correctly, it keeps failing intergrity check".

"Another patch.... and it's happened again, the same 3 files will not download properly"

"I get this error every patch and have to get my friend to email me the files"

"the game freezes and I get a Microsoft fatalerror reort says DnL exe has expirienced a problem and the game crashes"

" can't even get into the game "

"# LOGIN_ REJECTED_ALREADY_LOGGED_IN #.***; "

"you have been disconnected"

"After the new patch my action bar freezes and i cannot use any of my abilities"

UPDATE 1.0.5 IS UP, READY TO TEST

Sigh.....sooo many problems...too little time.

now, umm, who lost what?

• NaarNaar Member UncommonPosts: 165

Like I said they cause more problems trying to fix their broken 'game' with patches....Now if we can only get them to change DnL to RELEASED on this site and erase all that fake hype from 2002-2005 and see some a real review.

It's really sad how all the remaining fanboys bash MMORPG.com, but it's lthe only site actually supporting the game...All the major gamer places won't touch it with a ten foot pole.

• AlouisiousAlouisious Member Posts: 201
    Get out of Jail Free card? --- Call your credit card company and chargeback the purchase and fees. Wipe it totally from your computer and do a registry clean. Pat your computer and tell it you will never treat it like that again.

"The srvdir.xml containing the neccessary md5 and filesizes for the comparative checks are missing these files"

etc etc etc etc etc

UPDATE 1.0.5 IS UP, READY TO TEST

now, umm, who lost what?

Omg Bo you sooo lost that argument... o.O hahAHAhAhAHAHAHAhahahaa... aaahh... Reneh84's not kidding, is he?

Well then, I've got a new product, gonna call it Crap In A Bag. When walking my dogs, I'm going to collect all the crap around the park, and package it up and sell it as a facial defoliator. Just rub it on and you'll look 20 years younger in a week. I mean, people are actually stupid enough to buy Oil of Ulan or whatever, so there's obviously some MMO players stupid and gullible enough to buy my new Crap In A Bag.

This whole affair, The Dark And Light Debarkle, aka The Developers (still working on the script, Mr Hollywood) is bordering on surreal. As in like "man walks out of shop with a carrot for a head, singing Christmas carols and petting a tiny dolphin" surreal.
    You know when you see a scene in a movie when it is so, so awful and intense yet you find yourself watching with open mouthed, muted intoxication, bewildered by how utterly deranged the scene is, yet cannot look away? Think of the dead baby scene in Trainspotting for example, or the chinese cracker scene in Boogey Nights.
    Well this whole D&L 'release' is taking on one of those moments.
    It's hard not to look and stare, transfixed, mouth drooped open like a [edit]Vanguard-fanboi special, complementing drool hanging from the side of the mouth, lips slightly curved up in a deranged smile, absently turning your eyes to your calendar just to make sure it's not April 1st.

And yet, this is ACTUALLY HAPPENING. If this was politics, D&L would be Watergate. If it was the movies, D&L would be a B-Grade monstrosity starring Eric Roberts. If it was religion, it'd have about as much credibility as Creationism.

I am starting to get fairdinkum about this 'Independent MMORPG Assessment Body' or some crap. There is no regulation on this industry. Asshats like Farlan will continue to make complete crap like this and throw it out into the MMO community, and all it'll do is turn our genre into the equivalent of the B-Grade movies of the movie industry.

This whole trainwreck of a game-release could have put the genre back 5 years. I'm just glad to hell that it's a small company with big ideals and not a big company with big ideals. At least we can hide it under our armpit and hope no outsiders notice it.

Please gamespot, please gamespy, whoever else, do not even acknowledge that this steaming pile of crap exists.

"(The) Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude." - George W Bush.
    Oh. My. God.

"GTZ Packing Error :: Compression error"

"What didn't they mess up?"

etc etc etc

now, umm, who lost what?

Hatebois = 1

Farlan devs = 0

Hatebois = 1

Farlan devs = 0

hahaha ah man.. i wonder... i so wonder...

Oh. My. God.

Hatebois = 1
    Farlan devs = 0

you call that patch bs better?
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

As Lord Sidious said "A punishment is a lesson. Learn it well." So all who wasted their money in this beta are punished indeed. I tell ya it hurts. Not the money in itself, even though I am not rich. The hurt is the betrayal of promises (read the FAQ to have a good laugh. No, forget it, it may depress you.); what hurts is also the broken dream of what it could have been.

So, we are punished, and what do we learn?

We learn, there are no miracles. Or: there is no such thing as a free lunch. Small companies have small funds and however idealistic one may be, good things need good funds. (This can't be reversed that good funds automatically lead to good games. You may say what you want, but WOW, EQ2 and pre-NGE SWG were just among the best we will ever see. Not flaweless, but based on such humbug like DDO (its ok, but very, very limited) and such disasters as DnL we learn to appreciate what those well hated companies accomplished. It's a lesson many will not like - and not likely realize, but I guess that is my answer to it.

Now you may flame me if you wish, but I take any bet Vanguard will be the next big reason for tears and teeth grinding. Take the beta rumors and the descend of the forum - its a deadly mix already.

It is a typical flaw of our days, to fall for BIGGER and MORE in advertisement. They tell us of never seen things, of giant worlds, of ultimate experiences - and we all for a time want to believe in miracles. Then, when it shows to be a cheap trick, we crucify those false priests. But we all DID want to believe, we all are equally guilty, because we wanted a miracle. And there is no such thing. What is real, is the simple and pragmatic attempt of games like EQ2, WOW or COH. They have little vision and are all together rather conservative and pragmatic attempts. They are for us as we really are, simple and down to earth. Dreams as we once thought DnL would be are only dreams about ourselves.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Originally posted by Alouisious

Hatebois = 1
    Farlan devs = 0

haha no, "I so wonder" if the fanbois posting here are just devs.

Read my post a couple above my last man, and tell me then if you think i have any sympathy for this shitfight of a release at all.

Oh. My. God.

Originally posted by Alouisious

Hatebois = 1
    Farlan devs = 0

haha no, "I so wonder" if the fanbois posting here are just devs.

Read my post a couple above my last man, and tell me then if you think i have any sympathy for this shitfight of a release at all.

sorry youre right didnt read above it,only snatched the last tiger, didnt look at the herd.