Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS 3 ! ABOUT THIS?

Mr.UnknownMr.Unknown Member Posts: 74

Plese give information for all game PS 3 etc! ^__^

Comments

• ::blank::::blank:: Member Posts: 154

all you need to know..is its not worth the price 600$ for full sytem...if you get the 500$ one there is alot of stuff taken out of it.. they dont tell you that, they act like its just the 20g/40g hd. But some functionality is taken out as well. I say..dont get one.. until some good games come out. (final fantasy 13)

if this is not what you meant..sorry.

• Xerion12Xerion12 Member Posts: 371
    Only game for PS3 i want so far is Final Fantasy 13!!  So hopefully by the time thats out, there will be a price drop. :)

• apocadallapocadall Member Posts: 64
    Seems a lot of people forget you're also getting a Blu-Ray player as well as a game console :/

I'm gonna pay the $600 for it, I think its worth it, if even just for MGS4. Final Fantasy has really started being utter garbage since FFX-2 came out, even worse now that they've switched to a real time combat system instead of the traditional combat system like FF1-10.

• MordahMordah Member Posts: 199
    Big whoop.  If I wanted a Blu-Ray player (and I don't) then I would just buy one.  Its not like the only way you can get one is to buy an overpriced video game system attached to it.  For the price of a PS3 I could also buy an XBox 360 AND a Wii...seems like a no brainer to me.
  • XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by Mordah
    Big whoop.  If I wanted a Blu-Ray player (and I don't) then I would just buy one.  Its not like the only way you can get one is to buy an overpriced video game system attached to it.  For the price of a PS3 I could also buy an XBox 360 AND a Wii...seems like a no brainer to me.

A Blu-Ray player by itself will be more expensive than the PS3

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

Originally posted by Xzaro

Originally posted by MordahBig whoop. If I wanted a Blu-Ray player (and I don't) then I would just buy one. Its not like the only way you can get one is to buy an overpriced video game system attached to it. For the price of a PS3 I could also buy an XBox 360 AND a Wii...seems like a no brainer to me.

blu-ray and HD-DVD are also two incredibly stupid mediums that I hope die faster than minidisks did.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

With the PS3 you have to keep in mind that you are purchasing a full fledged computer that is more powerfull than your home system.(Much more powerfull).

So a near 600$ price tag actually seems awfully inexpensive.

Sony still has all their same contracts for the PS & PS2. So there will be a fairly large amount of game titles that will be available.

Actually the cost of the Blu ray is only a little more than a normal CD/DVD rom to produce. However the R&D that sony put into making blu-ray was quite substantial.
  • HardtunerHardtuner Member Posts: 13
    just goto a website like gamespot theres a nice list there wiv upcoming
    games for it...im looking forward to MGS4 and assassins Creed 

• sirtrunkzsirtrunkz Member Posts: 5
    dude most of us.. ( at least me ) have all those components, just that ps3 has what... better graphics card and 2 processors.??? and blueray??? come on'.. whos' ganna pay 55 to 65 $ for a movie that is fomarted in to a blueray disk?? sony should stick with DVD9...........
  • RK-MaraRK-Mara Member Posts: 641

Originally posted by Xzaro

Originally posted by Mordah

And are 10 times better.

• ganjhitsuganjhitsu Member Posts: 43
    Yo theanimedude,
    whats wrong with mini disks?

• Mr.UnknownMr.Unknown Member Posts: 74

thanks for information

• JodandoJodando Member Posts: 280
    Meh... knowing me, I won't be able to get my hands on one for quite a while... Heck, I'm still hooked on my faithfully entertaining Dreamcast.

I find it funny, though, how the gaming industry is so rapidly expanding into other industries. PS3 is practically gonna be a home entertainment system. So to expect this console (as well as future consoles) to concentrate solely on gaming is out-of-date. The gaming industry is looking to a wider spectrum of consumers who, despite the high prices, will ultimately will end up buying the product for its versatility. I just hope they don't spread themselves too thin...