Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Challanger!! =)

SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

Hi all,

I am starting up L2, just patching now (god damn) and I just wanted to introduce myself into the community here at MMOrpg.com. I have come from WoW so yes you can flame me :/ where I had 2 level 60's a 40, 38 and 27, 22 and a couple of other toons. I have migrated for a couple of reasons, for one WoW's endgame is chronic, the Raiding MC and BWL and AQ gets under my skin, i want a game where its gonna take me awhile to level to 'Cap' and where end game isn't focused on the one thing.

Anyway I'm hoping to enjoy myself here, off to bed now while Patcher updates :/ gl and see you all in game maybe.

Rolling TEON.

Comments

• paranoidpvpparanoidpvp Member Posts: 539
    If what you're looking for is a game that takes forever to max out a single character, you just found it in its purest form.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by Speedhaak

Hi all,
    I am starting up L2, just patching now (god damn) and I just wanted to introduce myself into the community here at MMOrpg.com. I have come from WoW so yes you can flame me :/ where I had 2 level 60's a 40, 38 and 27, 22 and a couple of other toons. I have migrated for a couple of reasons, for one WoW's endgame is chronic, the Raiding MC and BWL and AQ gets under my skin, i want a game where its gonna take me awhile to level to 'Cap' and where end game isn't focused on the one thing.
    Anyway I'm hoping to enjoy myself here, off to bed now while Patcher updates :/ gl and see you all in game maybe.

Rolling TEON.

The patches are huge in L2. Each chronicle is about the size of of other companies retail expansions. You are getting about 4 Sony sized EQ expansions for free in L2.

Please read the post below this for some good opinions of the game.

Being a WoW vet may or may not be a good thing for you. If you like the easy mode of WoW you are not going to like L2 as it is a hard game on every level.

L2 is more of a "journey" type experience rather then a race to level cap like in WoW. The game "starts" from day one and never lets up. The economic learning curve is what will probably do you in like most NA players.

It is a far superior game then WoW on almost every level also but you have to work to figure that out.

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

I'm well aware of the difficulty level in L2, it is afterall why I chose this game. I want something that fits the MMO term better, I dislike how fast you can get to 60 in WoW, and I dislike the fact that all the real game is is farming MC/BWl and like said instances 7 nights a week until you fall asleep from boredom.

I think I will like L2 for some simply reasons, I can be hardcore when I want, I can level when I want and I can enjoy the more mature look to the game. Yes, I think I will like it here.

11 hours in and 86% pathced.... my god.

Originally posted by Speedhaak

I'm well aware of the difficulty level in L2, it is afterall why I chose this game. I want something that fits the MMO term better, I dislike how fast you can get to 60 in WoW, and I dislike the fact that all the real game is is farming MC/BWl and like said instances 7 nights a week until you fall asleep from boredom.
    I think I will like L2 for some simply reasons, I can be hardcore when I want, I can level when I want and I can enjoy the more mature look to the game. Yes, I think I will like it here.
    11 hours in and 86% pathced.... my god.

Then you will probably like L2. Good luck

L2 is more grind at your own pace, you don't need to sell your soul to the raid or PvP gods like in WoW.

Really pay attention to the economy once you hit the mainland (there isn't really one in the starter areas) this is what makes the game tough.

Yes its a huge patch. I think C4 alone is about 1GB. Sounds like you won't be disappointed.  

Take a look at this also

http://www.lineage2.com/guide/race_human.html 

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Hey Buddy,

I just recently started Lineage 2 about 10 days ago or so. I'm almost lvl 30, the community is great, the leveling is pretty good and it is ridiculously hard.

I've been fortunate to find some good friends that have lent me some gear that i'm paying back as I play.

Some things that will get under your skin.

The bots, the bots, and the more bots, the game is cutthroat, be prepared to be pked, lose 7% of your xp etc. Also, the prices of items are so ridiculously high that you'll feel like you'll need to be on Lineage2 welfare and that still wouldn't be enough.

Anyway, enjoy, im on Hindemith server and my char name is Qais. And torak, how's EQ2.

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 

Originally posted by Cryomatrix
    Hey Buddy,

I just recently started Lineage 2 about 10 days ago or so. I'm almost lvl 30, the community is great, the leveling is pretty good and it is ridiculously hard.

I hate to say it but you are leveling far to fast...there si no way you are going to be able to afford anything at that pace. Are you working the market? You CAN NOT survive on hunting for income. That is the mistake most of you newbies make. You expect to be able to live off hunting. It isn't going to happen.

You need to learn the market. I've pounded that home here on this site at every turn. Sure it may take you long to level but you will have the gear to match.
    I've been fortunate to find some good friends that have lent me some gear that i'm paying back as I play.

Some things that will get under your skin.

The bots, the bots, and the more bots, the game is cutthroat, be prepared to be pked, lose 7% of your xp etc. Also, the prices of items are so ridiculously high that you'll feel like you'll need to be on Lineage2 welfare and that still wouldn't be enough.

Bots are in all games bro, they are just bolder in L2. Report them. if you can, hunt them. I know it can be disheartening at times but focus on your guildies and the task at hand.

Anyway, enjoy, im on Hindemith server and my char name is Qais. And torak, how's EQ2.  EQII - a bit dry

Cryomatrix

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Great thing is that I now have fun playing while lvling! How? Raids!

One of the greatest features in Lineage 2 is the "Adventure Guild Member" who tells about all the raid monsters (there are a ton.. Ranging from lvl 20-80!).

So, if you ever feel like taking a break from lvling but want to lvl still.. Try raiding !

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• Rad_RooferRad_Roofer Member Posts: 153
    Torak, you back to playing Lineage yet??

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.simulatedsports.com

http://www.hattrick.org