Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I sense mass cancellations in june

hargravehargrave Member Posts: 329

Just watched the rehashed restuss video on the official forum. Seems like all they did was listen the galaxy report guys suggestion and added music to it. I cant wait for this come out and lagg down everyone and bug them to hell lol. The effects are so huge and so much that i just cant see people beieng able to move much when this is out the explosion i think is gonna be the finisher most might crash maybe its just me.  The video seems even worse then the ripped e3 one. Got a jedi taking out at-st 1 hit a floating AT-AT taken down by a flamethrower. I really hope this is the end of this bs when it comes out. What i would give for star wars fans to make a star wars game. NOT WOW fanatics trying to turn SWG into wow uuuugh....

We're sitting in our offices thinking of ways to upset our paying customers. I think were on track to meet that goal.

John Smedley

Comments

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    What would be even more hillarious, is when this thing goes live and when each server participates in the event, the majority of the people there crash right when the explosion happens, and they dont get to see it finish out.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• ClackamasClackamas Member Posts: 776

I don't see how they can have mass cancellations --- there is hardly any mass left to cancel.  Obriak's 4 accounts and Squidi's 16 accounts are hardly what I call "mass".  

• hargravehargrave Member Posts: 329
    LOL good point my bad...

We're sitting in our offices thinking of ways to upset our paying customers. I think were on track to meet that goal.

John Smedley

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Just watched the video... that was the saddest excuse for content I've ever seen... just wow, I've been to a dozen events better than that...

Oh, and isn't it amazing that a city can blow up taking out an AT-AT, but no one dies?

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• bugzonlsdbugzonlsd Member Posts: 410
    Oh you "sense" it huh.
  • lordkaslordkas Member Posts: 78

/sarcasm on
    I "sense" that the roll back will happen. (just my warped senses here no rumor ) After the explosion happens, everyone will be booted as the servers are taken offline and pre cu is re installed. Then a massive re-dl of files and pre cu will rise from the ashes like a phoenix of old. There will be much happiness through out the galaxy.
    /sarcasm off

If the current player base is not shaken, I will be surprised. The devs have no clue and will never have one as to how to make SWG a playable game. I feel as the OP does it may well be the end.

Lothor Crestingwalker
    Corbantis
    SWG Vet
    Subbed 7-19-03
    Cancelled various times
    I hate the NGE

• bas1889bas1889 Member UncommonPosts: 123

Originally posted by lordkas

/sarcasm on
    I "sense" that the roll back will happen. (just my warped senses here no rumor ) After the explosion happens, everyone will be booted as the servers are taken offline and pre cu is re installed. Then a massive re-dl of files and pre cu will rise from the ashes like a phoenix of old. There will be much happiness through out the galaxy.
    /sarcasm off

lol, i like the sound of that
  • War_DancerWar_Dancer Member Posts: 941

Originally posted by lordkas
    If the current player base is not shaken, I will be surprised. The devs have no clue and will never have one as to how to make SWG a playable game. I feel as the OP does it may well be the end.

Maybe it is the pessamist in me but I'd be suprised if the playerbase is effect by it much. A few more cancelations maybe but nothing significant. After all if they liked the NGE and could still keep playing after that why would this stop them? Just look at Obraik, do you think his like of the game is likely to be hit by this at all?

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    Not to mention it's kinda stupid that 5,000 years later we are suddenly fighting the Mandalorian Wars.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    Not to mention it's kinda stupid that 5,000 years later we are suddenly fighting the Mandalorian Wars.

Apart from the leaders of the two Rebel groups, I saw no Mando's in the video...

I find it funny that people are saying it sucks, etc etc when it hasn't even gone on a server yet for anyone to actually try out.  The video is a sped up version of the true event which has been said will take around 3-4 hours to complete, plus the stuff in the video is just one phase of 3 that will be part of the Restuss stuff.

• lordkaslordkas Member Posts: 78

No, I don't think his like of the game will be hit. He has stated his like of the game. I respect that. But there are others that may well voice thier displeasure after this hits. In that regard, there will be unhappiness and much anger by some. I was just agreeing with the original poster.

Lothor Crestingwalker
    Corbantis
    SWG Vet
    Subbed 7-19-03
    Cancelled various times
    I hate the NGE

• hargravehargrave Member Posts: 329

Obraik i have bridge id like to sell you...  The best predictor of future behavior is past and going by that ive seen nothing but bugged beta testing so why should this be any different ? Hell bieng negative is actually positive when it comes to galaxies now. The whole thing is just a sad sad mess. Why would an at-at come in the city first of all when it could blow it up from a distance ? LIKE THE MOVIES!! and why is there only one at-at ?  this isnt impressive in the least its just a miserable piece of crap heres how it should of been

Numerous at-at's outside restuss attacking. there useless in town as the video shows lol. more then 1 at-st that can take more then 1 saber hit. The rebels should be able to fly snowspeeders but thats another issue in itself and battlefront does it better anyways so catch 22 but same point its like wtf ?

Why vader isnt leading the invasion or involved is just pure stupidity on there half but what else is new.

less or no artillery fireworks that are useless and dont do anything but make burnt marks and cause lag.

the restuss explosion itself is miserable it looks like a battlefield 2 artillery shell hit. Yet magically the whole town turns into ww2 everyone but you dies hmm...

this is supose to impress me ? Oh wait theres the mando kotor ripoff armor that looks better in kotor then in this game yaaawn. Maybe my mando hilt will be cool doubt it since the whole idea of a mando with a lightsaber is as exciting as a ewok sith lord whos robe i could loot

John Smedley

• bugzonlsdbugzonlsd Member Posts: 410

Originally posted by hargrave

Obraik i have bridge id like to sell you...  The best predictor of future behavior is past and going by that ive seen nothing but bugged beta testing so why should this be any different ? Hell bieng negative is actually positive when it comes to galaxies now. The whole thing is just a sad sad mess. Why would an at-at come in the city first of all when it could blow it up from a distance ? LIKE THE MOVIES!! and why is there only one at-at ?  this isnt impressive in the least its just a miserable piece of crap heres how it should of been
    Numerous at-at's outside restuss attacking. there useless in town as the video shows lol. more then 1 at-st that can take more then 1 saber hit. The rebels should be able to fly snowspeeders but thats another issue in itself and battlefront does it better anyways so catch 22 but same point its like wtf ?
    Why vader isnt leading the invasion or involved is just pure stupidity on there half but what else is new.
    less or no artillery fireworks that are useless and dont do anything but make burnt marks and cause lag.
    the restuss explosion itself is miserable it looks like a battlefield 2 artillery shell hit. Yet magically the whole town turns into ww2 everyone but you dies hmm...
    this is supose to impress me ? Oh wait theres the mando kotor ripoff armor that looks better in kotor then in this game yaaawn. Maybe my mando hilt will be cool doubt it since the whole idea of a mando with a lightsaber is as exciting as a ewok sith lord whos robe i could loot

LOL, now now man, as the swg devs say "we are trying".

Mebbe they should try a lil harder tho no?

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I can't agree.

I don't think there are enough players to have a mass anything.