Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Restuss video

ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Here's the official video of the first part of the Restuss event:

http://swg.stratics.com/content/movies/swgmovie.php

Comments

• bugzonlsdbugzonlsd Member Posts: 410

restuss gets destroyed in this event huh :/

Obraik, this is coming before pub 30 right? 28 was just put in so I'm thinking yes, but since you still play maybe you could explain more about what they are doing with 29- 30 and what effect the event here will have on those pubs. Or maybe you could ask why they didnt do this after 29-30 on the official forums?

• mystitiggermystitigger Member Posts: 167

*sigh*

Times up.. and all they have is a new themepark?

::::12::

• SquidiSquidi Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by bugzonlsd

Obraik, this is coming before pub 30 right? 28 was just put in so I'm thinking yes, but since you still play maybe you could explain more about what they are doing with 29- 30 and what effect the event here will have on those pubs. Or maybe you could ask why they didnt do this after 29-30 on the official forums?

They've said that it would be coming in 29, but it might slip to 30. This event has been part of publish 29 for a while now, and they seem to have a rather significant publish coming in 29 (with the combat changes). We don't know anything about publish 30 except that it will at least include expertise trees for Jedi and Bounty Hunter (I think) - however, they have said that since the GCW is further off, they may only release two of the three trees and hit FOUR classes instead of two.

So, to answer your question, they are actually giving us more than promised in the publish plan, so this event doesn't seem to be negatively impacting the game's progress at all.
  • SquidiSquidi Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by mystitigger

*sigh*
    Times up.. and all they have is a new themepark?
    ::::12::

That's not all they have, but even if it were, that's more than they had yesterday. People complain that there's no new content, they create some new content, and then people say "that's all?" It seems to be a rather significant event with lots of new content (when was the last time the game got new armor?)

Originally posted by Squidi

They've said that it would be coming in 29, but it might slip to 30. This event has been part of publish 29 for a while now, and they seem to have a rather significant publish coming in 29 (with the combat changes). We don't know anything about publish 30 except that it will at least include expertise trees for Jedi and Bounty Hunter (I think) - however, they have said that since the GCW is further off, they may only release two of the three trees and hit FOUR classes instead of two.

So, to answer your question, they are actually giving us more than promised in the publish plan, so this event doesn't seem to be negatively impacting the game's progress at all.

Ok, 30 was the...oh thats right TREES silly me, they are putting that back in now.  You guys ever find out what happened to the , leseee what was it... the Star destroyers or whatever being put in for space that Darth Smedster promised like 6 months back? What about a master apprentice system or actually making the jump useful and specials firing correctly? I wont even mention the ....f.r.s  LOLz :P

Thanks for the info dude. :)

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Ok, 30 was the...oh thats right TREES silly me, they are putting that back in now.  You guys ever find out what happened to the , leseee what was it... the Star destroyers or whatever being put in for space that Darth Smedster promised like 6 months back? What about a master apprentice system or actually making the jump useful and specials firing correctly? I wont even mention the ....f.r.s  LOLz :P

It seems Pub 29 definetly will be including the Restuss event, which is going Live late June.

The Star Destroyer thing was never given a publish date and was always said to be a technology preview.  There is a 75-90 quest thing happening in pub 31 I think, so who knows maybe it'll be that ;)

Pub 30 is the start of the diversifcation stuff.  Helios made mention a few weeks ago that they've streamlined the process and should be able to do 4 professions per publish now.  If that's true, after 31 all professions will have their skill trees.

• XcathdraXcathdra Member CommonPosts: 1,027

Originally posted by Obraik

It seems Pub 29 definetly will be including the Restuss event, which is going Live late June.

The Star Destroyer thing was never given a publish date and was always said to be a technology preview.  There is a 75-90 quest thing happening in pub 31 I think, so who knows maybe it'll be that ;)

Pub 30 is the start of the diversifcation stuff.  Helios made mention a few weeks ago that they've streamlined the process and should be able to do 4 professions per publish now.  If that's true, after 31 all professions will have their skill trees.

And this statement alone doesnt scare the hell out of you why?

Xcathdra

Having access to a billion $ IP - Billions of dollars..
    Having access to a massive fan base of said IP - Even more Billons...
    Singly handedly alienating them due to stupidity - Priceless.

• bas1889bas1889 Member UncommonPosts: 123

actually making the jump useful

!!I JUMPED OVER A ROCK A FEW DAYS AGO!! i was going downhill and cleared it :P

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Xcathdra

Hey, if it all goes well, that would mean the smuggler revamp is in pub 30 ;)

• kymekyme Member Posts: 411

I am not impressed. This is not enough material for me to come-back. At this time Pre-CU servers are the only thing that interests me.

• tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020

Originally posted by bas1889

actually making the jump useful

!!I JUMPED OVER A ROCK A FEW DAYS AGO!! i was going downhill and cleared it :P

Sure it's useful. You can use it to jump the shark.
  • ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Did the video chug the whole way through for you? It kept halting for a few seconds then starting again for me the whole time like there was horrid lag.

What was in the video itself looks like a lot of fun. The most fun thing I ever did in SWG was the village assault phase in the jedi village. Myself and Cygnia would sit there for 3 or 4 hours just tearing through the enemy, it was intense and a hell of alot of fun and after each 45 minutes phase I was pumped up. This reminds me of that. However the AT-AT skidding through the streets and Imperial Armor getting dropped in about 5 seconds flat really took it all down a notch for me at the same time. That and them trying to make the jedi look like the alpha class again in the video.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Originally posted by Fadeus

Did the video chug the whole way through for you? It kept halting for a few seconds then starting again for me the whole time like there was horrid lag.

What was in the video itself looks like a lot of fun. The most fun thing I ever did in SWG was the village assault phase in the jedi village. Myself and Cygnia would sit there for 3 or 4 hours just tearing through the enemy, it was intense and a hell of alot of fun and after each 45 minutes phase I was pumped up. This reminds me of that. However the AT-AT skidding through the streets and Imperial Armor getting dropped in about 5 seconds flat really took it all down a notch for me at the same time. That and them trying to make the jedi look like the alpha class again in the video.

I think that's just Quicktime, it was flakey for me at first and then I opened it again later to show someone and it ran smoothly. 

The events happening in the video are sped up I think, I'm pretty sure it was said that this part will last a few hours.  Plus the Devs shooting the footage are in God mode which is why things die in a couple of hits.  The "skidding" I believe is some sorta new lag managment stuff they've put in as it happens with pets on Live currently if you're not close to them.  Hopefully they'll tweak it so it's not so obvious, but I'm not sure if I'll be noticing it since I get the impression it's going to be pretty hectic...

I think that's just Quicktime, it was flakey for me at first and then I opened it again later to show someone and it ran smoothly. 
    The events happening in the video are sped up I think, I'm pretty sure it was said that this part will last a few hours.  Plus the Devs shooting the footage are in God mode which is why things die in a couple of hits.  The "skidding" I believe is some sorta new lag managment stuff they've put in as it happens with pets on Live currently if you're not close to them.  Hopefully they'll tweak it so it's not so obvious, but I'm not sure if I'll be noticing it since I get the impression it's going to be pretty hectic...

Well hectic or not I think if an AT-AT skids up to ya you are gonna take note...

However I am glad it was just the video that had the problem and that wasn't actual gameplay lag, good lord.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Well hectic or not I think if an AT-AT skids up to ya you are gonna take note...

However I am glad it was just the video that had the problem and that wasn't actual gameplay lag, good lord.

I'll be assisting the AT-AT to take out the Webels, so it'll be behind me

Oh cool, a fellow Imperial lover.

- Scaris

• kymekyme Member Posts: 411

It is quite obvious you are imperial Obraik. The way you have defended $OE

Originally posted by kyme

It is quite obvious you are imperial Obraik. The way you have defended $OE

Move along.  Move along.

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Xcathdra

Hey, if it all goes well, that would mean the smuggler revamp is in pub 30 ;)

I dunno about smuggler now... I dared not try one post nge lol, but damn before man when I was one, all we frikkin wanted was to actually smuggle, ya know as in secretly move things from one part of the galaxy to another via some big deal with the hutts or some sort of quests that let you do this kinda stuff. 

I dont recall anyone being particularly down some smuggler skills persay until they jacked last ditch and screwed the slicing system.

So this trees thing...one tree would be for....? and the other for? I remember having two skill trees and knowing what they were for. /sigh who knows these days.

• bas1889bas1889 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    imps are noobs :/ darth vader was in corellia so i slapped him and all he did was incap me. he had to ask for someone else to fight me.