Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am tired of hearing people wanting a pre NGE server

wookieewookiee Member Posts: 151
Do you really want a bunch of Combat Medics chucking 1000 tick mind poison and disease at everyone and then being finished off with one shot from a rifleman?

Do you really want to go back to holo grinding?

Hehe why not go back to publish 1 where you dont even have a speeder? or how about Imperials owning all with THREE AT-STs in their control?

or how about when you did a bleed shot at the AT-ST and they bleed.. hehe I loved that bug.

There never was any balance and the first CU brought nothing but frustration and whining....

Let it die in peace please... somthing better will eventualy come our way.

Comments

• got2killgot2kill Member Posts: 35

em.... a pre-nge server would be nice.. or the game could just die out, either is fine

• telepriorteleprior Member Posts: 19

i would really love to let it die, if there was some other game like pre-nge/cu, but on the current market and in the near future (3-8months) there is none on the horizont

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

/opensBagOfTrollFeed

YES!!!!

I WANT A PRE-NGE SERVER!!!!!

It's wasn't perfect, but it was damn fun. The real sad thing is that everyone seemed to know what was wrong with the game BUT the Dev's, you even just listed some of the issues. They just decided to change the engine instead of chaging the Oil, DA's....

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077
    Yes, I want a pre-NGE server
    I would even ACCEPT a Pre-CU server, though I did prefer some aspects of post CU :)

Oh and by the way, Pre-CU didn't have hologrind, that's pre pub-9, which I do NOT want to go to.

I would like to see it go to a Pre-NGE setting, either Pre or Post-CU.  Preferably keeping the storyline missions because that's the one GOOD thing about the NGE.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• xPaladinxPaladin Member UncommonPosts: 741

Originally posted by teleprior

i would really love to let it die, if there was some other game like pre-nge/cu, but on the current market and in the near future (3-8months) there is none on the horizont

Right, this is perhaps one of the more fascinating perspectives out there atm.

I think flamers would care a lot less about SWG if there was a viable alternative. Unfortunately, all alternative SciFi MMOGs are not quality games (with the possible exception of AO, but AO's got so many barriers to entry that they literally can't give the game away fast enough). This results in lots of players harping on SOE and later returning to SWG.

Safe to say that when a good Sci Fi MMOG comes out, it'll very likely be a KO punch for SWG.

-- xpaladin

[MMOz]
    AC1/2, AO, DAoC, EQ1/2, SoR, SWG, UO, WAR, WoW

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by xPaladin

Originally posted by teleprior

Right, this is perhaps one of the more fascinating perspectives out there atm.

I think flamers would care a lot less about SWG if there was a viable alternative. Unfortunately, all alternative SciFi MMOGs are not quality games (with the possible exception of AO, but AO's got so many barriers to entry that they literally can't give the game away fast enough). This results in lots of players harping on SOE and later returning to SWG.

Safe to say that when a good Sci Fi MMOG comes out, it'll very likely be a KO punch for SWG.

Depends... SWG fans liked the sandbox too... I suspect the first true sandbox Sci Fi MMO that is decent will draw most of the vets away and finally end the madness.

Unfortunately I don't see one on the horizon.  I'm keeping an eye on Infinity though.... it looks promising.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094
    Since the OP only stated some of the problems Pre-cu had and could have easily overcame had the devs actualy fixed them properly. Pre-cu was the only mmo of its kind and I think the open ended skills system, best crafting system,best player economy,huge groups and inter-player dependencies, ranger,Creature handler, bio-engineer and all the other stuff SOE took away and replaced with a poor twitch based fps on a crappy bugged bunch of servers. I will also mention most of the stuff u complained about was some of the things I liked most about pre-cu, CM's were powerful but so easy to beat if u had some doc in your template, hologrind if done properly would have made Jedi rare and worthy of "alpha class" and having to explore and walk before u can run or speederbike everywhere was also a great challenge which I assume many liked acomplishing.

{(RIP)} SWG

• SquidiSquidi Member Posts: 419
    I have a question. How many people demanding a preCU server have had active accounts since launch? When did you start, and was your account active fully until the CU or NGE?

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893

Originally posted by wookiee

Do you really want a bunch of Combat Medics chucking 1000 tick mind poison and disease at everyone and then being finished off with one shot from a rifleman?

Do you really want to go back to holo grinding?

Hehe why not go back to publish 1 where you dont even have a speeder? or how about Imperials owning all with THREE AT-STs in their control?

or how about when you did a bleed shot at the AT-ST and they bleed.. hehe I loved that bug.

There never was any balance and the first CU brought nothing but frustration and whining....

Let it die in peace please... somthing better will eventualy come our way.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

So you were one of the people who were no good at PRE-CU. It is not often you see people admit this. Well, guess what. The game is primed right now for all the people who couldn't 'win' before. Hurry and run to play right now.
  • bugzonlsdbugzonlsd Member Posts: 410
    Heh I am tired of people who are tired of people who want a pre nge server.
  • MakaneMakane Member Posts: 232
    I'm tired of hearing people complain about people wanting a preNGE server...

• VexinVexin Member Posts: 297

Originally posted by Squidi
    I have a question. How many people demanding a preCU server have had active accounts since launch? When did you start, and was your account active fully until the CU or NGE?

I started before there were even mounts (had to run everywhere on the planet, which was actually kinda fun in itself).  I bailed just before the CU was pushed live.

I went back briefly late last summer to try out the CU for myself (took a break from WoW), played for about a week, and decided that, although the CU was not as terrible as everybody was saying it was, the game had lost its uniqueness.  Having had months of direct experience with World of Warcdraft, it was quite obvious to me that SWG was turning into a WoW clone.  The singular game that I knew was just not there anymore.

I have not played the game since, so I have no direct experience with the NGE.  Don't want it, though.  I don't need to find out for myself how shitty the game has become.  Just knowing that they've killed most professions, destroyed crafting, and that Jedi is now a starting profession, is enough for me to know the state of the game without paying SOE any more money to find out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    As ye SOE, so shall ye weep.

• jandrsnjandrsn Member Posts: 187

Well, I can't remember what publish was going when I started, but it was April 04ish and ran until NGE.
    The game was great, even though there were a few insane dot's, and some classes were not that great compared to others.  It had that great mix of Star Wars and a freaking great sandbox approach.

Don't feel like grinding XP, or going for 'phat loot' drops?  You could go off and just window shop on a random planet; I found a lot of great stuff that way.  Or ( I'll admit to it, I got a second account so I could try all kinds of different proffs on the same server)  craft things, or just go fishing. 

I was never a huge pvp fan, although once I went fencer-stacking for defense, tanking was fun wether I died in 10 seconds or 10 minutes.  And the community was so much fun, gathering for raids, chatting in shuttleports, catching a crafter in their house every now and then and talking about swg or real life. 

I'm really into CoH, mostly for the community, and the game itself is fun enough.  But nothing can compare to having to sneak all over dagobah to drop a harvie when the rancors weren't looking.  Sitting in a cantina or med-center and healing up after a buff wore off.  Stalking a paddie across a planet and dropping the hammer when they let their guard down.  Heck, even the theme parks weren't a total time sink, you got to see some interesting places and got a few decent rewards to boot. 

Was there stuff to fix?  You bet, but they didn't fix anything, they just decided to wait for total revamps that, in my opinion (and from the looks of it a lot of others), gutted the community and sandbox approach in, at last incarnation, was just a really crappy game that if it wasn't our old SWG and was released today as new, would be laughed at in many circles.  Change the loot tables to prevent pikeman dot's from being overpowered?  Find a way to keep jedi levels low by having some sort of mini-permadeath, so people wouldnt play them all the time (By mini-permadeath I'm thinking more like you die, you cant be the jedi for a week or 2, have to log in that other toon for a bit.) ?  Nah, we want as many friggin jedi as we can because that's all ADD ridden kiddies want. Why patch bugs for this system, when the higher ups KNEW they were going to totally change the game?  And not once, but 2 times?  Not to mention the bi-weekly nerfs which only introduced new bugs and rarely adjusted the problem they were aiming to fix..

Argh, sorry to ramble, I just really miss the pre-nge game.  This WoW-wannabe never should have happened; they should have been happy as a niche game with a stellar sandbox approach.  It was a bit more cerebral than a lot of people wanted to deal with, but it surely didn't need to be NGE'd... 

I guess I'm saying yeah, I'd love a pre nge server.  The star wars world was neat, and added a nice flavor to a game that didn't need star wars to be a great game.  It was just a great game with star wars along for the ride; and that's where I think the $oe clowns got it wrong.... 

• RabiaRabia Member Posts: 622
    I am tired of fanbois defending the simple minded crap that is NGE.

• lordkaslordkas Member Posts: 78

Pre cu, Pre cu, My bantha for Pre cu.

Lothor Crestingwalker
    Corbantis
    SWG Vet
    Subbed 7-19-03
    Cancelled various times
    I hate the NGE

• tsobabyboyztsobabyboyz Member Posts: 5
    speaking of simple minded fanboys that dont know what fun is ...star wars is bull crap with the new nge i mean seriouly instead of people WORKING hard to become a jedi what do u see? bunch of crappy newbi jedis runnin around and u get crap skills 9 profession this games ruined
  • derektoddderektodd Member Posts: 79

I am tired of people who thinks the NGE is some MMO game.

So you telling everyone you would rather play a DUMBED DOWN GAME with no complexity, point-and-click, one slap and NPC is dead kinda game????????

PRE CU with it's problems must have been worth something cause 300k people stayed loyal to it. SWG was advertised as the best MMO game and it freakin was even with it's faults. Now it is a piece of crap; you know it and everyone else. Hell look at the subscriber numbers.

So what a Combat medic could throw their deadly mind poison and kill in seconds, but dude it was the CHALLENGE of trying to kill them. I remember getting killed many times by Eleanor, THE BADDEST AHAZI CM AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME. I remember getting tore to pieces by an ATST. Yeah I got my butt handed to me but after the massive fights that lasted for hours, it was so awesome to share those stories with my friends. What is so interesting about soloing a RANCOR where you can just slap him a few times and "poof" dead.

So what we had no speeders back then, but hell when you had to walk for an hour (real time) just to get from point A to point B, it made the game more realistic.

How about when people would wait at the Lok Starport trying to recruit for a KIMO party. It was like going on an African Safari hunt. Once you got your squad together you had to send scouts out to locate a KIMO and then when found regrouped; killed a couple before running up on a kimo that sprayed deadly poison and killed off the entire group....

Dude those were freakin fun times.

• tsobabyboyztsobabyboyz Member Posts: 5
    lol no idea what to say here..
  • duggoduggo Member Posts: 387

Originally posted by Rabia
    I am tired of fanbois defending the simple minded crap that is NGE.

And some are tired of fanbois pining for the tedious, boring crap that was Pre-CU.

And I am tired of each whining about the others' posts.

The beauty of the forums is they all get a chance to speak but we don't have to pay much mind.

-d

Waiting on: Pirates of the Burning Sea and Pirates of the Carribean Online

• kymekyme Member Posts: 411

NO!!! PRE-CU FTW!!!

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Do you really want a bunch of Combat Medics chucking 1000 tick mind poison and disease at everyone and then being finished off with one shot from a rifleman?Do you really want to go back to holo grinding?Hehe why not go back to publish 1 where you dont even have a speeder? or how about Imperials owning all with THREE AT-STs in their control? or how about when you did a bleed shot at the AT-ST and they bleed.. hehe I loved that bug.There never was any balance and the first CU brought nothing but frustration and whining.... Let it die in peace please... somthing better will eventualy come our way.

Actually I was rather fond of the first CU with exception to doctors and entertainers. Was a huge improvement over the previous combat system.

And actually the hologind made the most sense for force sensitive implementation considering the timeline, so ya I would prefer to go back to that method.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• LilTLilT Member Posts: 631

I started playing about a month after launch before mounts and vehicles and was active until the cu. i resubscribed for about a month to give the cu a chance because i was craving some swg action, but i hated it and cancled before the nge announcement, although my account was active long enough to be able to try the nge when it went live. Needless to say my account stayed cancled.

PRE CU FTW.

For the Horde!

• MorriganeMorrigane Member Posts: 152

Do you really want a bunch of Combat Medics chucking 1000 tick mind poison and disease at everyone and then being finished off with one shot from a rifleman? Yeah poisons and diseases are nasty things, just ask any WWI historian about mustard gas. For me it was a touch of realism and danger that added to the immersive experience of the GCW. In any case, CMs weren't that difficult to take out. I know, I was one.

Do you really want to go back to holo grinding? Couldn't say, I never did the holo grind. I helped friends with theirs, but never had the desire myself.

Hehe why not go back to publish 1 where you dont even have a speeder? Works for me - I liked my bike, being naturally lazy, but there was a lot to be said for actually seeing the worlds I was on, inch by inch. I loved it. I was on foot the first time I came up on a herd of banthas and just stood there amazed at the size of the things.

or how about Imperials owning all with THREE AT-STs in their control? I thought it was cool - the Imps were supposed to have the numerical/tactical advantage. And that was before I saw the light and went imperial.

or how about when you did a bleed shot at the AT-ST and they bleed.. hehe I loved that bug. Yeah that was funny, being right up there with the snakes that would kick you in EQ1.

There never was any balance and the first CU brought nothing but frustration and whining.... Let it die in peace please... somthing better will eventualy come our way. Agreed, a lot of things could have been better, but for me it was playable and infinitely entertaining. For all its imperfections, it was my universe.

So'fe Sose, Naritus, SWG- Forcibly Retired
    Friends don't let friends SWG...

• wookieewookiee Member Posts: 151

Originally posted by Wakizashi

Originally posted by wookiee Do you really want a bunch of Combat Medics chucking 1000 tick mind poison and disease at everyone and then being finished off with one shot from a rifleman? Do you really want to go back to holo grinding? Hehe why not go back to publish 1 where you dont even have a speeder? or how about Imperials owning all with THREE AT-STs in their control? or how about when you did a bleed shot at the AT-ST and they bleed.. hehe I loved that bug. There never was any balance and the first CU brought nothing but frustration and whining.... Let it die in peace please... somthing better will eventualy come our way.
    ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` So you were one of the people who were no good at PRE-CU. It is not often you see people admit this. Well, guess what. The game is primed right now for all the people who couldn't 'win' before. Hurry and run to play right now.

What ?!? are you joking? I was damd good at pre cu !!!! I was master CM and master rifleman, I had the best damd poison and disease on Gorath !  I used rancor bile and fire spider venom to make crazy stuff.

Night sister hunting was REALLY FUN though I must admit... I loved my mind fire lance... my alt used that.

• MorriganeMorrigane Member Posts: 152

Not that it matters, but my first account was activated July 10, 2003 and deactived the end of Decemeber 2006.

So'fe Sose, Naritus, SWG- Forcibly Retired
    Friends don't let friends SWG...