Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What news on the new Marvel mmo?

I know the project has been sold for a year or so... is there any progress?? Anyone know?  I did a search and didn't come up with anything. I know it would sure be cool

Comments

• SpawnsageSpawnsage Member Posts: 4
    no one knows?.. lol

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508
    No idea about the progress on it.
    But most recent news was an interview with Jim Lee. He is working as a consultant, and the SOE devs also decided to base the look of the game on his style. Other than that its been very very quiet.

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

I heard itll be an fps style combat and will have "premium services" where you pay a little for items or to gain access to certain content or some other form of payment rather than monthly sub fee. Have no idea if thats true or not.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• Thunder-Thunder- Member Posts: 165
    maybe this is the fall MMORPG that SOE has been talking about. the one that is going to be free but if you pay a little more you get more benefits. Its a good possiability considering that both have not been talked about at all. Plus even though i know nothing about the game so far im already looking forward to playing, especially after i just saw X-Men III: The last stand. which i give two thumbs up.
  • damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by spookytooth
    No idea about the progress on it.
    But most recent news was an interview with Jim Lee. He is working as a consultant, and the SOE devs also decided to base the look of the game on his style. Other than that its been very very quiet.

oh good lord in heaven, PLEASE tell me soe will have NOTHING to do with a marvel super hero game and that a REAL gaming company will work on it.  please tell me you guys are just smoking some really bad weed and imagined soe was involved.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I boycott all Marvel products since they sue CoH.

I know they manage a out of court settlement with NCsoft, but my feeling are still bruised as a gamer.  I will only consider a game that would be extremely well done and successful, I won't allow them any margin for any mistake, this is the price for sueing.

About SoE: Didn't they have rights for DC instead?  I was under the impression it was MS that got Marvel rights...

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Guys Microsoft has the Marvel MMO, SoE has the DC Comics one. SoE is making the game almost exactly like Project Entropia, free to run around and stand there, but you gotta pay real money for weapons and the like.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

Originally posted by Spathotan

Guys Microsoft has the Marvel MMO, SoE has the DC Comics one. SoE is making the game almost exactly like Project Entropia, free to run around and stand there, but you gotta pay real money for weapons and the like.

woops
    your right, I had my DC and my Marvel mixed up. Jimmy's working with SOE on DC, and marvel....
    I havnt heard anything.
  • SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

I doubt either of these games will be worth buying, or playing. Both are just attempts to steal subscribers from NCsoft's CoH/V, which the odds are these games wont be worth a damn. If Microsoft has shown us anything, if the Marvel game dosent make at least as much money as all the Marvel movies have in 1 month they will shut it down or sell the rights. With the DC Comics one, if not enough people buy Batcave space or Joker Laughing Gas, SoE will continusly revamp it in an attempt to make it worth a heaping pile, and it wont work. 

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• Pride7Pride7 Member Posts: 289

Originally posted by Spathotan
    I doubt either of these games will be worth buying, or playing. Both are just attempts to steal subscribers from NCsoft's CoH/V, which the odds are these games wont be worth a damn. If Microsoft has shown us anything, if the Marvel game dosent make at least as much money as all the Marvel movies have in 1 month they will shut it down or sell the rights. With the DC Comics one, if not enough people buy Batcave space or Joker Laughing Gas, SoE will continusly revamp it in an attempt to make it worth a heaping pile, and it wont work. 

Microsoft launched AC and stuck with it for over a year and then launched the AC Expansion.  Them & Turbine didn't split ways until Turbine forced the steaming pile that was AC2 onto the market.  Can you really blame the shut down of AC2 on anyone other than Turbine?  Microsoft didn't make a bad game, Turbine did.