Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new games and raiding instances

damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
i'm curious as to how many of the new MMOs are going to have raiding instances.  raiding here being 30+ people required to successfully complete the dungeon.  actually, let's make that 20+ people required.

without really reading the games, i don't think star trek has had a bunch of raids onto planets, nor has stargate.  roma victor maybe?  conan?  just how many of the new games are going to be of the eq clone/raiding type?

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

Comments

• PantasticPantastic Member Posts: 1,204

Warhammer looks like it will have none (or none required, you're supposed to be able to gear up without doing any PVE at all), though there will be large PVP. Age of Conan seems their biggest focus will be guilds making and defending cities, but there are large-scale PVE encounters which there hasn't been much detail released on (hopefully they'll be secondary). Darkfall is supposed to be mostly non-PVE so shouldn't have any, but it's pretty much vaproware. Vanguard will definately be a raiding game, though probably not as bad as WOW, with around 20% of the content raids.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Lineage 2 has a TON of raiding now, I raid a lot.. You can level up by raiding since a lot of people raid.

But as for the new games coming out, don't really see much of raiding going on. Maybe Vanguard?

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• AphexAphex Member Posts: 194

I know that at least spellborn will have no raiding at all (the devs confirmed it). The only time you should have groups that are bigger then 8 will be during some of the pvp.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    thanks everyone for the comments.  i figured i was just missing oodles of new games that are coming out which are chock full of 10 hour+ raids, based upon comments from so many people on these forums.  so i figured i'd ask everyone to list these oodles of new raid-heavy-content games and the ones which won't be that way.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?