Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Day and Night....

SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Two screens I saw....

What do you think of the daytime sky and the nighttime sky?

Khal 1

~ Ancient Membership ~

Comments

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Love them both, although I've always liked night time better. I love that night shot, looks like a world you could really get lost in.

• GrimSkunk2GrimSkunk2 Member Posts: 451
    As do I.  And the added moon light reflecting on the water. wow.

-W.

• beautyisinbeautyisin Member Posts: 405

The night looks beautiful, this is the point i was trying to make on the WAR forum a bit of realism goes a long way, after all whats more beautiful than nature?

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

If the daytime (Khal 1) shot doesn't show up, click the little "X" to open the link.

Sorry, must have copied that wrong -- sometimes I see that screen, sometimes it is blank.

~ Ancient Membership ~

Well what do you know, i like day too.

• dunaduriumdunadurium Member Posts: 257

They are both amazing!

I like the day shot because the insane draw distance which adds so much depth and feel to the sky (the volumetric cloud helps alot too though) but the night shot simply has some great ambiance.

~dunadurium

"Silly rabbit, WoW's for kids"

• rwgober92rwgober92 Member Posts: 94
    yeah, the night sky looks better to me though.... i also like darkness better, so thats probably why =P
  • PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646
    I think the water looks crappy  I don't really know why. It looks so dry, stiff and like it doesn't belong into the world.

Went looking for water.  Some shots I really liked, others I am not so sure about -- however, started to notice that when the water is not reflecting the sky, etc., it is VERY transparent.  This would be good for underwater exploration.

Anyway, here is water which is showing waves and ripples and is reflecting the buildings and sky mostly.

Any improvement in feelings about water?

~ Ancient Membership ~

Originally posted by Phoenixs
    I think the water looks crappy image I don't really know why. It looks so dry, stiff and like it doesn't belong into the world.

? The water looks great.

Going to add screens in separate posts -- seems like I messed up the first post by pasting two screens in same post (I guess).

Here is merely a shot of the landscape with farm buildings.  In this shot I don't think the setting are cranked up all the way or that all the shaders, etc., are on.

However, overall, I like the look.  Other opinions?

~ Ancient Membership ~

Originally posted by SpiritofGame
    Going to add screens in separate posts -- seems like I messed up the first post by pasting two screens in same post (I guess).
    Here is merely a shot of the landscape with farm buildings.  In this shot I don't think the setting are cranked up all the way or that all the shaders, etc., are on.
    However, overall, I like the look.  Other opinions?

I have to say i really like that screen it's reminiscent of home, not that i live on a farm lol just that's what springs to mind. I'm going to post some of my fave screen shots it's interesting to see the differences in opinion between what people like and don't like.

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Originally posted by SpiritofGame

Went looking for water.  Some shots I really liked, others I am not so sure about -- however, started to notice that when the water is not reflecting the sky, etc., it is VERY transparent.  This would be good for underwater exploration.
    Anyway, here is water which is showing waves and ripples and is reflecting the buildings and sky mostly.
    Any improvement in feelings about water?

This is basicly the worst shot ever released of the game. I have so many complaints on this shot I don't know where to start.

First it all looks like seperate elements. Like nothing belongs together. Water. Boat. Town. Mountains. It doesn't feel like it all belongs in 1 game. It's kinda hard to explain what I feel here . It's like nothing in that picture connects, maybe because there aren't any proper shadows in the scene.

Water: It just looks wrong. Take a look at you nearest lake or the sea. It doesn't look like that. I'm not expecting "real water" ingame. But many games have managed to get much closer to what water looks like.
    The transparency seem way off. Deep sea like on that picture doesn't have a transparency like that.
    The water looks flat. Kinda looks like all the bump effects are prerendered and then played off like a animation on a plane.

For the other shot you posted. It looks "ok". But like all the other screens from the game, it feels so uninspiring. It's like the artist have said "Oh God! Do I have to place another tree?" while making it.

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as the saying goes.

I personally love the look of the water, but, hey, that's just me I guess.

~ Ancient Membership ~