Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For anyone that says ASHERON'S CALL is dead, or almost DEAD.. a letter from the AC Community Relatio

Letter from the AC community relations manager, Frelorn concerning Asheron's Call and it's future:

Hello there everyone. I hope you all had a nice weekend, and for those of us in the US, a nice long weekend. Let’s get right into what’s going on this week.

As most of you know already Digital Distribution went live last week. While I won’t give out the numbers, let’s just say that from what I have seen so far, the launch was a big success. So now you may ask… What is next? What is in store for Asheron’s Call now? Well that’s what I am here to tell you all.

In the coming weeks we will be launching an advertising campaign for Asheron’s Call. You will be seeing ads for the game popping up in many places it has never been. When the time comes that these ads are out there and live, I will do my best to point them all out so you can see what we are doing.

Is that it? Not hardly!

We want to prove to you, our loyal players that we are committed to this franchise and its longevity. One of the ways we can do this is improving server performance. So, on June 8th, 2006 we will be doing major hardware maintenance on the Database server. This means that the worlds will be down for an extended period of time. As of right now the downtime is going to be from 4am EST - 6pm EST. We know this is a long time for the worlds to be down, but this maintenance is the first step towards improving performance across all worlds.

What do you mean the first step?

You also may recall that not so long ago we did a hardware upgrade to Darktide. Well now all of the other worlds will be getting this hardware upgrade. We will be doing this upgrade on June 15th, which is also the tentative date we have scheduled for the June event, From the Darkest Depths. We do not expect any complications from this upgrade, since we have done it already, but to be prepared we are going extend the downtime window on that day to 8am EST – 6pm EST. When players log back in on the 15th, the upgrade will be completed.

There you have it. We have alot of things in store for Asheron’s Call in the coming weeks and months, and I will do my best to keep you all informed as to what is happening and when.

Well that’s about it for now. I hope you all have a great week, and see you all in Dereth!

Comments

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by MassivePvP

Letter from the AC community relations manager, Frelorn concerning Asheron's Call and it's future:
    Hello there everyone. I hope you all had a nice weekend, and for those of us in the US, a nice long weekend. Let’s get right into what’s going on this week.
    As most of you know already Digital Distribution went live last week. While I won’t give out the numbers, let’s just say that from what I have seen so far, the launch was a big success. So now you may ask… What is next? What is in store for Asheron’s Call now? Well that’s what I am here to tell you all.
    In the coming weeks we will be launching an advertising campaign for Asheron’s Call. You will be seeing ads for the game popping up in many places it has never been. When the time comes that these ads are out there and live, I will do my best to point them all out so you can see what we are doing.
    Is that it? Not hardly!
    We want to prove to you, our loyal players that we are committed to this franchise and its longevity. One of the ways we can do this is improving server performance. So, on June 8th, 2006 we will be doing major hardware maintenance on the Database server. This means that the worlds will be down for an extended period of time. As of right now the downtime is going to be from 4am EST - 6pm EST. We know this is a long time for the worlds to be down, but this maintenance is the first step towards improving performance across all worlds.
    What do you mean the first step?
    You also may recall that not so long ago we did a hardware upgrade to Darktide. Well now all of the other worlds will be getting this hardware upgrade. We will be doing this upgrade on June 15th, which is also the tentative date we have scheduled for the June event, From the Darkest Depths. We do not expect any complications from this upgrade, since we have done it already, but to be prepared we are going extend the downtime window on that day to 8am EST – 6pm EST. When players log back in on the 15th, the upgrade will be completed.
    There you have it. We have alot of things in store for Asheron’s Call in the coming weeks and months, and I will do my best to keep you all informed as to what is happening and when.
    Well that’s about it for now. I hope you all have a great week, and see you all in Dereth!

never played ac, didn't realize they were in trouble.  but from the sounds of this post and the digitial download post, it sounds like they're trying their best to deal with the number one problem players deal with in ALL mmo-s --- lag.   good on them!

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• Pride7Pride7 Member Posts: 289

"We want to prove to you, our loyal players that we are committed to this franchise and its longevity. "

Isn't that what they told Asheron's Call 2 Players right before they shut down the game?  Turbine is turning out to be a one hit wonder.  They screwed up AC2, DD0 is a waste of a license, and I don't have high hopes for LoTR online.  AC is my all time favorite MMO, with WOW a close 2nd, unfortunately it's graphics were outdated when it launched in 1999 so you can imagine what they are by today's standards.