Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

grind in RF online?

Jd1680aJd1680a Member Posts: 398

ign.com and pcgamer magazine have all the said pretty much the same thing about this game.  they talked about how this game actually discourage players from grouping.  also they said that the "real" game begins once you hit lvl 30.

one thing ign.com keep on talking about is grind.  now i dont know what is their preference is to grind.  does leveling from 1-30 take two weeks, a month, two months?  how bad is the grind on this game?  assuming if a person who have a 40 hour RL work schedule, how long will a player playing RF online get to level 30?

http://pc.ign.com/articles/698/698884p1.html

Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online

Comments

• GrimReapezGrimReapez Member Posts: 463

Originally posted by Jd1680a

ign.com and pcgamer magazine have all the said pretty much the same thing about this game.  they talked about how this game actually discourage players from grouping.  also they said that the "real" game begins once you hit lvl 30.
    one thing ign.com keep on talking about is grind.  now i dont know what is their preference is to grind.  does leveling from 1-30 take two weeks, a month, two months?  how bad is the grind on this game?  assuming if a person who have a 40 hour RL work schedule, how long will a player playing RF online get to level 30?
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/698/698884p1.html

If you play everyday, you can reach 35+ under a month.

-
    Do not hate it, but instead embrace the diversity.

• SceneGGSceneGG Member UncommonPosts: 97

u can get to lvl 30 in about 24 hrs total gameplay ungimped.

If you get into good xp groups you could power level to 40 in under a month. only problem is that this would gimp your PTs

Its the PTs that slow down the lvling, and believe me they are far more important than leveling for the first 38 levels, after that the xp slows down so much that the PTs level quicker

• tinytink2001tinytink2001 Member Posts: 42
    The level grind in this game is not the hard part.  Your Pt's wich is similar to skills in other games, is the hard thing to lvl.  In other words you gain EXP to get your HP and FP up.  Then you gain PT to make you hit harder, raise defence, stuff like that.   The PT grind is insane.  It is best to lvl all classes of pt while you are low level.   However, when your pt lvl is around 30 be prepared to grind mobs for hours to gain one level.   PT is the devil in this game. 

• JodandoJodando Member Posts: 280
    It took me a good week of rigorous playing to reach lvl 30...

But yes, PT grinding is probably the main focus (and pain) of the game.

So yeah... don't rush yourself. Last time I checked Giga 4 wasn't implemented yet... Unless I'm wrong.

In which case, why the heck am I here and not in-game??

• Sh@rdSh@rd Member Posts: 14
    Yeah lots of grinding in this one.  My favourite yet!  But that's just me, I'm pretty crazy and like my korean leveling games. :D