Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is too funny! Feb 05 - mmorpg member gets flamed and attacked for accusing "Mourning" of being

I just saw this is the overly lenghty Mourning thread which was started in April of 05. By then, most people knew that Mourning was crap. But two months earlier, when Zaxtor pointed this out, he got slammed, ridiculed, flamed and even told to shut the hell up about matter he knew nothing about! This is a VERY FUNNY thread to read, omfg!

Sorry Zax I took this from the lengthy Mourning thread to get it more visibility as it is wildy entertaining!

Read it here!

Comments

• ImperatorianImperatorian Member Posts: 1,000
    That is fantastic. What happened to him has happened to most people that were ahead of their time, I guess. If only by two months. ;p

• MassivePvPMassivePvP Member Posts: 32
    What's so damn funny is that zaxtor pretty much was the only person even making any kind of logical sense in that whole thread and he continued to fight against attack after attack and ridicule after ridicule and flame after flame and make perfectly logical statements and questions about the legitimacy of Mourning. Nobody believed him or that Mourning would turn out so sour. Zaxtor, you're my hero, hehe.

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Know the feeling. Kinda like my predictions of Roma Victor's revenue method and the fanbois over there.

I still hold to my accurate post in that Mourning thread that preordering is STUPID.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Ouch, I'd be interested in hearing from all the people who flamed him right now.

Looks like a few of them would get pwn'd...

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

{Finally takes the "dunce" hat off and looks around...}

Are they still insulting me saying Mourning is great - OR - ...Is it clear yet? ::::01::

- Zaxx

• komarrkomarr Member UncommonPosts: 214

KHAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  err, sorry..

ZAXTOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dare defile the good name of The Tormented Realms of Mourning....err, whatever the name is this week...and then show you hideous face ..um...typing...here?!?!?  Have you no shame?  It will never be clear for you as long as one deluded fanat...err...brainwashed...umm ...true believer (yeah, that's the ticket) stands ready to flay deceased equines in your general direction!  (Hey, cut em some slack, it's not like they have a game to play.)  I can't believe they are still flogging this.  If the folks still trying to work on this had a lick of sense, they would shut down for a couple months, change all the company, game names, etc, and start over.  Then e-mail the 9 people still drooling at the gates waiting for this game the new names and beta spots as long they don't tell anyone else that it used to be Mourning.

The Moving Finger writes, and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

~Omar Khayyam

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

LMFAO. Love it. "Then email the 9 people still drooling for this game" eh? Hehe. Actually, that is exactly what they should do. Shut down, then simply email the people still wanting this garbage.

Ofcourse, you KNOW that they will still try and hype that bloodline BS. So any new mmo that comes out that is hyping a key feature as perma-death and then your avatar becoming the child through a bloodline will reveal its true identity immediately. So even it the new name is called "Panty Wars", then we will all know that it is egomancer and good ol' Tiamat hard at work once again, heh.

Personally though, I think that they would be MUCH more successful trying to rip people off in a completey different way. Maybe they could set up "Ice Cold Lemonade" stands all over their own country an charge people like 95 cents a cup. Maybe they could set up pre-orders the day before the buyer actually gets the lemonade. Then come delivery day, they could instead give the buyer a cup of hot steaming piss. Hey, it would still be a yellow liquid and would somewhat resemble lemonade so they could even show pictures of it on their new website! And it would definately be as close if not closer to lemonade as Mourning was to a great new mmo. If the buyer then complained about the end result being sold a cup of hot piss instead of the promised lemonade, well they could always refer back to their handy dandy website where they had it written buried in some forum that the 95 cent charge was actually for the cup, and that the yellow liquid inside was free! So therefore, all paying customers are entitled to no refund what-so-ever as they could not possibly accept pissed in cups as returns.

I honestly think that my above mentioned plan would make them TONS more cashflow than they will ever make trying to re-release the steaming pile of crap that is/was "Mourning". ::::20::

- Zaxx