Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NPC death

SealcowSealcow Member Posts: 10
I have posted a question about this on the official forum for the game and gotten only one response so far; as a guess, of course, would you figure slain npcs respawn or stay dead?  In the (it seems to me anyway) certain case that they at least eventually respawn, how quickly?  Thanks!

Comments

• MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

I've yet to play a MMORPG where a developer has given away respawn times for any particular mob or object. It's not info they make public. Why would they? It's for them to know and you to find out, essentially.

• GrimSkunk2GrimSkunk2 Member Posts: 451
    THe death of an NPC usually will result in a respawn, though I am not 100% sure how it will work in RV as I do not yet play it.

Perhaps, after you kill the NPC and they respawn, their name is regenerated so it seems like a different NPC each time: though I doubt that'd happen.

At any rate, I'm not who you really want to hear from as I haven't a clue to the actual answer, so I'll shut up now.

-W.

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by Sealcow
    I have posted a question about this on the official forum for the game and gotten only one response so far; as a guess, of course, would you figure slain npcs respawn or stay dead?  In the (it seems to me anyway) certain case that they at least eventually respawn, how quickly?  Thanks!

Are you referring to NPC's that you hire, as in tho guard your home or shop, or NPC's that you kill for some purpose?   I would guess that the hired ones would stay dead and the others would respawn at some point.  Just seems to make sense. 

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295

From the Community Questions:

6. Will there be NPC perma-death, even including quest NPC's?

Yes.

http://www.roma-victor.com/community/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1171

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth