Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo IV Disables Player Trading Thanks To Gold And Item Dupe Exploit | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2023 in News & Features Discussion

imageDiablo IV Disables Player Trading Thanks To Gold And Item Dupe Exploit | MMORPG.com

Earlier today, Blizzard suspended player trading in Diablo IV thanks to an item and gold duplication exploit in the game. Despite the 1.1.2 patch today, trading is still disabled.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Mr.GutsyMr.Gutsy Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Ban them all
  • ValdemarJValdemarJ Member RarePosts: 1,297
    Hahaha, so people who said I was whack to compare these jokers to Amazon Game Studio.... guess I wasn't so wrong.

They aren't the same, but Blizzard has more than 2 decades of engine, franchise, and online experience. They should be showing everyone else how it's done, or at least setting some standards.

The problem with Blizzard is rotten management and corporate culture and an arrogance that presumes they know what we want better than they do. The Diablo team sure as hell can't run a live service game well.
    RaagnarzValdheimAsm0deusJeroKaneLTBK
  • RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 638
    edited August 2023

ValdemarJ said:

Hahaha, so people who said I was whack to compare these jokers to Amazon Game Studio.... guess I wasn't so wrong.

They aren't the same, but Blizzard has more than 2 decades of engine, franchise, and online experience. They should be showing everyone else how it's done, or at least setting some standards.

The problem with Blizzard is rotten management and corporate culture and an arrogance that presumes they know what we want better than they do. The Diablo team sure as hell can't run a live service game well.

That and all the actual talent with passion for making, and playing, games is long gone from the company. All thats left is diversity hires, which they hang out to dry with youtube videos, and corporate shills. None of which have the slightest idea what actually makes a good game good.
    ValdemarJValdheimgastovski1JeroKaneLTBKMyrdynn
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,325
    Oh man I missed all this dupe fun in the midst of moving. Damn.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,493
    Funny things is this along with trading between season and non season characters...lmao

....and people were skeptical.
    ValdemarJ

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,493

ValdemarJ said:

....snip....

heh lol I said the same but lets just queue you know who....to the defense of this overpriced game.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 8,035
    They might have lost a lot of talented people in their workforce.
    ValdemarJ

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,528
    Game sucks donkey ass! Honestly Blizzard has lost it!
    Sarla

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 7,015
    edited August 2023
    kitarad said:
    They have! All people with talent have quit long time ago. Most quit right after the original Blizzard Management left the company.

I said long ago that Blizzard doesn't exist anymore.  It's just ActiVision now.

Just the fact that a scam of a game that is Diablo Immortal was released by this studio, should tell you enough about current state of affairs.

It's hilarious, but the last Season of Diablo 3 will be a hell lot more popular than Season 1 of Diablo 4.
    But I just can't be bothered anymore. I have uninstalled both Diablo 4 + other games... the whole Battle.net launcher. I am done with this farce of a company.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 23,540

JeroKane said:

kitarad said:

They have! All people with talent have quit long time ago. Most quit right after the original Blizzard Management left the company.

I said long ago that Blizzard doesn't exist anymore.  It's just ActiVision now.

Just the fact that a scam of a game that is Diablo Immortal was released by this studio, should tell you enough about current state of affairs.

It's hilarious, but the last Season of Diablo 3 will be a hell lot more popular than Season 1 of Diablo 4.
    But I just can't be bothered anymore. I have uninstalled both Diablo 4 + other games... the whole Battle.net launcher. I am done with this farce of a company.

Same as EA and Bioware, I can remember when an EA executive predicated they would change the Bioware name about a year after they were acquired. That corporate branding idea got dumped, why buy if not for the Bioware brand? But it is just a name, you don't have to keep the same people within your new development wing.

ValdemarJ said:

Come on, the number of dupes in NW the first couple of months exceed this. It is not a good look, but considering the interest in the game it is hardly surprising.
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 377
    There is already a private server for this *game*
    Asm0deus
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    My sympathies to all of you poor players in this thread who were so badly inconvenienced by the trading stoppage.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 23,540
    There is already a private server for this *game*
    Ok you got me, why did you put "game" in asterisks?
  • GermzypieGermzypie Member UncommonPosts: 122
    I quit D4 to play Palia.......what has the world come to?