Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More great “Progress” from Caspien

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
This may be the saddest thing he has ever shown.  We went from this 7 years ago:
https://youtu.be/we2BAo-QVP4

To this today:
https://youtu.be/YrZHBPCCL1M

I think CoE is the MMO equivalent of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

OldKingLog

Comments

• OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    edited April 2023
    This may be the saddest thing he has ever shown.  We went from this 7 years ago:
    https://youtu.be/we2BAo-QVP4

To this today:
    https://youtu.be/YrZHBPCCL1M

I think CoE is the MMO equivalent of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Wait! This games has DOTS!!?? He should have said! Well shit I'm in!!!!

Kyleran
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    What the hell how the hell did it go from vid one to vid 2. It is definitely regressing.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    edited April 2023
    This is my favorite part of his explanation: 

Second, Unity and Unreal are both licensed engines. The Soulborn Engine is client agnostic, without knowledge of either Unity or Unreal. Using a Unity/Unreal viewer as part of our core development pipeline would force anyone using the Soulborn Engine also to have a license to the chosen game engine. This way, we can license the Engine w/o forcing other developers to use the same client and without us having to develop two different viewers for each possible license.
    BrotherMaynard

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I agree with the comment on that video saying he should be in jail.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

edited April 2023
    Someone sent me this possible sneak peak at the PvP in game:

strawhat0981KyleranBrainy

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    edited April 2023
    This is my favorite part of his explanation: 

Second, Unity and Unreal are both licensed engines. The Soulborn Engine is client agnostic, without knowledge of either Unity or Unreal. Using a Unity/Unreal viewer as part of our core development pipeline would force anyone using the Soulborn Engine also to have a license to the chosen game engine. This way, we can license the Engine w/o forcing other developers to use the same client and without us having to develop two different viewers for each possible license.

I don't think contract law works the way he thinks it does.

But then again, I don't think game development works the way he thinks it does, either.

cheyane said:
    What the hell how the hell did it go from vid one to vid 2. It is definitely regressing.
    Don't be so small-minded, Caspian moves at cosmological scales. As we can see in these videos, his work captures the inevitable progress towards entropy. 

KyleranSlapshot1188

Don't be so small-minded, Caspian moves at cosmological scales. As we can see in these videos, his work captures the inevitable progress towards entropy. 

I shall always remember this quote form the Kickstarter:

We also promised to only go to Kickstarter once we had a playable demo (combat demo released at PAX East) and substantial development to show. This is not just a concept that we're presenting. 
    Kyleran