Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turtle WoW is not allowed to be a topic because its not a paid sponsor

Turtle WoW....I'll not buy into it should be on the emulator category. Watch and see this topic will be removed from the pub before you can say Jack Robinson. 

Turtle WoW is huge and growing and its FREE and here to stay.  mmorpg.com is doing this community a very big injustice.

I'll bet this topic will be moved within 2 hours,.... PLACE YOUR BETS NOW  :p  

A big injustice, to all of us. 
DibdabsBabuinix

Comments

• UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 1,139
    Well, regardless of if people or even staff agree with you or not, there are ground rules on such topics.

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/445710/must-read-ground-rules#latest

Big hangup there being, WoW is still a live game.

Perhaps a place to start on that end would be to consider if the rules should be amended in some way? There is a potential liability to be held in advertising rogue servers for live titles since it opens up the concept of damages to profit and legal backlash for the platform.

Dunno how one might amend the rule to work around that.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited April 2023
    Uwakionna said:
    Well, regardless of if people or even staff agree with you or not, there are ground rules on such topics.

Perhaps a place to start on that end would be to consider if the rules should be amended in some way? There is a potential liability to be held in advertising rogue servers for live titles since it opens up the concept of damages to profit and legal backlash for the platform.

Then why is it allowed to be in the emulator category ?

If what your saying were true their wouldn't be an emulator category at all, their trying to hide topics such as this, because it's not a paid sponsor.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Turtle WoW....I'll not buy into it should be on the emulator category. Watch and see this topic will be removed from the pub before you can say Jack Robinson. 

Turtle WoW is huge and growing and its FREE and here to stay.  mmorpg.com is doing this community a very big injustice.

Turtle WoW is allowed as a topic, in the appropriate section of the forums. Be happy that section is provided. Such discussion could have been banned outright instead.
    WhiteLanternCelcius
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

https://forums.mmorpg.com/categories/private-emulated-server-discussion
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited April 2023
    I see they left your post about Turtle WOW patching alone last Nov when it was posted in the emulator sub forum.

There was only one WOW freeshard the site Admins officially said they would look the other way on, back in 2016 which predated the release of Classic.

Otherwise, the rule is no talking about emulators for live games and it's their right to enforce it or not.

You aren't wrong, they definitely are protecting themselves financially, in order to not piss off a potential advertiser or not receive a "Cease and Desist" order from AV, who have shown in the past they will do if properly motivated.

This all makes sense, consumers do not have a "right" to play someone else's game for free, or with functionality that differs from the available product, especially when in this case Blizzard went out of their way to bring back the vanilla experience.

And yes, this thread will likely be locked as it's against the rules to make threads which complain about the moderation.

:)
    SovrathUwakionna

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ChampieChampie Member UncommonPosts: 169
    Well, I miss the articles that promoted "Discounted" Software like Windows 10 for only 5.99, etc.
    Tillerstrawhat0981
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    They used to ban you if you even said the word emu or emulator here; so the fact that you can even discuss it now is better than that outcome.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564

I'll hold off for Yertle the Turtle Wow.

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    How about the Molten Warmane?
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Jack Robinson.... it's still there!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 1,139
    Uwakionna said:

If what your saying were true their wouldn't be an emulator category at all, their trying to hide topics such as this, because it's not a paid sponsor.
    If that's the case, your post is then a rather curious stretch of the imagination. Emulator discussions go in the emulator category, no?
    Arglebargle
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    If Blizzard was smart they would embrace the whole vanilla+ movement and make an editor that people could use and provide official support for servers. Like a Roblox version of WoW. Epic did it for Fortnite and it looks awesome.

eoloe

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Uwakionna said:
    Uwakionna said:

If that's the case, your post is then a rather curious stretch of the imagination. Emulator discussions go in the emulator category, no?

"...a rather curious stretch of the imagination."  ;)   That's the case for many of the OPs topics.
    delete5230Dibdabs

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited April 2023
    Uwakionna said:
    Uwakionna said:

"...a rather curious stretch of the imagination."  ;)   That's the case for many of the OPs topics.

Not that I have a problem with him, I find his posts entertaining but most of them try to be somewhat contentious in nature and contain a seed of an indirect challenge to the mods to put him a time out corner for posting the topic even if it's not a very controversial subject; like this thread.

It just screams "notice me" but comes off as edgy as Kosmo Kramer who typically bumbles into any mess he finds himself in.

The bans usually happen suddenly when he doesn't expect it, like really crappy RNG ...and the Mods come in and are all, "not today Kramer".

He's gone for a bit, comes back, states how they are trying to hide the truth, we are all like "who is they?" rinse repeat. It's pretty funny.

Post edited by Tiller on
    delete5230Dibdabs
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    This my first time hearing of Turtle WoW. Does it have Old AV unlike Classic WoW? Thats what I been wanting. Old AV

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited April 2023
    This my first time hearing of Turtle WoW. Does it have Old AV unlike Classic WoW? Thats what I been wanting. Old AV
    It's PACKED SOLID 24/7, just like the old days of vanilla in 2004 and 2005. And just like the old days the chat announce that an new battle ground has begun.  However I don't play it as often with my main character is only 47 so I haven't been able to get to 60  for AV.... Infact I think I'll play a battle ground today.

If I get a chance I'll log in and ask a few level 60's how strong is AV been played. 

Thanks for the idea, I'll make getting to 60 a goal to play it and other battle grounds, however My health isn't the greatest now.

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

I suggest you visit their site, easily found with a search. There is a great deal of information on what the server offers specific to them. Also, there are many YouTube videos available that are informative as well. I expect those sources will answer most if not all the questions you may have.

I think you will find it worth your time.
    Gorwe
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428

I suggest you visit their site, easily found with a search. There is a great deal of information on what the server offers specific to them. Also, there are many YouTube videos available that are informative as well. I expect those sources will answer most if not all the questions you may have.

I think you will find it worth your time.

Yes, it would appear they added quite a bit of content. Custom content btw.