Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheWorld Opens Pre-Registrations Ahead of April Launch | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2023 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheWorld Opens Pre-Registrations Ahead of April Launch | MMORPG.com

XLGames has opened pre-registration for North and South America for ArcheWorld, the upcoming blockchain MMORPG from the developer of ArcheAge. 

Read the full story here

Comments

• mitech616mitech616 Member UncommonPosts: 51
    They're not "negative stereotypes" about blockchain games. They're NEGATIVE FACTS. These projects are nothing more than developers taking advantage of the NFT fad, hoping gamers will be willing to drop hundreds (of not THOUSANDS) of dollars for digital game assets.

It's predatory, and shouldn't be supported in any way.
    OldKingLogHJ-NavarreGamePlay4UValdheimScotetlarIselinAndemnonstarstorm777Margraveand 8 others.
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    mitech616 said:
    They're not "negative stereotypes" about blockchain games. They're NEGATIVE FACTS. These projects are nothing more than developers taking advantage of the NFT fad, hoping gamers will be willing to drop hundreds (of not THOUSANDS) of dollars for digital game assets.

Yep they just become pissing pools for whales and everyone else may as well fuck off.
    ValdheimAndemnonMcSleaz
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

tidsdit said:

Can someone explain how nft’s differ from digital items (item shops) that are already in games?

Isn’t it essentially the same thing, except you’ll actually own a particular item or gear?

If this is the case, I like the idea. It creates an opportunity to have rare gear or items that nobody else has.

Google IRS rules on NFT collectibles.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• sabrefoxxsabrefoxx Member UncommonPosts: 157
    The moment I saw blockchain I immediately lost interest.
    ApridiseAndemnonstarstorm777dragonlee66McSleazPetitSoldatKelador
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    Marking this day in my calendar, finally my time has come and I'm gonna be rich!

/s
    AndemnonultimateduckMcSleazKyleran
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited March 2023

mitech616 said:

To be fair to Christina that is what XL Games said not her, which I am sure you realise; this line also shows the staffs position in my eyes:

"When it comes to blockchain MMOs, there is lingering skepticism based on what audiences have seen before, as well as questions the format presents."

Also as much as I would like NFT's to be a fad they are here to stay, nothing that a studio can make money from ever goes away.
    Sovrath
  • waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 511
    edited March 2023
    nothing that a studio can make money from ever goes away
    Sovrath

Godz of War I call Thee

I disagree with that statment, decent fun well made MMoRPGs went away and you cant tell me one wouldnt make money
    McSleaz

Godz of War I call Thee

sorry about the above 2 posts supposed to be together but I am very sick this morning and cant seem to get anything right

Godz of War I call Thee

• UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 1,139
    edited March 2023

tidsdit said:

Can someone explain how nft’s differ from digital items (item shops) that are already in games?

Isn’t it essentially the same thing, except you’ll actually own a particular item or gear?

If this is the case, I like the idea. It creates an opportunity to have rare gear or items that nobody else has.

Google IRS rules on NFT collectibles.
    I would also qualify you don't own the in-game assets to any greater degree than in traditional game design.

You "own" a code on a ledger that at any moment could change to mean nothing.

It's just the legalized version of gold/loot farmers where the company gets to skim off some profit from the third party market, fostering another version of whale-based economy.
    ScotIselinMadBomber13McSleazKyleranPetitSoldat
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited March 2023
    Uwakionna said:

It's just the legalized version of gold/loot farmers where the company gets to skim off some profit from the third party market, fostering another version of whale-based economy.
    Worse than that. By including and promoting it as a desirable game feature it is also a calculated attempt to promote acceptance of 3rd party item sales as normal gameplay instead of the sleazy and dodgy thing they are which undermines the "even playing field" concept that legit gaming relies on.

So it's not like saying, "OK, dammit, you can now sell items to each other for cash" it's promoting that and attempting to sanitize it with meaningless tech jargon that makes it seem like you're doing something else instead of just the same old shit of buying power for cash,
    MadBomber13AndemnonMcSleazKyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Asian grinder AND Blockchain BS... sounds WONDERFUL!
    starstorm777McSleazKyleran
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • AndemnonAndemnon Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Blockchain, NFT's, just no, even if the game was going to be good, which i severely doubt, i would not touch it on that basis alone. So its not just a 'No' its a 'Hell No'.
  • KrylosKrylos Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Hi, so we created a game that went under because it was too pay 2 win and the game was ruined.

We're here to let you know that were creating the SAME game, but with cryptocurrency this time!
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    Smeaghoul said:
    Be warry of any game with Arche in it's title

What I was going to say.

But this one is new and improved! And you can get a second one FREE! (just pay a separate fee).

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• richrem1richrem1 Member UncommonPosts: 129
    I've heard NFT's being a scam working like this:
    You are sold a position in a que that goes to nothing, but along the way you see some pictures that neither belong to you nor the person selling the NFT.

Another one is:

You are sold a receipt of items that someone else purchased.

Does that cover it?
  • MazenealMazeneal Member UncommonPosts: 143

tidsdit said:

Yeah.....so cool, and then when the servers turn off? What then? Don't have access to the game you paid for but GD still got your Mythic Cloak of the Buttplug woohoo!