Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extremely long page load times... like a minute + per page

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
Did you forget to feed the hamster(s)?
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Well whatever it was, it's back to normal now.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I think they were doing an update earlier today, the site was down for a bit.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Scot said:
    I think they were doing an update earlier today, the site was down for a bit.
    It was never actually down for me, just extremely slow as if all of the hamster power was taken up by some herculean task running in the background.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Yeah, google told me the site didnt exist and loaded up a page from the Wayback Machine
    Scot

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 556
    Yeah, google told me the site didnt exist and loaded up a page from the Wayback Machine
    Well this is concerning. We did a major server change recently, and are still working on a migration for the forums, so the Hamsters are a bit slow/confused right now. I'll make sure the devs see this, though, since we do kind of want Google to notice us, lol. Cheers all.
    Slapshot1188
  • StevenWeberStevenWeber MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 110
    Greetings MMORPG friends,

All of our hamsters are accounted for and fed. We have gone through some backend infrastructure changes recently. We now have a goat on a treadmill. Unfortunately, we are still going through some growing pains, which appears to include some of these slowness or temporary downtime hiccups. 

As always, if you're able feel free to send me a message if issues persist, but I think things should be back up and running smoothly for the time being. 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Happy posting! 
    Scot
    Who needs hamsters! :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Let's here it for Goat Powered!

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
    I can confirm the goat has died , the front end is missing some css  for typography on the front page
  • StevenWeberStevenWeber MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 110
    I can confirm the goat has died , the front end is missing some css  for typography on the front page
    Greetings and thank you MMORPGer,

Can you post what you're seeing here perhaps, so we can ship that on back to our backend team? The goat is thankfully alive and well and eating our tin cans, he must have just wandered off for a bit. Goats these days...  

Happy posting!
    OG_Solareus
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    edited March 2023
    Refreshing pages have resulted in a number of 'Need to resend info' pop-up messages from Firefox this afternoon.  I think the goat may be occasionally distracted.

edit:  Also a lot of 'Document Expired' messages.  Nothing crippling, just annoying.

Additional edit:  Every time I use the Back arrow to navigate the browser on any page, I get the Document Expired message with a 'Try Again' button.  Pressing the button gives the 'Need to Resend Info' popup.  Using the F5 to refresh the page also gives the 'Need to Resend'.  Just navigating this site is getting very frustrating.

Post edited by Mendel on
    Scot

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
    I would look into a cloudfire mailware
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Goats eat everything including paper.
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    Goats eat everything including paper.
    Don't say that, someone will decide we all need one at home for recycling. :)
    cheyane