Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online 2 Grapples with Server Attacks and Security Concerns | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2023 in News & Features Discussion

imageMortal Online 2 Grapples with Server Attacks and Security Concerns | MMORPG.com

Mortal Online 2 by Swedish developer Star Vault, has been facing a series of server issues and security concerns recently.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 635
    I really despise people who attack sites. I really really think that people who pick on small, independent games deserve special places in hello
    strawhat0981KyleranKroxMalon
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    This game is a mess. The studio is a mess. They had a major security breach a few years back if I recall, I assume now everything has switched to Steam since then? Because they used to sell the game directly.

That said, if someone is DDOSing the servers and/or hacking them those people are the scum of the earth and should be arrested. Until people get serious and highly publicized jailtime for stuff like this they will keep doing it.
    Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

This game is a mess. The studio is a mess. They had a major security breach a few years back if I recall, I assume now everything has switched to Steam since then? Because they used to sell the game directly.

That said, if someone is DDOSing the servers and/or hacking them those people are the scum of the earth and should be arrested. Until people get serious and highly publicized jailtime for stuff like this they will keep doing it.

Anyone can hire a DDoS BotNet for like $100 a day so its unlikely that people will be doing hard time anytime soon for a small game like Mortal Online 2.

Why would someone DDoS attack a small game like Mortal Online 2? Maybe someone lost a guild war or something and wanted revenge.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I'm for bringing back thumbscrews for those convicted of hacking...

IselinDigDuggyKidRisk

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• milayskymilaysky Member UncommonPosts: 39
    If they can't fix sht like on the first MO, may just fake DDOS them self and blame the "others" for not fixing sht.
    Blowfeld81
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    edited March 2023
    Good to get this stuff out the way while the games still in Beta and has no sub fee.

Personally I play every day and I have not had issues. The games good fun if you're not an over sensitive cry-baby that throws the toys out the pram when the FPS drops by a frame or another player kills you.
    Kyleran
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    KroxMalon said:
    Good to get this stuff out the way while the games still in Beta and has no sub fee.

Personally I play every day and I have not had issues. The games good fun if you're not an over sensitive cry-baby that throws the toys out the pram when the FPS drops by a frame or another player kills you.
    Beta?

It launched a year ago and there is no wiping.  Their sale page says nothing about it being Beta.  As a matter of fact they say Beta ended a year ago.  

It's just that the game is in such bad shape they can't charge a sub.

But that's taking us a bit afield.  I think the key part here is that if someone is actually DDOSing them and hacking them, those folks are scum and should be prosecuted.

Kyleranmaskedweasel

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    While some posters here might not be having server issues a quick look at the official Mortal Online 2 sub reddit shows than many active players have, which even a Starvault employee acknowledged by saying players had a right to be upset at the issues they've been experiencing.

Slapshot1188Blowfeld81

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 1,139
    DDOsing MO2 is just mean. That's like picking on the disabled kid at the playground.
    maskedweaselBlowfeld81