Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo IV's 'Early Access Open Beta' Is Live Today, Seeing Long Queue Times Just To Get In | MMORPG.

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2023 in News & Features Discussion

imageDiablo IV's 'Early Access Open Beta' Is Live Today, Seeing Long Queue Times Just To Get In | MMORPG.com

Diablo IV's Early Access Open Beta has started today, bringing players back into the hell-torn world of Diablo to get a glimpse of what the full release will show in June. The beta though has not been without struggles, though, as long queue times and crashes have plagued the test.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    Was playing just fine then randomly kicked with now a 93 minute que time.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    Yeah I'll wait for release.
    achesomaenesisxlr8McSleaz

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Progress made will not be wiped?
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    No point in waiting for queues when it's all getting wiped anyway.
    hoenens1FrodoFraginsAndemnon
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
    hoenens1 said:
    Progress made will not be wiped?

All getting wiped come June 6 for official launch.
    ScotTruvidiennAndemnon
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Get those server issues ironed out for us next week!

All together now: Stress, stress those servers.

:)

Meanwhile, in D3 land...  I've just finished unlocking the full season altar for the second time -= this time in hardcore mode, and just got my 4th class (Wiz, Monk, Necro,DH) to GR 120.

Seriously though this D3 season is better than any in living memory. You need to unlock the various seasonal buffs: some + power and some just QOL... like pets picking up and salvaging whites, blues, and yellows also DBs and rift progress orbs, no level requirement for gear, etc.

All of these require performing some focused task (e.g. crafting an ancient legendary hellfire amulet) that does a better job of disguising the grind.

If this is the last D3 season, they're going out with a big bang.
    strawhat0981GarrickDRZenJellyachesomaHengist
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I'll just wait for the offline single player version.
    IceAgestrawhat0981McSleazMensurAndemnonGorweSensaiDelondialRadoo

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited March 2023
    I played all day and barring taking a couple tries to log in at first, in the first hour, then one DC in the next I had no troubles the following hours, I logged out as my hands are hurting, sucks being old!

Made lvl 17 and taking a break, will likely play a bit more tomorrow at least  to lvl 20

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• emperorhades1emperorhades1 Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Regardless of the server situation, not one part of the beta was memorable for me. Generic bosses at the end of dungeons, generic quests, no real theme when trying to do story, distractions everywhere. Bloat is bloat. Let me kill and tell the story as I leave a path of demon blood. I don't want to craft my potion upgrade, gather herbs, mine ore, go find statues. Kill, loot, repeat, everything else is a distraction.
    FrodoFraginsIceAgeKrisConwayTruvidiennAndemnonRadoo
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
    Diablo needs to change with the times. Bigger and better games have come out in the 23 years since Diablo 2, and Diablo 3 was a joke. Seasonal engagement is going to be the most important part of their business model what with the fact that they're selling season passes. There need to be incremental gatekeepers (i.e. the endgame boss ladder in PoE), engaging reasons to continue to replay maps on higher difficulties (not the bounty system), etc.; with any luck they've got plans for all of this. A beta where we can only get to half the level cap isn't going to tell us that though. Have to wait and see.

What is playable now is a solid foundation. But plenty of games these days launch with "a solid foundation" without anything on top to make it worth sticking with.
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,435
    I'm gonna reserve my judgment until I play necromancer. I'm not sure about others but I did notice ALOT of leggo drops, so maybe they are trying to make up for DI lol.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Kumapon said:

What is playable now is a solid foundation. But plenty of games these days launch with "a solid foundation" without anything on top to make it worth sticking with.

Yeah I think it will take a year after release for them to improve itemization and endgame enough to excite me.  But I'm sure more casual ARPG players can enjoy it at launch.
  • waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 507
    so what, this is not a single player game?
    IceAge

Godz of War I call Thee

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    edited March 2023
    too much AAA for me!
    too clean, the ambiance was not here.
    and it has a little side "mobile mmo" i cant explain.
    also, it seems to be configured to play with controler, not very keyboard friendly.

POE2, please, save the genre! :)
    IceAgeZenJelly
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    edited March 2023

hyllyh said:

too much AAA for me!

also, it seems to be configured to play with controler, not very keyboard friendly.

Mobile Game?!

I think you played so many mobile games that you..can't tell the difference anymore?

D4 is a very, very solid game. The ambiance is right there actually. The animation, the skills are amazing. I'm actually impressed about it. The sound is AWESOME, including the themes.

Not very keyboard friendly?! Yup..too much mobile game you had and..kinda forgot how to use keyboard and mouse lol.

Let's pray that the end game lives up to be amazing.

strawhat0981SovrathMcSleazHiromant

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

hyllyh said:

too much AAA for me!

Did you mean to post this in a Lost Ark thread? Because it's all standard Diablo configurations as far back as I can remember.
    Hengist
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,267
    It took an hour for my que but I was able to play a bit. It's solid. Class progression is a bit linear, at least initially which is kind of expected.

It did not feel like a Diablo game. It just felt like an ARPG. That may be good or bad, depending on who is playing I suppose, but I did not get a nostalgic Diablo feeling when playing.
    achesomaZenJelly
    edited March 2023
    I quite enjoyed the game, I like the main story so far and found it interesting and quite enjoyed the ambiance of the game.

I tried out sorc and while I am not a huge arpg fan, due to the movement controls, I see myself coming back to play this.

I am going to try using a controller since it appears some people say it works well maybe it will help my hands from hurting.

Now I dunno if it was just me sucking but a couple of the boss fight had me having to redo and switch up my skills to be able to beat the end boss.  Played mostly using ice and lightning but I kind of dislike that it cost to respec.

Going to the gym with my boy in a few and will be  playing a bit more when I get back,  I have yet to try playing this coop and wonder if that is possible and how well it works?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

edited March 2023

Asm0deus said:

I quite enjoyed the game, I like the main story so far and found it interesting and quite enjoyed the ambiance of the game.

I tried out sorc and while I am not a huge arpg fan, due to the movement controls, I see myself coming back to play this.

I am going to try using a controller since it appears some people say it works well maybe it will help my hands from hurting.

Now I dunno if it was just me sucking but a couple of the boss fight had me having to redo and switch up my skills to be able to beat the end boss.  Played mostly using ice and lightning but I kind of dislike that it cost to respec.

Going to the gym with my boy in a few and will be  playing a bit more when I get back,  I have yet to try playing this coop and wonder if that is possible and how well it works?

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of sorc in previous versions cause it usually comes down to blizzard meta, but I did come across a legendary that let me spawn an extra hydra and man that made that class hella fun to me. I essentially used that and with the extra skill slot thing, I used hydra in it so it'll spawn an extra hydra after using 300 mp and boy it was pretty good. That plus of course blizzard ontop, plus you can have your fire skills immobilize targets on occasion was like a playing necro to a small degree (since no permanent pet). All in all, the system seems to have some decent customization for at least a month or 2 which I feel is worth the price point, but to each their own. But I do say that before playing necro next week, so my mind may change after some hands on with it since that's the main reason I play Diablo games (I didn't even touch 3 until Necro came out in reaper of souls).
    Asm0deus
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Not sure why people aren't answering you but "yes" Diablo 4 can be played "single player." It apparently offers and open world that you can explore with other players.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited March 2023
    Sovrath said:

Not sure why people aren't answering you but "yes" Diablo 4 can be played "single player." It apparently offers and open world that you can explore with other players.

I played it solo but in the world and towns you see other players which can be handy when fighting some of the "world" bosses and some random guy runs up and helps kill it.  The drops are unique to you so you only see your drops not other players drops.

You can add friends and join clans, I dunno how running main quests and dungeons works though as I haven't tried to coop.
    Kyleranstrawhat0981

• TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320

Dattelis said:

I'm gonna reserve my judgment until I play necromancer. I'm not sure about others but I did notice ALOT of leggo drops, so maybe they are trying to make up for DI lol.

Yeah my Barb is one item short of full legendary gear.
    Dattelis
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118

Dattelis said:

I am 21 on my Sorc and I have 4 Legendaries only. RNG is RNG it seems ! :)
    Dattelis

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

edited March 2023
    IceAge said:

Dattelis said:

I am 21 on my Sorc and I have 4 Legendaries only. RNG is RNG it seems ! :)

I forgot the name of the currency you get from random events, but you can use that at a vendor to fish for legendaries for certain slots if you want (except rings and neck I think). Sad part is that uniques end up being better after a bit, but I think at 25 you get the legendary catalogue extraction thing like in D3 (there's a thing you can use to change a legendary into an aspect which I think is different).
    edited March 2023
    OMFG it's so much easier for me to use a controller over KB+M,  no more cramping hand and muscle memory having hit W to move...LOL
    strawhat0981Kyleran