Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo IV: Getting My First Tattoo At The Diablo Hell's Ink Event In Dallas | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2023 in News & Features Discussion

imageDiablo IV: Getting My First Tattoo At The Diablo Hell's Ink Event In Dallas | MMORPG.com

Did Emily travel seven hours to stand in line to get a free Diablo-themed tattoo? Yes. Yes, she did. And she has zero regrets about the experience.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,456
    I always thought about getting a necromancer themed tattoo but always worried people wouldn't know what it meant if they ever saw it.
    Jensyn
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818
    edited March 2023
    Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
    Don't get edgelord tattoos, it's not worth it when you are an adult, even worse when you become a granny with tattoos.
    Samhael
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited March 2023
    I liked your article very much. It conveyed all our feelings and your choice of tattoo was very well chosen. I am happy that you had such a good experience with your first tattoo. Mine was quite large and quite painful because of the position it was in and I also unfortunately developed a horrible allergy to a colour in it (red) and had to have that colour removed. Believe me when I say that was a very nasty experience and was more painful than the actual tattoo because it was inflamed.
    Post edited by kitarad on
    JensynKyleran

• JensynJensyn Member UncommonPosts: 158

Dattelis said:

I always thought about getting a necromancer themed tattoo but always worried people wouldn't know what it meant if they ever saw it.

Do it! It's your body, and you're getting it for you not them. Who cares if they don't! :)
    McSleaz
    Bookmarks are for quitters. 

Look at the hand of the guy... You don't need a stupid tattoo, you need to drop the cookies and get on a treadmill you morbidly obese beaver.

I'm flattered that you made an account just to comment because you are so concerned about my health! Thanks for reading, but maybe dig a little deeper next time to read between the lines. As I stated, I've been taking kickboxing, have gained weight because of personal health issues that have NOTHING to do with cookie intake or food at all, and - I'm a girl!
    kitaradScot
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited March 2023
    Look at the hand of the guy... You don't need a stupid tattoo, you need to drop the cookies and get on a treadmill you morbidly obese beaver.
    Anonymously insulting people on the internet is sad.

Lacking basic reading skills so you think Emily is a guy is more sad.

Cowardly creating an alt account because you lack any kind of character to actually stand up for what you say is even more sad.

The real insult is your presence, not what you say.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    kitaradOldKingLogJensynmmoloulotrloreHengistSplattrIselinScotcheyaneand 1 other.
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Don't get edgelord tattoos, it's not worth it when you are an adult, even worse when you become a granny with tattoos.

Bless your heart! I already have a personal relationship with God, and he was with me every step of the way. I think he'd be very proud of how far I've come. This tattoo held some personal symbolism for me, so I don't find it edgy. And there are some badass grannies with tattoos! I think taking care of them and getting them touched up is very important.
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    lahnmir said:

Cowardly creating an alt account because you lack any kind of character to actually stand up for what you say is even more sad.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmor

Who would have thought a little tattoo would upset people so much in this day and age.
    JensynTiller
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmor

Who would have thought a little tattoo would upset people so much in this day and age.
    He would have a stroke if he saw the size of mine….

Then again, perhaps he already had a stroke which makes him write stuff like that.

Also good job Emily, lets focus on you getting an awesome tattoo and having one hell (hahaha) of an experience.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Jensyn
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Dattelis said:

Put it where no one will see it then.
    Jensyn
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited March 2023
    I am a granny with tattoos several actually and I am very happy with them. Why would you associate a tattoo with the devil. What a dumb association. Certain cultures their religions have tattoos like in Central India. They're Hindus with tattoos. My grandmother had them. The Maoris too.
    Jensyn

• SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543
    Sounds like an awesome adventure. With the Quest For The Edgelord Tattoo completed, let's add up the experience points, shall we?

Getting engaged - 1000xp

Getting engaged to a guy who willingly gave up his weekend time with you and supported you on your epic quest - 10000 bonus xp

Making a 7 hour trip to a strange new land without using fast travel points - 100xp

Rolling a nat 20 on your social skills check to overcome the -3 modifier from the Introvert trait and talking to the other people in line - 500xp

Going through with actually getting your first tattoo (btw, I hear the ink was infused with magic that grants the bearer of the tat a +1 to all stats) - 500xp

Sharing your story with all of us (sounds like you are more Bard subclass than the stereotypical backstabbing assassin Rogue) - 500xp

Effortlessly and elegantly deflecting attacks from internet trolls with kindness and smiles - 10000xp

Let's see....yep, looks like someone just leveled up!
    kitaradJensynWhiteLanternScotSovrathcheyane
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Grats Emily, best diablo fan story ever!

I got my first at 55 (almost 20 years ago now) but my story was not nearly as cool as yours.
    Jensynmaskedweasel
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited March 2023
    I love a fan story we just don't get enough of them on here, or for that matter on any gaming media site. Fan stories seem to have got relegated to Twitter burps which is a sad development.

I liked the way you picked a tattoo that meant something to you, I have never had a tat but I would just go "Oh that looks good". :)
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited March 2023

Dattelis said:

They would just think you want to Raise the Dead...Muahahaha!

Seriously, if people are going to be that silly should you care what they think?
    Tattooing is an extremely personal choice that one does mostly not on a whim and I really loved what the OP described and my grandmother came from a  very low caste in India when she came to Malaysia where there is no caste system that system unfortunately was still practiced subtly in raised eyebrows and refusal of Indian families to accept relationships between people of different caste. I guess you can take the Indian out of India but not the discriminating practices.

She was never ashamed of her inks and it was always on display on her arms. They weren't very elegant designs just some geometric designs in green ink but she never hid them.

Here's a video for you all to get a better understanding of tattooing in India.

JensynSovrathSplattrcheyane

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2023
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Still have the 1970s KFC logo tattood on the bottom of my foot
    ScotkitaradSovrath

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• budzibudzi Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Getting a tatoo from a company accused of sexual harrasment all across. What a great idea.
    Sovrath

budzi said:

Getting a tatoo from a company accused of sexual harrasment all across. What a great idea.

I'm very sorry my experience affected you this much to promote leaving this comment. I don't see this tattoo as being from the company, just as anyone else who maybe has a Harry Potter tattoo doesn't associate it with Rowling at this point. Plenty of people have Cthulhu tattoos, but that doesn't mean they hold all of Lovecraft's problematic views.

I got this tattoo because of the symbolism, as explained in the article, and because of the stories, memories, and strength associated with it.
    SovrathValdemarJ
  • ValdemarJValdemarJ Member RarePosts: 1,101
    Jensyn said:

budzi said:

I'm very sorry my experience affected you this much to promote leaving this comment. I don't see this tattoo as being from the company, just as anyone else who maybe has a Harry Potter tattoo doesn't associate it with Rowling at this point. Plenty of people have Cthulhu tattoos, but that doesn't mean they hold all of Lovecraft's problematic views.

I got this tattoo because of the symbolism, as explained in the article, and because of the stories, memories, and strength associated with it.

Our current social climate could stand a lot more "live and let live" and a lot less judgy judgement. In my opinion, you shouldn't have to explain or justify yourself to anyone else just because they have a different viewpoint and sling and mud.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited June 2023
    I'm more left of center than most, but uh... I just don't see the value of morally judging people for the art they like. I don't think liking Diablo, Warcraft, Harry Potter, Rurouni Kenshin, Rick and Morty, or any other IP with a controversial or even criminal creator in any way makes you a worse person. They generally didn't make their art with the goal of making people's lives worse, after all. But conversely, I reckon shaming people for liking the media that makes them happy does make you a worse person.

There's really no such thing as ethical consumption. Any company you do business with employs a dickhead somewhere, and probably pretty high up the chain at that. 
    Kyleran