Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nvidia Announces New DLSS 3 Supported Titles, With Diablo IV and Redfall to Launch With DLSS 3 | MM

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2023 in News & Features Discussion

imageNvidia Announces New DLSS 3 Supported Titles, With Diablo IV and Redfall to Launch With DLSS 3 | MMORPG.com

Diablo IV and Redfall are two of the newest announced additions to Nvidia's list of games that include DLSS 3 support. Both of those will launch with DLSS in June and May, respectively.

Read the full story here

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    And there was a guy in here who said DLSS "sucks" , because quality image lost LOL.

DLSS, especially 3, is a game changer for the better. Coming to D4 is no surprise. I have RTX 3060ti , so that will be DLSS 2, but I am sure I will have twice the FPS with it enabled with almost literally, no quality image lost.

Bring it on!!
    emperorhades1SensaiAsm0deusIselin

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• emperorhades1emperorhades1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    You know what isn't coming to d4? A good loot system, mercenaries, runes, the original skinny druid, anything innovative. But, it is nice to see they are giving it the poor man's graphics upgrade.
    IceAge

You know what isn't coming to d4? A good loot system, mercenaries, runes, the original skinny druid, anything innovative. But, it is nice to see they are giving it the poor man's graphics upgrade.

Based on your previous comments, seems you are hating D4 ..no matter what.

Well, is not for everyone. Go and play D2 or whatever.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

• OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
    people though disco balls where game changers... fad is fad as DX will eventual roll out a shader that is supported in xbox's next gen and eventually make nvidia obsolete.
    Angrakhan
  • WordsworthWordsworth Member UncommonPosts: 166
    DLSS has been very good since the second iteration and is fine for single player casual games. I don’t think I would ever use it for Diablo or any other online game that really benefit from as close to zero latency as possible.

What ever happened with FSR? Wow added it at one point(I think?)and it was the talk around gaming and then silence?
    Iselin
  • AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,164
    edited March 2023

people though disco balls where game changers... fad is fad as DX will eventual roll out a shader that is supported in xbox's next gen and eventually make nvidia obsolete.

Let's see... How long have the Xbox, DX, and Nvidia been out? Yeah if MS was going to make Nvidia obsolete they would have done it years ago. Actually they just would have acquired them.
    Andemnon
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited March 2023
    CAUTION: 35+ MINUTES ATTENTION SPAN REQUIRED

https://www.techspot.com/article/2546-dlss-3/

Asm0deusPr0tag0ni5t
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Microsoft / DirectX doesn't have any interest to do that. AMD and Intel are the ones who are spending millions to develop DLSS competitors to sell their own graphic cards. Microsoft has been pretty neutral about allowing all three of them develop whatever they choose.
    Andemnon

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Iselin said:

Oh look iceage can take his feet out of his mouth now cause technically dlss 3 does add lesser quality frames even if you may or may not see it at times.

IselinJeroKane

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
    Angrakhan said:

Let's see... How long have the Xbox, DX, and Nvidia been out? Yeah if MS was going to make Nvidia obsolete they would have done it years ago. Actually they just would have acquired them.

my apologies. "making nvidia DLSS obsolete" through a DX rendering .
  • Mr.GutsyMr.Gutsy Member UncommonPosts: 87

Iselin said:

I watched the whole thing. Paid attention to 20% of it. Conclusion? DLSS 3 ain't worth it.

⸂⸂⸜(രᴗര๑)⸝⸃⸃
    IselinIceAge
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Mr.Gutsy said:

Iselin said:

I watched the whole thing. Paid attention to 20% of it. Conclusion? DLSS 3 ain't worth it.

⸂⸂⸜(രᴗര๑)⸝⸃⸃
    It's interesting tech and has its pros but it also has obvious cons. It ain't magic.
    Asm0deusIceAge
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

Attention : 99% of the people using DLSS3 will likely not see any difference while they play games. 

Yes, the video is very informative and I appreciate it. But ..that's it. Most , if not all gamers will see no issue while playing the game. 

The only downside I see is the...latency...but not for your..usual gamers.

"What about the latency issue? - Unless you play a competitive multiplayer game and you take it extremely seriously, I do not think the latency issues actually matters" 

There. That's .. literally all you need to know about DLSS 3 Frame Generator.  

Mr.Gutsy said:

Iselin said:

⸂⸂⸜(രᴗര๑)⸝⸃⸃
    Ain't worth it?

So you would rather play a game at .. 50 FPS and not at 100 FPS because ... ? 

• ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Nvidia continues to lead the GPU market with innovation. And developers have jumped on. For good reasons.
    edited March 2023
    Chaserz said:
    Nvidia continues to lead the GPU market with innovation. And developers have jumped on. For good reasons.
    Most of the haters in here are old guys, still crying for their Atari FX. They can barely see the difference between 60 fps and 100 fps, but they cry that..latency lol...or are AMD lovers. There is literally zero, and I mean zero reasons not to be happy for such technologies, if you are a gamer. 

• ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818
    It doesn't matter how good or realistic games look or how much FPS people are getting. All it matters is how fun the games are and are those games in question just a live service ripoff or some honest title made to be played 50 years from now?

I know I said numerous times how I'm against GAAS (games as a service) and how I think that it's pretty easy to ship D4 as two separate clients - one for offline and one for online, but what I want to ask anyone in the community willing to answer is this:

"What does Activision benefit from making the game Online-Only and what does the end user benefit from that? What happens when one day they shut down the server and leave the biggest fans of D4 out in the cold?"

For me live service games are the way they are because the people behind them are greedy and don't want the game to exist in a way that people can enjoy it without them making money off of it. And I'm not talking about pirating the game, but rather that the game needs to be online-only so that Activision can be the sole benefactor of anyone who makes microtransactions and when they decide to stop getting those, they shut down the servers and nobody can give them money.

I see literally no other reason for this. I can agree for MMORPGs, like WoW, even though there are tools to host your own localhost WoW server for single player and there is a plugin to create AI characters that you can control for that server, but for a game where you want to play single player offline, that is just messed up. I just don't get it. Do I need to pay $1,000,000 to Activision so they send me an offline copy?