Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter's Next Module is Menzoberranzan, Launching on March 28th | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2023 in News & Features Discussion

imageNeverwinter's Next Module is Menzoberranzan, Launching on March 28th | MMORPG.com

Neverwinter's next module, Menzoberranzan, will be out on March 28th on all platforms. The team announced details about the module, which will conclude the storyline from R.A.Salvatore and Geno Salvatore.

Read the full story here

Comments

• urriel1970urriel1970 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    wonder how much ill have to pay for this to
    Scot
  • SarlaSarla Member UncommonPosts: 316

I was just thinking about checking this game out again, then you said that and I came to my senses..
    McSleazDattelisJeroKanePetitSoldat
  • OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
    edited March 2023
    I've been enjoying myself a great deal in the game. P2W is the new module for f2p. I will say ythough it is very easy to farm rough astrall diamonds. Most everything can be bought on the market. The biggest grr is you can only refine 100k r. diamonds a day.  But once you get rolling, you will easily be making a 1 million Astral Diamonds every 10 days.

Also like to thank Cryptic Support, they are the first support that actually resolve an issue in a positive light for me in 2023.

Post edited by OG_Solareus on
    DattelisPr0tag0ni5tKyleran
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Sarla said:

I was just thinking about checking this game out again, then you said that and I came to my senses..

The game has been trash for years. It became more trash in 2021 when they nerfed characters, it became even more trash in 2022 when they nerfed the level cap to 20 and removed some zones from the game.

The game is now on life support, if anyone want to play a D&D MMORPG, they better play DDO, it's much closer to what D&D stands for.
    Kyleran

Sarla said:

The game has been trash for years. It became more trash in 2021 when they nerfed characters, it became even more trash in 2022 when they nerfed the level cap to 20 and removed some zones from the game.

The game is now on life support, if anyone want to play a D&D MMORPG, they better play DDO, it's much closer to what D&D stands for.

this is 100% inaccurrate.
    NeblessTokkenPr0tag0ni5tKyleran
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

If they do like they did with the last module they released, everyone no matter what their item level is will be boosted to do it for a week. So NOTHING.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,454
    I've been enjoying myself a great deal in the game. P2W is the new module for f2p. I will say ythough it is very easy to farm rough astrall diamonds. Most everything can be bought on the market. The biggest grr is you can only refine 100k r. diamonds a day.  But once you get rolling, you will easily be making a 1 million Astral Diamonds every 10 days.

Also like to thank Cryptic Support, they are the first support that actually resolve an issue in a positive light for me in 2023.

You forgot that most stuff on the market is in the millions range and you'll be lucky to find anything for under 1M....but hey some people dont value their time like others.
    Kyleran
    edited March 2023
    Dattelis said:

You forgot that most stuff on the market is in the millions range and you'll be lucky to find anything for under 1M....but hey some people dont value their time like others.

wrong again.

Full set Alliance purple 1600 rated under 50k
    Griphon purple mount 30k

Of course Legendary and mythic stuff is in the million, it should be
    of course account wide mounts are in the millions.

common sense seems to be prevailing with the community as a whole. If something is crap is in the millions, it's probably being parked because of inventory space or a RMT.

BEfore you go on a wild tangent on RMT, 0 gold spam, because it really isn't a business for it for how easy rough diamonds are to farm.  Do 2 random dungeons you almost at 100k rough diamonds. Right now I have to do old quests and they are feeding me 5k rough diamonds each. 22quests with 18 giving 5k rough diamond, I made 90k rough diamonds in leasss then an hour.

everything you've described must've been from years ago.

but hey, some people are just ..
    ValdheimKyleran
  • ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    I haven't played this game for maybe 5 years and was able to resist the urge to play any of the newer add ons but reading the word Menzoberranzan in the headline made my eyes go wide open. Homeland from The Dark Elf Trilogy was my first fantasy novel and it will always have a special plac in my heart. I think I'm gonna give this a try just out of curiosity
    OG_Solareus
  • KaliGoldKaliGold Member UncommonPosts: 130
    More people live in my house than play this game and I live alone.

It had potential but they didn't listen to the right people over the years and they put all their eggs into Magic Legends and it really hurt NW.

Being on all platforms have helped keep it going and they do the bare minimum for new modules. Campaign zones with Heroic Encounters.

Kyleran
  • caalemcaalem Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Tried this game a few times including at launch and never understood the appeal. DDO is easily the better game if you care about D&D, and still a pretty darn good game even if you don't — amazing "quests"(what DDO refers to as entire instanced areas, typically quite massive.)
    And if you don't care about D&D, well, there's a lot better themepark MMOs than this.

The contrast in quality between Neverwinter & Star Trek Online is a bit staggering. STO is very good.
    Kyleran
    edited March 2023
    caalem said:
    Tried this game a few times including at launch and never understood the appeal. DDO is easily the better game if you care about D&D, and still a pretty darn good game even if you don't — amazing "quests"(what DDO refers to as entire instanced areas, typically quite massive.)
    And if you don't care about D&D, well, there's a lot better themepark MMOs than this.

The contrast in quality between Neverwinter & Star Trek Online is a bit staggering. STO is very good.

I'm the opposite. DDO is horrid. DDO combat is the most boring and unimagined combat of any game I've played.

I will also say, I've not logged in Neverwinter for around 3-5years, and everything was there. even my skill bar was untouched. SO Cryptic has that win over SSG since my DDO account was tied to my LotRO Life time account.

Standing Stone Games can't shutter fast enough imho.
    edited March 2023

KaliGold said:

It had potential but they didn't listen to the right people over the years and they put all their eggs into Magic Legends and it really hurt NW.

Being on all platforms have helped keep it going and they do the bare minimum for new modules. Campaign zones with Heroic Encounters.

absolute lie. This is as populated as ESO. You should go play Age of COnan to get a better sense of what maintenance mode is.
    Post edited by OG_Solareus on
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    I enjoyed this game a while back. Might give it a go again.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

KaliGold said:

absolute lie. This is as populated as ESO. You should go play Age of COnan to get a better sense of what maintenance mode is.
    Yeah, you probably shouldn't have gone there, I was sort of believing your take about the game vs the detractors until this statement which makes all your claims seem questionable.

You have any links to evidence of the truth to your claim?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited March 2023
    When I see Menzoberranzan it immediately brings to mind the first few pages of Homeland from the Dark Elf Trilogy and perhaps the best series in that setting. I can still get goosebumps when I recall the magic of his description of that underground city. It's majesty and wonder and hiding underneath the dark efficient and necessary evil.
    OG_Solareuscheyane

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Kyleran said:
    Yeah, you probably shouldn't have gone there, I was sort of believing your take about the game vs the detractors until this statement which makes all your claims seem questionable.

If you're asking about Age of Conan being in Maint. Mode, it has been since 2017

https://mmofallout.com/funcom-ends-major-updates-for-anarchy-onlineage-of-conan/
    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/461958/death-of-a-game-age-of-conan
    and was announced via Funcom back in 2017 when they announced only VIP's were going to keep getting account support.
    OG_Solareus

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

edited March 2023

Kyleran said:

KaliGold said:

I looked on steam chart

eso 14k neverwinter 1k .

Weird how Neverwinter feels much happier and I guess that is what make it feel more populated :) I rather play with 1000 happy people then 14k not so happy people.

I feel like the AH is good scale to population because everyuything I put up so far sold. I still have tems sitting eso markets for 2 + years now.... I'm not afraid to be wrong.