Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weird cross-promotion for Diablo 4

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
No joke

Clog up your arteries AND get a beta key for the early access beta in a few days.

US only though

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

OldKingLogfinefluff

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Yeah.. I saw that and I think it looks gross.

What I found interesting is that most of the pre-order bonuses (and all of the ones that come as standard) are for games other than D4...

Iselin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited March 2023
    When food memes become actual menu items.....WTF is that?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,456
    lol it reminds me of an old commercial for some restaurant back in the day where this guy had a 'salad' with so much meat and cheese on it that you could barely see lettuce and his wife stays at him but he says "hey its still a salad!"
    Kyleran
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    As long as you can't get a KFC in game (that would be lore stupidity), I'm OK about this sort of cross over, not that I would eat one mind you. :)
    Scot said:
    As long as you can't get a KFC in game (that would be lore stupidity), I'm OK about this sort of cross over, not that I would eat one mind you. :)
    Wasn't it WoW that had a tie in where you could order Panda Express in game?

Scot

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited March 2023
    Scot said:
    I can remember putting that on a list of WoWs lore abuses and one of our posters replied "At least the Pandaran had some lore behind them" and the thing was that was true, some of the other stuff I mentioned they had just skated over lore wise. :)
  • WordsworthWordsworth Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Scot said:

Don’t remember that but I think EverQuest had /pizza command for ordering dominos
    Slapshot1188SovrathMendel
    Scot said:

Don’t remember that but I think EverQuest had /pizza command for ordering dominos
    Think it was EQ2
    Tiller

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Dunno I would give that a try, nothing wrong with fried chicken, bacon and cheese!
    WhiteLanternKyleran

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    Well they certainly understand their customer base.

IselinScotKyleran
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Yeah.. I saw that and I think it looks gross.

What I found interesting is that most of the pre-order bonuses (and all of the ones that come as standard) are for games other than D4...

Also, as I understand it, this is a lesser beta than the open beta coming the following weekend in that the Necro and Druid are missing from this one.

They should be giving you a Lilith action figure instead :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Asm0deus said:
    Dunno I would give that a try, nothing wrong with fried chicken, bacon and cheese!
    With gravy :)
    Asm0deusOldKingLog

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    Robokapp said:
    Dattelis said:
    lol it reminds me of an old commercial for some restaurant back in the day where this guy had a 'salad' with so much meat and cheese on it that you could barely see lettuce and his wife stays at him but he says "hey its still a salad!"
    when i go to Mongolian BBQ, i go to salad bat and get just a bowl of bacon and cheese... 

I know you meant to type bar, but now I'm twisting my brain wondering just what the heck a Salad BAT would look like.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Robokapp said:
    Dattelis said:
    when i go to Mongolian BBQ, i go to salad bat and get just a bowl of bacon and cheese... 

I know you meant to type bar, but now I'm twisting my brain wondering just what the heck a Salad BAT would look like.

Weird cross between a Fruit bat and Paleo?

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Iselin said:
    Asm0deus said:
    With gravy :)
    And a Diet Coke, to please the responsible adult hidden somewhere inside of you.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    In my old age I am grateful for two things it would seem . I dislike cured meats of any kind and carbonated drinks. It may have saved my health. I have never eaten sausages or ham and I avoid all these burger joints. I eat meat but not cured in any form. I suppose it is because I am very attached to my South Indian cuisine and am a horrible coward where food is concerned.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    kitarad said:
    In my old age I am grateful for two things it would seem . I dislike cured meats of any kind and carbonated drinks. It may have saved my health. I have never eaten sausages or ham and I avoid all these burger joints. I eat meat but not cured in any form. I suppose it is because I am very attached to my South Indian cuisine and am a horrible coward where food is concerned.
    So what you are saying is you've lived a very long time...but have never really lived either.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Kyleran said:
    kitarad said:
    So what you are saying is you've lived a very long time...but have never really lived either.

;)
    South Indian food is very hot food but you're right . When I was younger and went around to many countries with my husband he would constantly lament my inability to eat any meat. We drown our meat within an inch of its already dead life until the meat only tastes of the spices. So eating in any European country 30 years ago meant I could only pick the one salad on the menu.

However since I'm Malaysian I have quite an interesting choice between Malay, Chinese and Indian food. I have tried to eat a bit of ham, sausage (that went badly) and once BBQ meat and without slathering the BBQ meat with Lingam's Chilly Sauce I was unable to eat the meat. That's pretty pathetic as my kids and husband constantly remind me. Nowadays I have no problems because you can get vegetables only in many, many countries.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2023
    kitarad said:
    Kyleran said:
    kitarad said:

;)
    South Indian food is very hot food but you're right . When I was younger and went around to many countries with my husband he would constantly lament my inability to eat any meat. We drown our meat within an inch of its already dead life until the meat only tastes of the spices. So eating in any European country 30 years ago meant I could only pick the one salad on the menu.

However since I'm Malaysian I have quite an interesting choice between Malay, Chinese and Indian food. I have tried to eat a bit of ham, sausage (that went badly) and once BBQ meat and without slathering the BBQ meat with Lingam's Chilly Sauce I was unable to eat the meat. That's pretty pathetic as my kids and husband constantly remind me. Nowadays I have no problems because you can get vegetables only in many, many countries.
    I work with a number of Indian workers, some who are vegan, others who enjoy meat, especially chicken or fish.

But when it comes to beef or processed meats of any kind many have shared they got quite ill after trying to eat some for their first time so clearly it's something which one might have to grow up eating.

I feel the same way about seafood...yuck...  :#

Sitting down now to enjoy a Philly Cheese Steak...with added bacon.  ;)
    kitarad

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    I think some of you guys needs to..I don't know, get out more?

Seeing this as "gross" or "weird" , actually makes you weird...at least.

Nothing wrong with this advertising. Move on, don't buy and don't .. look? ..if you don't like it.
    Iselin

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

IceAge said:

Nothing wrong with this advertising. Move on, don't buy and don't .. look? ..if you don't like it.
    How would I know if I liked it or not if I didn't look?

Sorry if not liking the greasy meat bun sandwich offended you.

IceAge said:

Beta key for a game from a fast food chain. Not a game key, not an in-game item. A beta key for a weekend beta preview 3 months before the game's release.

Happens all the time for all games. Nope. Nothing to see here.

Coming next week: alpha weekend key for Star Citizen with every tube of Preparation H. Definitely also not weird.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    IceAge said:

Thats all you read into? "Don't look"? What about "Move on"? or .. "Don't buy" it ? 

Fine if you don't like it. Seeing it gross for an advertising is whats wrong with you and not ..not liking it.

Iselin said:
    IceAge said:

Beta key for a game from a fast food chain. Not a game key, not an in-game item. A beta key for a weekend beta preview 3 months before the game's release.

Happens all the time for all games. Nope. Nothing to see here.

Coming next week: alpha weekend key for Star Citizen with every tube of Preparation H. Definitely also not weird.

So?

Grow up "dude" and move on already. Geez! 

Yes, Beta Key from a fast food chain. Carry on .. 
    Slapshot1188

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

IceAge said:
    IceAge said:

Thats all you read into? "Don't look"? What about "Move on"? or .. "Don't buy" it ? 

Fine if you don't like it. Seeing it gross for an advertising is whats wrong with you and not ..not liking it.

Once more.  I cannot "Move on" until I looked.  I looked and didn't like it and made a single 1 line statement around it. 
    Again, sorry if my dislike of the greasy meat bun sandwich offended you. I will try not to criticize  greasy meat bun sandwiches in the future when I think you might read my post.