Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't login

VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
edited March 2023 in Help Desk
EDIT: Fixed, logging in works again, at least for me /EDIT

Bug/Tech problem: For some reason I can't login to MMORPG.com. The website looks like it accepts my username and password and proceeds forward, but even after that I'm not logged in.

Tested with: Win 11 + Chrome, Win 11 + Edge and Android + Chrome. All have same problem.

When I tested with laptop (Win 10 + Chrome) that had my old session and cookies saved it bypassed the problem: I was logged on to this website without needing to login.

When I tested logging on with wrong password I got an error message which my previous login attempts didn't generate, so it doesn't look like any problem with my password.

EDIT: Creating a new account doesn't fix the problem: I was able to create a new account but had the same problem of being unable to login with it.

Post edited by Vrika on

Comments

• ChampieChampie Member UncommonPosts: 169
    uh, forgive me if this is ignorant, but...

you are logged in and you just created a thread. So....? 

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited March 2023
    Champie said:

The laptop is still logged in.

Could someone who has more than one browser do a test: Can you switch to your other browser, and then test if you can login with the "Sign in" or "Login" buttons on this website?

I'm asking only for people with multiple browsers, so that in case it doesn't work you'd still be logged on with your first browser and be able to post about the problem.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Vrika said:
    Champie said:

Could someone who has more than one browser do a test: Can you switch to your other browser, and then test if you can login with the "Sign in" or "Login" buttons on this website?

I'm asking only for people with multiple browsers, so that in case it doesn't work you'd still be logged on with your first browser and be able to post about the problem.
    Tested it and yes you are correct, you can't log in with a 2nd browser. Not sure if this is "new" and by design or not.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    Sovrath said:
    Vrika said:
    Champie said:

Tested it and yes you are correct, you can't log in with a 2nd browser. Not sure if this is "new" and by design or not.

Do you mean try to log in twice at the same time? On two different bowsers?

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 555
    Vrika said:
    Bug/Tech problem: For some reason I can't login to MMORPG.com. The website looks like it accepts my username and password and proceeds forward, but even after that I'm not logged in.

Tested with: Win 11 + Chrome, Win 11 + Edge and Android + Chrome. All have same problem.

When I tested with laptop (Win 10 + Chrome) that had my old session and cookies saved it bypassed the problem: I was logged on to this website without needing to login.

When I tested logging on with wrong password I got an error message which my previous login attempts didn't generate, so it doesn't look like any problem with my password.

EDIT: Creating a new account doesn't fix the problem: I was able to create a new account but had the same problem of being unable to login with it.
    We are currently also going through a server migration and ironing out some issues, so this could be related. We know right now there is a login problem occurring and our dev is working on a fix. 

Cheers and thanks for letting us know!
    Vrika
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited March 2023
    lotrlore said:

We are currently also going through a server migration and ironing out some issues, so this could be related. We know right now there is a login problem occurring and our dev is working on a fix. 

Cheers and thanks for letting us know!
    Logging in works again. Thanks.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Since I clear out my history daily I was unable to log in today until awhile ago.