Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just found this game

AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
Thought I'd open up the discussion, just found the game and looks pretty good

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    My advice, put neither time or money into games in development and you will not be disappointed. Then if it does well when it launches like me you will be presently surprised.
    Champie
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Scot said:
    My advice, put neither time or money into games in development and you will not be disappointed. Then if it does well when it launches like me you will be presently surprised.
    I learnt my lesson from Chronicles of Elyria.

They aren't asking for money, they have asked for people to sign up for the Alpha though.
    ScotSlapshot1188
    AnOldFart said:
    Scot said:

They aren't asking for money, they have asked for people to sign up for the Alpha though.
    I would not even do that, I am one of those gamers who loves the feel of the crisp new game at launch, but that's just me. :)
    KyleranBrainyMendelDigDuggyKidRisk
    Scot said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Scot said:

I would not even do that, I am one of those gamers who loves the feel of the crisp new game at launch, but that's just me. :)

I've played quite a few games in pre-release formats and as long as you know anything is subject to change it's fine.
    I do recognise that there is people who do not like that and I can totally understand this mindset as well.

However, all being said let's hope it will end up being as good as it looks and not some other vapourware.
    TokkenScot
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    AnOldFart said:
    Scot said:

How else do they get an email DL to pitch their upcoming pre pre alpha virtual merchandise sales?
    MendelChampie

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Scot said:

How else do they get an email DL to pitch their upcoming pre pre alpha virtual merchandise sales?
    True, atm no info on financials but let's wait and see.
    If they start doing loads of pre alpha merchandise/pay2win things I'll be leaving it well alone.

However they have said this:

While we're not yet ready to communicate about monetization, I can say we're most definitely not building Pax Dei to be pay to win and we won't be selling "time skips".”

https://discord.com/channels/1071081786962088018/1080761050745552896/1080819775032270939
    Kyleran
  • DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    Scot said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Scot said:

I love launch day hysterics and rending of garments.  It's as close to conan 'hear the lamentation' speech.

KyleranScotChampie
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Qbertq said:
    Scot said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Scot said:

I love launch day hysterics and rending of garments.  It's as close to conan 'hear the lamentation' speech.

I was taking part in one of these corporate psychological team building exercises a few years ago (pre-covid) and the instructor wanted us to list 3 things we liked.

I said:
    To Crush your enemies
    To See them driven before you
    And to hear the lamentation Of their women

It didn't go over as well as I'd hoped.
    Not big Conan fans I guess.

DigDuggyAnOldFartKidRiskKyleranScotSovrathChampieMadBomber13

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Qbertq said:
    Scot said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Scot said:

I was taking part in one of these corporate psychological team building exercises a few years ago (pre-covid) and the instructor wanted us to list 3 things we liked.

I said:
    To Crush your enemies
    To See them driven before you
    And to hear the lamentation Of their women

It didn't go over as well as I'd hoped.
    Not big Conan fans I guess.

My sense of humor is often not appreciated where I work either....

My co workers and managers must all think I'm strange as all get out.
    Champie

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Qbertq said:
    Scot said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Scot said:

I do feel for them though, server issues and everything else but it is not as though I am the only one warning them, they must get told wait for the reviews time and time again.
    ChampieBetaguy
    Scot said:
    Qbertq said:
    Scot said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Scot said:

I do feel for them though, server issues and everything else but it is not as though I am the only one warning them, they must get told wait for the reviews time and time again.
    Gamers be like Charlie Brown, believing maybe, just maybe this time Lucy won't pull the football out from under them.

Good Grief.

:)

(Lucy apparently is one of the first gaming / sports griefers)
    ScotChampieBetaguy

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    AnOldFart said:
    the images do look good.

We'll see.

I'm always happy to acknowledge "it looks good."

After that I need to see the game.

They talk a good "game" but can they deliver? And is what they deliver something people want to play?
    Betaguy
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    AnOldFart said:
    the images do look good.

We'll see.

I'm always happy to acknowledge "it looks good."

After that I need to see the game.

They talk a good "game" but can they deliver? And is what they deliver something people want to play?
    This is my thoughts exactly, I like the look of it and I'll wait and see what happens at release
    SovrathBetaguy
  • carolynvaughncarolynvaughn Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    it's great game. I will consider using this game. I think this game will have a apk mod version on phones
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    NDA Lifts on Friday 18th of April for Images and Tuesday the 23rd of April for Video and Streaming.  I have been in Friends and Family for the better part of a year.  I will be posting stuff and streaming.  Stay tuned.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    it's great game. I will consider using this game. I think this game will have a apk mod version on phones
    Not true, not sure where you heard that from.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Betaguy said:
    Not true, not sure where you heard that from.

That's a bot.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter