Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Day Before Releases 10-Minutes Of Gameplay To Lukewarm Fan Reaction | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2023 in Videos Discussion

imageThe Day Before Releases 10-Minutes Of Gameplay To Lukewarm Fan Reaction | MMORPG.com

After hyping up their delayed 10-minute gameplay reveal, Fntastic finally released the long-awaited gameplay of its survival MMO The Day Before.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    7 minutes of it was a running simulator
    lotrloregastovski1enesisxlr8KyleranPetitSoldatSplattrTokken
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 576
    Where is the UI? This doesn't look like 10 minutes of gameplay to me either. It feels like more pre-designed shit. Granted the graphics quality is a step down from the previous "preview". Yet where are all the enemies, where are other players, where is a million different things. Looks like even if this is real gameplay, this was never ready to launch on the day they had announced. And it doesn't look like it would be ready to launch on the new date either. I'm not sure this helped them at all.
    Mendel
  • giantessfangiantessfan Member UncommonPosts: 185
    I will say it again if there really was a lawsuit over the name they wouldn't be allowed to use it on any marketing material, gameplay, etc...

The fact that they are still using the name openly without us hearing of anything I call bullshit. Doubly so because that kind of stuff is avaible to the public. So if they were actually being sued I am sure someone would have dug it up by now
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited February 2023
    The Delay Before is looking like it needs to fill in a lot of blanks, but there does appear to be a shell of a game here. The zombies pose literally zero threat. For the video, they couldn't even let one of them attack the player to see what that's like?
    Scot

Joined - July 2004

• AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,164
    Yeah so you can't say they have nothing. Whether it's interesting or compelling is another matter, but there's some engine and game mechanics being run here.

Had a chuckle at the prophylacticly tight yoga pants that form fit right to the top of the butt crack. Definitely my first choice when dressing myself for a day out fighting for my life and scavenging necessities. Pockets are so overrated. Also the guy's overdramatic voice right at the end. Like a monster truck announcement.
    strawhat0981
  • UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 1,139
    edited February 2023
    When your gameplay trailer feels like it's the result of a weekend game jam, you got work to do.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    It looked okay, but without the UI, you really can't tell what is going on.  All the F key seems to indicate that the native destination is some console.  The really jarring point for me was when the character stopped and got some food from their inventory and ate it.  How did they know they were hungry?  No UI to provide feedback.  The need for food suggests some kind of post-apocalyptic survival game to me, maybe not too different than a Fallout title.

maskedweaselKyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• SkeeterslintSkeeterslint Member UncommonPosts: 71
    The Division and The Day Before are the same game. This is still a scam.
  • enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Looks fine... so not rdy for release.. gave me fortnite char feel... and some Div2
  • DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229
    What a lackluster trailer!
  • KappadonnaKappadonna Member UncommonPosts: 119
    What gameplay? Two characters walking around a barren world, devoid of life, with three small pockets of obviously spawned (and non threatening) enemies which showcased no combat mechanics other than they die in one bullet. The UI is a cut/paste throwaway interface you'll find in any one of a thousand other games. The downgraded graphics look like they were stolen from 2016. They were better off hiding behind the entire trademark name issue and avoiding publishing this footage.

There's barely a game here. And what little game there is is terrible. It's obvious the original video they showcased was a single short demo-ready level with scripted enemies designed to hype up a bunch of nothing.

A big booty isn't going to save you.
    maskedweasel
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

What gameplay? Two characters walking around a barren world, devoid of life, with three small pockets of obviously spawned (and non threatening) enemies which showcased no combat mechanics other than they die in one bullet. The UI is a cut/paste throwaway interface you'll find in any one of a thousand other games. The downgraded graphics look like they were stolen from 2016. They were better off hiding behind the entire trademark name issue and avoiding publishing this footage.

There's barely a game here. And what little game there is is terrible. It's obvious the original video they showcased was a single short demo-ready level with scripted enemies designed to hype up a bunch of nothing.

A big booty isn't going to save you.

My big booty won't save me? Damn it man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    edited February 2023
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited February 2023
    I will say it again if there really was a lawsuit over the name they wouldn't be allowed to use it on any marketing material, gameplay, etc...

The fact that they are still using the name openly without us hearing of anything I call bullshit. Doubly so because that kind of stuff is avaible to the public. So if they were actually being sued I am sure someone would have dug it up by now
    No, to prevent abuse of the system it's not automatic: The court may decide to order the defendant to stop using the name during court proceedings, but it always requires court decision, and the courts do not give decisions like that lightly because of how expensive it is to even temporarily stop using a name you've already been using.

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    Was anyone ever excited about this game? They showed nothing before and the concept itself always sounded like another generic survival title.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    The mystical letter "F" just keeps appearing every now and then. I've seen that in other games too. Is that a message from outer space or some kind of optical disturbance in a neuro link? Oh yes, it was in The Elder Scrolls Online when i saw it last. I stopped playing right away, naturally.

Nice ass, though, i give you that.
  • HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

elveone said:

Was anyone ever excited about this game? They showed nothing before and the concept itself always sounded like another generic survival title.

Since it was one of the most (was it the most?) wishlisted game on Steam, then yeah...I'd say that despite the lack of info, there were quite a few people excited. At least to get information...and obviously now that we have it, I think that excitement has cratered.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited February 2023
    Hengist said:

elveone said:

Since it was one of the most (was it the most?) wishlisted game on Steam, then yeah...I'd say that despite the lack of info, there were quite a few people excited. At least to get information...and obviously now that we have it, I think that excitement has cratered.
    When I first heard that this was the most wish-listed Steam game my first thought was "How did they manage to game the system with that many fake accounts?"

It was either that or the human race is truly doomed.

:)
    elveone
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited February 2023
    2:02 lol@ the folks who still think this is a real game. And what is this volunteer for life cult crap?

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543
    templarga said:
    I said it in another thread and I stand by it - its a State of Decay rip off. I got total State of Decay 2 vibes.
    How dare you compare that trailer to State of Decay! A better comparison would be to H1Z1. Not the battle royale, but the MMO that was there before the BR. Myself and so many of my friends were super hyped for H1Z1 and then when it released it was WTF. Tons of running. Very little loot and any loot you found was underwhelming.

My issues with the trailer include but are not limited to:

No UI shown.
    No quest system shown,
    No melee combat.
    No zombies show up close.
    No zombie looting
    No zombie AI on display other than hear scream, turn and shoot at zombies in the distance.
    Very basic crafting shown but no idea of advanced recipes.
    No NPCs or towns/camps shown.
    Shadows look like they are from a single light source. This is an RTX On game, right?

I would be happy with an MMO ripoff of State of Decay or The Division. The Day After isn't that.
    MendelmaskedweaselFrodoFraginsScot
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Splattr said:
    templarga said:
    I said it in another thread and I stand by it - its a State of Decay rip off. I got total State of Decay 2 vibes.
    How dare you compare that trailer to State of Decay! A better comparison would be to H1Z1. Not the battle royale, but the MMO that was there before the BR. Myself and so many of my friends were super hyped for H1Z1 and then when it released it was WTF. Tons of running. Very little loot and any loot you found was underwhelming.

My issues with the trailer include but are not limited to:

No UI shown.
    No quest system shown,
    No melee combat.
    No zombies show up close.
    No zombie looting
    No zombie AI on display other than hear scream, turn and shoot at zombies in the distance.
    Very basic crafting shown but no idea of advanced recipes.
    No NPCs or towns/camps shown.
    Shadows look like they are from a single light source. This is an RTX On game, right?

I would be happy with an MMO ripoff of State of Decay or The Division. The Day After isn't that.

The entire world seemed pretty dark, too.  Somehow that doesn't mesh with electricity, which was seen all around.  Maybe that was a gamma issue with recording the video, but there were definitely lights that weren't bright enough to not need flashlights.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,164
    The Day Buttfore (_!_)
    Can sex sell a crappy zombie game?
    You betcha!
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321
    edited February 2023
    There's a issue where they can't use "The Day Before", that's why the said they took down the Steam store page. If they can't use the name then how are they able to keep it up thier site and make new videos with the name?

The new gameplay footage is pretty bland and they dumbed down the graphics. The amount of red flags happening here is pretty high. This is reminding me of the bs Athem trailer and fake demo at E3 2017.