Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to mmorpgs ?...Most of them sucked !

2»

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    ESO is a bizzarre game...we all seem to have had very different experiences there...I thought it was one of the worst MMOs I ever played, but many here say it is the best they ever played.....Different strokes for different folks
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    ESO is a bizzarre game...we all seem to have had very different experiences there...I thought it was one of the worst MMOs I ever played, but many here say it is the best they ever played.....Different strokes for different folks
    Small zones, stupid phasing and broaken up communities, on rails and EASY. 

Yes it's the worst !!
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    I actually like ESO especially first couple years before it became EZ mode.
    delete5230
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    ESO would still be my home MMO if it was not a mess of bugs and server latency and lag. Best PvP system I have play since DAoC. Only if I could stay connected during my play session. 
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 567
    Pure and simple what happened is that these huge and lumbering, not to mention mostly solitary and unique game worlds were supplanted with much shallower and much easier crafted, and conquered, game worlds. Online with others gaming stopped being something unusual and instead became the usual.

People quit spending months or even years in one "online" game and instead spent various amounts of time in all of them. Online game design was simply reevaluated and changed to accommodate this paradigm shift.
    Kyleran
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Pure and simple what happened is that these huge and lumbering, not to mention mostly solitary and unique game worlds were supplanted with much shallower and much easier crafted, and conquered, game worlds. Online with others gaming stopped being something unusual and instead became the usual.

People quit spending months or even years in one "online" game and instead spent various amounts of time in all of them. Online game design was simply reevaluated and changed to accommodate this paradigm shift.
    I simply call this 30 day games.  Their made with 30 days of content.
    Scot