Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoE "State of Elyria Update" AKA: The Farce Continues

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Love this nugget:

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I'll be happy to speculate on the plaintiff's motives, someone wants their pound of flesh from Jeremy's hide.  ;)

But most likely they feel it might help in their pursuit of the real target, Xsolla who actually have the financial assets to actually pay anything back from this fiasco.

"I now want to address the most significant event of Q4. While I won't spend time speculating on their motivations or intended outcomes - as that is not what these blog posts are about - the plaintiff in the dismissed lawsuit against Soulbound Studios appealed their case to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

The immediate consequence of that is us being forced to eat (what will likely be) another ~$50k +/- in legal fees and, should the appellate court overturn the lower court's decision, uncertainty about our future and our ability to continue developing CoE.

That said, we are confident in the Magistrate’s recommendation and the U.S. District Court’s ruling and believe the appellate court will come to the same conclusion."

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    It's pretty hard to muster even the mildest hatred for CoE anymore.  The best I can do is a weak "Go Plaintiffs!".  Then again, we just don't see the same numbers of CoE fanbois here trying to defend this delusional mirage anymore.  Shame.  That might hurt MMORPG.com.

Slapshot1188

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Mendel said:
    It's pretty hard to muster even the mildest hatred for CoE anymore.  The best I can do is a weak "Go Plaintiffs!".  Then again, we just don't see the same numbers of CoE fanbois here trying to defend this delusional mirage anymore.  Shame.  That might hurt MMORPG.com.

Yeah. When he tries to sell his ridiculous KoE product maybe it will spark some energy to go bring him back to reality, but I just cant get riled up anymore.  He's proven to be utterly pathetic and unworthy of much more than disdain and pity.

Mendel