Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Played kingdom of amalur re reckoning and had more fun then I had in any games I played last year

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
Beyond the shadows there's always light

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    It's a rather interesting game though some of the mechanics do feel like the mmorpg that it was supposed to be. Or more to the point, they released this to help get money for the mmorpg.

AlBQuirky
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Sovrath said:
    It's a rather interesting game though some of the mechanics do feel like the mmorpg that it was supposed to be. Or more to the point, they released this to help get money for the mmorpg.
    The MMO never got of the ground but they made one of my favourite solo RPG's along the way, but I am a play it once man, I would not go back. Oh and if you have not played it you need to.
    SovrathAlBQuirky
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I played Kingdoms of Amalur: RR not that long ago and certainly enjoyed myself.

To me, it felt like a fairly generic RPG. Nothing wrong with that as it meant I got exactly what i expected (and wanted), but there wasn't much to get excited about.

I have my usual complaint about the combat: action combat is always shallow, and whilst I enjoyed it to begin with, by the end of the game I was really bored with it and glad to be finished.

Still, I prefered the combat to Elden Ring. I know that game gets a ton of praise, but action combat with animation locking has always felt like shooting yourself in the foot, it deliberately reduces the amount of action the player can do. KoA felt more fluid, more reactive, more actiony.
    AlBQuirky
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    edited January 2023
    One of the things I didtn like about the game was the combat felt wierd at times...I remember wielding a mace or club of some kind, pushing the attack button once, and the character goes through a series of attacks, like a combo, off one button push...It just didnt feel right.
    AlBQuirky
  • UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 1,139
    I didn't hate the game, but never found myself really liking it either. I've never managed to finish it in spite of starting multiple times, including when re-reckoning came out, and I'd invariably hit a point where It'd just fall out of my mind and I'd move on to something else.

Just never really found it engaging I guess, like I was just going through the motions rather than playing an actual game.
    AlBQuirkySensai
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Chakrams are the best mage weapon ever in any game.
    AlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    I like it, and can feel the hint of MMORPG elements when I play.
    SovrathAlBQuirky
  • marina92marina92 Newbie CommonPosts: 9
    edited August 2023
    Splendid gameplay, pretty and colorful graphics without being a masterpiece, but the work is there. The story is very rich and even the secondary quests are fun!
    Post edited by marina92 on
    SovrathScotAlBQuirky
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    The game was too generic - everything was «ok», which summarized just makes it kinda boring. It also lacked scaling, which meant you could outlevel an area well before you were done with it
    AlBQuirky
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited January 2023
    Uwakionna said:
    I didn't hate the game, but never found myself really liking it either. I've never managed to finish it in spite of starting multiple times, including when re-reckoning came out, and I'd invariably hit a point where It'd just fall out of my mind and I'd move on to something else.

Just never really found it engaging I guess, like I was just going through the motions rather than playing an actual game.
    My usual reaction most single player games unless they play very much like a MMORPG, like the Fallout games.

Or maybe I just favor games with automatic combat shotguns in them.

;)

AlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    I missed this post!

I have the OG game (disc) and tried playing a few times. I never got very far. It just never "grabbed me", but I may give it another go :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR