Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Return of Reckoning

ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
Has anyone played this? It looked like a legit player run server but my antivirus stopped the download after it was flagged as a Trojan virus. I read that this could happen even though it isn't a virus so I followed the directions on turning everything off, but could not get the game to download.

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Been playing it for years , just broke RR 80 , download is fine , follow the instructions carefully on the install walkthru ..

If you roll Destro i will be killing you ..

WAaaaAaAGGgGgGGgHHhHHhhH!!!!
    ultimateduck
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Its pretty solid. I enjoyed it off and on for a few years. Had some great times, and the game felt great. It may have changed since I last played (over a year ago), but the Order usually face rolled the Destro on all end game RvR. I felt it needed a bit of population balancing at the time. Last I knew the volunteer team is still working on things and getting content added or adjusted. 
    ultimateduck
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I put some reasonable time into this during 2020, server is pretty stable and game is legit. Got my ironbreaker up to RR53 i think, was pretty fun.

Game still has the same problems as live (big power gaps and inconsistent progression) which is why i don't play it more often, but when the PvP is pumping, it's damn good! Regularly seen 500+ in a zone, lots of roaming groups, raid groups as well as the zerg. I haven't joined a guild but the PUG leaders on order side are pretty good.
    ultimateduck
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited December 2020
    Yeah, it's a legit sever with no fees and no viruses.  Over 1000 on during primetime.  Great server, constant updates and weekly events.  

The devs rollout new major updates every year and try to adjust power gaps.

Super easy to join a warband in RVR.  Also easy to find a guild.  Not really a solo game, (you can) so individual power gap not a huge deal... but you can close it in about 1-2 months play...easily.
    ultimateduck
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Really good server.
    Gets a bit boring after a few months but they try to keep it lively with regular patches, events and even Twitch Drops
    ultimateduck

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Probably best MMO to play atm.

• MorningDawningMorningDawning Newbie CommonPosts: 20
    Being new to Atelier and this combat system it does take some getting used to, but once you understand the AP count, when to use the combo chains, and how to utilize battle orders to your advantage it becomes super easy. Of course, as an alchemist, having the best equipment possible is also a bonus. It definitely has a learning curve, but its not a steep one.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Being new to Atelier and this combat system it does take some getting used to, but once you understand the AP count, when to use the combo chains, and how to utilize battle orders to your advantage it becomes super easy. Of course, as an alchemist, having the best equipment possible is also a bonus. It definitely has a learning curve, but its not a steep one.
    You have just won my award as Most Prolific Poster of the New Year! Keep it up mate. :)
  • JulifiusJulifius Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    Woah woah woah... when did Warhammer Online return!?!
    Building my own MMO RTS. Follow my progress and developer diaries here: 

https://halcyon-online.com/
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Julifius said:
    Woah woah woah... when did Warhammer Online return!?!

The emulator has been around for quite a few years now.

I don't think everything from live has been implemented, but nearly everything is there, along with some extras. A few PQs haven't been done yet, and the land of the dead expansion is only partially implemented, but i think everything else is there.

They have also added new stuff too, including some scenarios and two new capitol cities (ork and dwarf, though neither can be sieged).

• JulifiusJulifius Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    God damn, that's awesome. WAR was my favourite MMO while it lasted (albeit, for a very short time). It's a shame they screwed the endgame so badly).
    Building my own MMO RTS. Follow my progress and developer diaries here: 

https://halcyon-online.com/