Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire on Green Man Gaming

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
edited February 2022 in General Gaming
For 8 euros. If you want to pick the game up for cheap , here's your chance.

BTW is anyone excited for the Chrono Cross remaster which is coming out on the 7th of April. Going to definitely pick it up.
Chamber of Chains
[Deleted User]BLNX

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• BLNXBLNX Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    I have ChronoCross on my wishlist. It's one of the few of my old PS1 games I have a ROM for (The Legend of the Dragoon being the other) and have played through an EMU. I'm happy to pony up some cash for a remaster of this one.

Pillars 2 Ultimate is available through Xbox GamePass for PC. I've thought about trying a play through to see if I liked it better than the first which really fell apart for me in the third act. https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N8N7NZSVTG3

Right now I'm playing The Outer Worlds and Edge of Eternity. I love Outer Worlds which makes me want to give Pillars 2 a go just to see. Edge of Eternity has really clicked with me so far. It feels a lot like early PS1 JRPGs like Final Fantasy and ChronoCross and then also Octopath a bit. I just hope it doesn't hit a really crunchy grind point like Octopath did for me. I only got half way through and put it down when I realized I would need to level all the alternate jobs for each primary.

Now here's hoping we'll see a remaster of The Legend of the Dragoon at some point. It could stand a complete graphical overhaul if it kept in line with the original art.
    Glad you are liking Edge of Eternity!

Thanks! I kinda understated how much I'm enjoying it. It has a very old school vibe I find appealing but doesn't feel like it's trying to be retro. The plot is intriguing, the artwork and character models, and animations are gorgeous. The soundtrack is good. The gem upgrade system, stamina, resting, and gear crafting are very well suited. They are deep enough to offer a thoughtful build strategy, they aren't overly complex for the flow of the narrative or game play. There is a little bit of grind, but not too much. So far, it's very well paced in my opinion.

While there are some rough spots and clunk, mostly in some combat situations and NPC interaction, those are occasional minor annoyances and not showstopping hurdles. At least so far. I don't want to overly gush about it and then hit a wall like I did in Octopath that really put me off. So, I'm trying to keep my enthusiasm in check and just enjoy the ride.
    I enjoy the game a lot too. I haven't finished it yet, but I've been working on clearing everything I see on the steam version.

I also found a few hiccups, but rarely in the gameplay. My only real wish is that party sizes were bigger (and enemies and allies were allowed on the same hex, though keeping the attack ranges the same), to make the hex system a bit more utilized. At the moment for me there have been very few battles where movement was absolutely necessary, and I'm including boss battles in that statement.
    [Deleted User]cheyane
    In the King's Court, I choose to be the Jester.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
     Sounds like Edge of Eternity is a lot of fun. I recall wanting to buy this game when I saw it in early access.

Chamber of Chains
  • MorningDawningMorningDawning Newbie CommonPosts: 20
    Monster Hunter World has almost the same Combat System.