Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game are you playing on your PC now?

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Most recent games this month:

Vendetta Online
    Rogue Glitch
    War Thunder
    Broforce
    Tinyfolks
    Polygod
    Muck
    Crypt of the Necrodancer
    Steep
    Ori and the Blind Forest

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403
    edited November 2022
    Rn I am playing Ne w World on one of the rta servers and I have been playing through the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited November 2022
    Been on a short single player binge and recently played through:

- Immortality
    - Dishonored
    - Plague Tale 2

Then I (re) started Star Ocean 5 on PS4 but discovered Vampire Survivors. So now I play Vampire Survivors. Constantly. Its like crack.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    MensurPhaserlightcheyaneBrainy
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,511
    Wow Everlook private server
    Andemnon

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    lahnmir said:

- Immortality
    - Dishonored
    - Plague Tale 2

Then I (re) started Star Ocean 5 on PS4 but discovered Vampire Survivors. So now I play Vampire Survivors. Constantly. Its like crack.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Vampire Survivors is a game that is more fun than it should be. (Looks to be?) 

Really good time 
    It is ridiculous, they took a single, simple, gameplay element and ran with, everything the game does and offers is to strengthen that one element. And it is a pretty deep rabbit hole. First you level skills, then you stack them, then you modify them, then you find out that maxed skills can also form new skills and your two doves turn into a rainbow blasting dove, then you unlock more classes, a level select, hyper mode, permanent buffs, background music select, card buffs aaaarrrgghhh. It never ends and you end up with so many modifiers it takes a long time to get bored.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    AndemnonPhaserlightBrainy
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    Recently went back to Hell Let Loose, and they've made some great strides.

The movement is much more fluid and reliable than it used to be.  Soldiers vault waist-high fences how you'd expect someone who might get shot at any moment to vault them.  It used to be a painfully slow endeavor.

The game honestly feels like a natural evolution of the old Day of Defeat game made with Valve's original HL engine.  The gunplay is similar, but the maps are exponentially larger, have vehicles, and include a lot more players.

It isn't without flaws, but it's fun.  Hopefully they can continue improving and refining because the experience is worth it.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    New World and MW2.

Looking forward to playing Witcher 3 with its Next-Gen update in Dec.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    Recently went back to Hell Let Loose, and they've made some great strides.

The movement is much more fluid and reliable than it used to be.  Soldiers vault waist-high fences how you'd expect someone who might get shot at any moment to vault them.  It used to be a painfully slow endeavor.

The game honestly feels like a natural evolution of the old Day of Defeat game made with Valve's original HL engine.  The gunplay is similar, but the maps are exponentially larger, have vehicles, and include a lot more players.

It isn't without flaws, but it's fun.  Hopefully they can continue improving and refining because the experience is worth it.
    It is in the Humble Bundle this month so i planned on checking it out. Good to hear they have progressed well. 
    It's one of those games where you gotta be willing to use a mic to get the most out of it, but I have found the community to be extremely chill.  Only met a very few bad eggs, and fewer still in my squad where I could hear their mics.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Autum Sale now on Steam if you need even more things to play!
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines
    eoloeSovrath
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Oddly, my time has been devoted to Solasta: Crown of the Magister.  To confound the oddness, I'm wrestling with the infernal budget to pick up some of the DLC during the Steam Winter sale.  I like the game, despite it seeming at times to be an exercise in moving and camera angles.

What's even more odd is that I really dislike the D&D rules, especially 5e.

Andemnon

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Most recent games this month:

Vendetta Online
    Rogue Glitch
    War Thunder
    Broforce
    Tinyfolks
    Polygod
    Muck
    Crypt of the Necrodancer
    Steep
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    how do you find the time?  wow!
    Phaserlight

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,162
    I got Assassin's Creed Origins on sale and have been enjoying that. I like some aspects better than Odyssey but Odyssey wins in other regards. Both are the pinnacle of the franchise in my opinion.
    Sovrath
  • Gerroopp67Gerroopp67 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited January 2023
    Currently I play a lot of WoW WotLK. Saw a top list of the best MMO's on CoinLooting and read the report about New World. I have to be honest, I didn't have New World on my radar at all. The game is very fun for me personally.

• Gerroopp67Gerroopp67 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited January 2023

• AndemnonAndemnon Member UncommonPosts: 179
    hello,
    everyone, does anyone have knowledge about Alienware aurora 2019 this type PC 
    Its a Dell PC.
    Currently playing Eurotruck Simulator 2, Planetside 2 and a bit of BDO now and then.  I was playing the new WOW expansion but honestly, i got bored, not even WotLK Classic induced me to maintain a sub, or play for that matter. I will be adding TESO into my rotation however, its worth it. :)
    Mendel said:
    Oddly, my time has been devoted to Solasta: Crown of the Magister.  To confound the oddness, I'm wrestling with the infernal budget to pick up some of the DLC during the Steam Winter sale.  I like the game, despite it seeming at times to be an exercise in moving and camera angles.

Nothing odd about disliking 5th edition tbh, my personal choice is for 2.0 though 3.5 isn't really all that bad either, just nothing good came after that, well i am still a fan of the original Traveller rpg so i guess i could just be a tad old.
    Scot
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Andemnon said:
    Mendel said:

Nothing odd about disliking 5th edition tbh, my personal choice is for 2.0 though 3.5 isn't really all that bad either, just nothing good came after that, well i am still a fan of the original Traveller rpg so i guess i could just be a tad old.
    Traveller made my a fan of life path RPG systems to this day. I played one guy who was an asteroid miner who died and was brought back to life by aliens, the other miners were spooked and I had to try a couple of times to get into space piracy. According to a fellow player, they wouldn't have me because my accent was too posh. :)

The back story did not end there and we had not even started to play!
    Andemnon
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Age of Conan

I played LotRO for about a week early in the month, but it was kind of boring running around Mordor.

I was also reading the new Conan book; Blood of the Serpent, and got the urge to run a charater through the starter island in Age of Conan.

So I'm currently running a new character and playing one of my other mid level alts in Age of Conan.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    lahnmir said:
    lahnmir said:

- Immortality
    - Dishonored
    - Plague Tale 2

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Vampire Survivors is a game that is more fun than it should be. (Looks to be?) 

Really good time 
    It is ridiculous, they took a single, simple, gameplay element and ran with, everything the game does and offers is to strengthen that one element. And it is a pretty deep rabbit hole. First you level skills, then you stack them, then you modify them, then you find out that maxed skills can also form new skills and your two doves turn into a rainbow blasting dove, then you unlock more classes, a level select, hyper mode, permanent buffs, background music select, card buffs aaaarrrgghhh. It never ends and you end up with so many modifiers it takes a long time to get bored.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Vampire survivor dev knows what fun looks like.  Removes all the boring elements of the gameplay and doubles down on the good stuff.  Wish more games would do this.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다